Heroes # 9: It's Coming/Nov2008

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
I mentioned this in the beginning: It takes at least three months for a comic to make it through the pipeline and get to the stands. So even without the messanger there should have been two or three issues still in the pipeline, which no one thought to check on when they came out! (Either the writers don't know anything about comics publishing or they assume that their viewers don't.)

Uhm... You do realize that Jeph Loeb (one of the writers/producers who was AXED) currently WRITES for Marvel Comics and used to write for DC. So the second theory is the most likely.... but even then it's a stretch. Personally, I think they just don't care.

Last edited:

Simplicity

Explorer
I still don't understand why Linderman wanted to blow up a city. That plan didn't make any sense to me either and Pa Patrelli seemed to be going along with that one. He was even willing to kill off his own son for it. Why? I don't know.

His new plan at least seems like an improvement although not much of one. I guess if there's more people with powers, there's more powers for him to steal. Okay then. Why not just say that? Does every show have to be Lost these days with inscrutable villains/situations?

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Three words: Marvel's Civil War.

RETCONNING SEASON ONE EXPLANATION: Basically by having NYC blow up due to a person showing up with powers they would then be able to pass a "super human" registration act then. Linderman then begins rounding up everyone up with powers so that Pa Patrelli could steal powers (because by then Linderman is his pawn). They then determine which people with powers deserved to live (freely), who should die and who should be imprisoned.

Last edited:

Three words: Marvel's Civil War.

RETCONNING SEASON ONE EXPLANATION: Basically by having NYC blow up due to a person showing up with powers they would then be able to pass a "super human" registration act then. Linderman then begins rounding up everyone up with powers so that Pa Patrelli could steal powers (because by then Linderman is his pawn). They then determine which people with powers deserved to live (freely), who should die and who should be imprisoned.

Then why go ahead with the plan when Pa Petrelli was presumed dead? I mean, Linderman hated him by that point, if we're to bother paying attention to the 'flashback' episode this year.

DonTadow

First Post
So considering the situations they got into, I . . . I actually liked how the good guys acted in this episode. (Good guys being the ones who end up with Ma Petrelli at the end.)

But pretty much everything the bad guys did (i.e., those who ended up with Pa Petrelli at the end) were just . . . stuipd. Well, not everything. I mean, "Scary Black Man" and "Hick Pyromaniac" aren't stupid, just brutish and lacking personality. But what the duck is Pa Petrelli doing?

Seriously, what the hell is his plan?

Seriously!

And how did he go from having "I control you" powers in the flashback to "I steal your powers" in the present day? Is there a reason he's not using his "I control you powers" like crazy?

I think my oriignal theory is getting stronger, that pa petrilli only steals powers for a limitied amount of time and then they fade and/or they return to the original user eventually

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Then why go ahead with the plan when Pa Petrelli was presumed dead? I mean, Linderman hated him by that point, if we're to bother paying attention to the 'flashback' episode this year.

This is the only explanation I can think of:

Pa Patrelli was using Pa Parker to manipulate Linderman and everyone in order to continue the plan that they all hated. This theory only really makes sense because it's assumed that Molly was used to locate Pa Parker during the time the company had access to her (remember her mentioning the "Nightmare Man" could see her when she tried to locate him during season 1). However, since Molly was unable to locate Pa Parker (without going into a coma), Linderman decided to keep her in Linderman towers as an early alert system (kind of how they used to her locate Sylar when he approached the building).

Last edited:

Ed_Laprade

Adventurer
Something just occured to me. When Peter expresses his worry that Claire is going to become a cold blooded killer (Or was that last week?), perhaps he ought to look a little closer at her family tree. She gets it from both sides of the family: a grandfather and two uncles. That we know of...

Kaodi

Hero
I do not bother watching much TV anymore, though since I did watch the first season of Heroes I have been following these discussions. Was there some explanation of why Gabriel was abandoned yet? And am I to assume that the fellow that was described as the pyromaniac hick is Claire's mother's brother?

LightPhoenix

First Post
I do not bother watching much TV anymore, though since I did watch the first season of Heroes I have been following these discussions. Was there some explanation of why Gabriel was abandoned yet? And am I to assume that the fellow that was described as the pyromaniac hick is Claire's mother's brother?

There hasn't been a reliable answer as to why Gabriel was abandoned. Arthur Patrelli said that Angela had a dream vision about him being evil. Whether this is true or Petrelli manipulation has yet to be seen (and likely will never be).

Yes, Flint is Meredith's brother, and by extension Claire's uncle.

Remove ads