Heroes #13:Duels/Dec.2008

Blastin

First Post
I don't think it's realistic to think America could ever have a president that isn't an old rich white guy. :)

(I hope that doesn't stray into "no politics" land. I was just kidding.)

Seriously, he should be good in the role, but there really wasn't anything more than the slightest of teasers there.

heh....I just thought it was funny. As soon as I heard his voice I thought, "Cool, now Syler is in trouble. Even he can't stand against a Kilngon!" ;)

I don't think it's realistic to think America could ever have a president that isn't an old rich white guy. :)

(I hope that doesn't stray into "no politics" land. I was just kidding.)

Seriously, he should be good in the role, but there really wasn't anything more than the slightest of teasers there.
But doesn't a frigging Klingon sound still too unlikely?! :p

Steel_Wind

Legend
Was that Michael Dorn? I didn't even notice WHO the actor was (as he was shot with a half face shrouded in shadow). It seemed to me that the camera direction was trying to reach for an Obama-likeness to the President. I was marvelling at this audacity so much that I didn't pick up that the actor in question was Michael Dorn as the President.

My bad.

(And assuming it was Michael Dorn....cool.)

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
I didn't even notice WHO the actor was (as he was shot with a half face shrouded in shadow). It seemed to me that the camera direction was trying to reach for an Obama-likeness to the President. I was marvelling at this audacity so much that I didn't pick up that the actor in question was Michael Dorn as the President.
)

Heh heh I thought that was funny since it showed me that NBC had guts. I mentioned this earlier (on page one of the thread), but my post was devoured by ENWorld.

Last edited:

Fast Learner

First Post
Daphne+Ando could theoretically move through time both ways, I think (though my relativity is very weak): she travels faster than light and moves backwards in time, she travels just shy of the speed of light and moves forward in time. No?

drothgery

First Post
Daphne+Ando could theoretically move through time both ways, I think (though my relativity is very weak): she travels faster than light and moves backwards in time, she travels just shy of the speed of light and moves forward in time. No?

Well, effectively; if you're moving at an appreciable percentage of the speed of light, then time slows down for you relative to the rest of the universe. So she could go fast enough that sixteen years to the rest of the universe would be only seconds to her. That's the easy part.

Going back in time is trickier, because it requires infinite energy for something with a rest mass to reach c, let alone exceed it.

Remove ads