Heroes # 9: It's Coming/Nov2008

Brown Jenkin

First Post
Real time Commentary:

9:02: Now I am confused on how Hiros power works. I am also irritated that once more they nerf Hiros powers.

9:04: Damn, more humanizing of Sylar.

9:05: If only. Why can't they just kill people damn it, instead of constantly teasing us. They need to really kill a main character (not a minor character like african guy) because right now all these fake outs hold no meaning.

9:08: Comercials and a thought. If they need to constantly neutralize Hiro what is the point in his character.

9:10: But Claire is no longer innocent already.

9:10: They sure like throwing Claire out windows.

9:11: The worst part of the show. Mohinder must die. This must be where Arthur gets the super stupidity rubbed off on him allowing him to be defeated in a few episodes.

9:13: Obvious fakeout proved.

9:14: Yea Parkman.

9:15: When did Daphne hang out with Mohinder?

9:16: I hate it when people blame me for things I do in an alternate future.

9:18: I know Claire hung out with Mohinder already.

9:23: Haven't we already seen Hiro discover his powers. We don't need to see it again.

9:24: Shouldn't you have brought a nurse?

9:25: Ma Patrelli's mind. Not someplace I would like to go.

9:25: Bah, more Sylar.

9:26: Yes, please kill her. But no this will be another fakeout.

9:28: Commercials. I still think Twilight will be Number 1 at the boxoffice. Oops wrong thread.

9:30: Commercials: Does anyone care about Rosie's new show?

9:31: Please Nathan go visit the man who wants to kill you. Maybe they will kill Tracy as well.

9:33: If they blow up the world at least the characters will die. Blowing up the world is not a legacy it is the end of all legacies.

9:34: Please do what she says and kill her.

9:35: Damnit be Sylar and kill her, don't forgive her.

9:36: No, No No. It seems power abosrbsion is based on being Emo.

9:37: They can't even kill minor characters now.

9:38: Comercials. I am wondering if african guy will be the last dead body we see. This episode is proving that they will do anything to not kill people. It seems that Arthur is the only one alowed to kill now. Maybe next week they will allow HRG to be his ruthless self.

9:41: Arrrrgggghhhhhh, please stop the Emo Sylatr.

9:42: Since when does Sylar need practice using new powers. Maybe that is Peters problem as well. The lesson, If powers are Emo abrorbed they don't work well, it is better to eat their brain.

9:43: Child Hiro can use poweres better than experienced Hiro. What are they doing?

9:44: Yes Nathan, snap out of this.

9:46: Tracy is no better than Jessica it seems.

9:47: Now for the disturbing part.

9:48: I hate being blamed for dream actions. :)

9:52: Way to go Daphne. I knew I liked Daphne.

9:53: Think of the Turtle Matt, Think of the Turtle. Wake up Matt, the Turtle needs you.

9:54: Angela is back. The best thing about this epispde so far.

9:55: And Matt remains smart with with Peter. This years writers like Matt it seems.

9:56: Killing the patient doesn't count.

9:57: Who is writing that comic? I honestly forgot. I thought it had been Isaac.

9:58: The catalyst is Emo Power!

9:59: Save the cheerleader, Save the World.

9:59: Shut up Mohinder, your rantings are anoying.

10:00: No heroes, oh what shall we do?

I will give the episode a 5/10. Only the last couple of minutes were worth it.

Edit: Edited in real time

Last edited:

DonTadow

First Post
I am Don Tadow, and I Watch Heroes every week,

Hi support group. I am glad that you guys are hear to deal with this weekly with me, because 20 minutes into the show I have a host of questions as I do not understand what is going on.

Why is parkman at primatech, aren't they trying to kill him, didn't they just send someone to kill him? His girl works for primatech and knows that they sent someone to kill him. Why did he go to them? Didn't they come up with a clever ruse to trick primatech into thinking he was dead? Why would they now reveal their hand?

I have long given up on travel in Heroes making since, that was my biggest and only problem with season one. Everyone seemed to be weverywhere they needed to be.

And how did ma petrelli get in a primatech facility.

DonTadow

First Post
and without fail the faux backstory they created last week helps push the future plots instead of compliment what we've previously learned. I just don't buy the elle/sylar history simply because i can't buy an angry sylar not beheading her during their first meet.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
I am Don Tadow, and I Watch Heroes every week,

Hi support group. I am glad that you guys are hear to deal with this weekly with me, because 20 minutes into the show I have a host of questions as I do not understand what is going on.

Why is parkman at primatech, aren't they trying to kill him, didn't they just send someone to kill him? His girl works for primatech and knows that they sent someone to kill him. Why did he go to them? Didn't they come up with a clever ruse to trick primatech into thinking he was dead? Why would they now reveal their hand?

I have long given up on travel in Heroes making since, that was my biggest and only problem with season one. Everyone seemed to be weverywhere they needed to be.

And how did ma petrelli get in a primatech facility.

There's tow "Primatech." Primatech A: Controlled by Ma Patrelli. And Primatech's evil clone (Pinehurst?) which is controlled by Pa Patrelli. Basically Ma Patrelli was given control of the company when Bob died.

Both want control of the Heroes. Pinehurst wants them so that Pa Patrelli can become powerful and godlike so he could take down Ma Patrelli since she tried killing him. The company just wants to control them and eliminate the more threatening of them.... and to send them against pinehurst.

In the end, we want someone to go back in time and kill off BOTH of the Patrelli parents Butterfly Effect Style.

DonTadow

First Post
There's tow "Primatech." Primatech A: Controlled by Ma Patrelli. And Primatech's evil clone (Pinehurst?) which is controlled by Pa Patrelli. Basically Ma Patrelli was given control of the company when Bob died.

Both want control of the Heroes. Pinehurst wants them so that Pa Patrelli can become powerful and godlike so he could take down Ma Patrelli since she tried killing him. The company just wants to control them and eliminate the more threatening of them.... and to send them against pinehurst.

In the end, we want someone to go back in time and kill off BOTH of the Patrelli parents Butterfly Effect Style.

Sorry got primatech and pinhurst mixed up (whose idea was it to name them both with the letter P) It still doesn't explain why daphne would tell pa petrelli that
A. Matt's still alive (sorry i didn't kill him and I came up with a clever rouse to fool you)
B. Matt's trying to wake up ma petrelli, by the way i think you did it,
C. I know you might have caused ma petrilli's coma, but could you ...er possibly help the guy you tried to kill

So considering the situations they got into, I . . . I actually liked how the good guys acted in this episode. (Good guys being the ones who end up with Ma Petrelli at the end.)

But pretty much everything the bad guys did (i.e., those who ended up with Pa Petrelli at the end) were just . . . stuipd. Well, not everything. I mean, "Scary Black Man" and "Hick Pyromaniac" aren't stupid, just brutish and lacking personality. But what the duck is Pa Petrelli doing?

Seriously, what the hell is his plan?

Seriously!

And how did he go from having "I control you" powers in the flashback to "I steal your powers" in the present day? Is there a reason he's not using his "I control you powers" like crazy?

Daddy: "Nathan, I need you to rule the world."

Nathan: "Yes, Father."

Isn't that just much easier? Sure, bad for plot, but if the writers don't want to take the powers to their logical conclusion, they need not to put those powers in in the first place.

Ah well. How long til episodes come out that were produced after those two dudes were axed from the show?

Brown Jenkin

First Post
Seriously!

And how did he go from having "I control you" powers in the flashback to "I steal your powers" in the present day? Is there a reason he's not using his "I control you powers" like crazy?

He's obviously been hanging out with Mohinder too long. :)

Brown Jenkin said:
9:11: The worst part of the show. Mohinder must die. This must be where Arthur gets the super stupidity rubbed off on him allowing him to be defeated in a few episodes.

Edit: Added self quote

Last edited:

Darth Shoju

First Post
But what the duck is Pa Petrelli doing?

Seriously, what the hell is his plan?

Seriously!

I have no idea. At this point his plan is so vague it is approaching Underwear Gnomes quality. From what I gather, he wants to give half the world (!) super powers, and make Nathan their president. Somehow. I'm not sure why he doesn't think that giving 3 billion people super powers might backfire in some way. I'm also not sure what he is trying to accomplish by putting Sylar and Elle (?) together, other than an awkward and unpleasant romantic plotline.

Ah well. How long til episodes come out that were produced after those two dudes were axed from the show?

Soon, I hope. Though I wouldn't want to be the poor sap that has to clean up this mess.

Darth Shoju

First Post
9:57: Who is writing that comic? I honestly forgot. I thought it had been Isaac.

It was Isaac. So either he is writing from the grave, or he did a whole bunch of issues before he died. In which case it would be a pretty important find, one that Ando should have made a bigger deal out of. If I found a comic that accurately predicted the future, I think I would be shelling out for all the back issues I could find.

Or, he could just forget about it by next episode. Which I'm guessing they will have him do.

:-S

Remove ads