Heroes #4--I Am Become Death/Oct 2008

Pseudonym

Ivan Alias
  • how does Future Claire go to Costa Verde, threaten - and actually kill her 3.5 yr old cousin, have Future Gabriel go nuclear over that - and then rationally - or even irrationally - blame Present Peter for that result?

My question is how did they get to Costa Verde so quickly? Granted the location of Parkman's apartment was not mentioned, but I assume it is the one he formerly shared with Mohinder in New York. Molly tells them Peter is in Costa Verde, and minutes later the three arrive in Sylar's house. Did Daphne carry Knox and Clair?

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
I enjoyed the Gabriel bits a bit this time around so that surprises me.

The rest?

"He's going to meet Sylar! Let's not take the Haitian! After all, what's the worst that could happen?"

Good stuff with Gabriel. Can the Haitian not suppress powers?

Mark

[/LIST]

My question is how did they get to Costa Verde so quickly? Granted the location of Parkman's apartment was not mentioned, but I assume it is the one he formerly shared with Mohinder in New York. Molly tells them Peter is in Costa Verde, and minutes later the three arrive in Sylar's house. Did Daphne carry Knox and Clair?

She apparently steals decent quantities of gold bars, too.

Mark

Do we ever see Future Peter actually use Claire's power? Future Peter's defining physical characteristic is that scar, which would have healed if he was regenerating.

Did the scar come after he acquired the power or before?

John Crichton

First Post
Watching characters that never learn (or, more accurately, repeatedly learn the same lesson) is just pointless. If character advancement is reversed at will as a plot crutch, then the advancement has no meaning. Why care if Sylar learns compassion if he will simply regress and relearn it again 3 times this season and over and over again next season?
How is this any different from a normal (read: not great) comic book? Especially one that basically needed a reboot.

I think the expectations for this show are too high. Because it's genre and has done well in the past it has attracted a ton of attention. Some deserved, some not.

This is not a great show. It's pretty good and the first of its kind (comic book TV series on network TV). Sometimes weak (see: first half of S1 & S2), sometimes great (Company Man). The characters are greatly flawed and the writing is sometimes suspect. Add in time travel (uh oh) and you have a recipe for exactly what we are getting.

My roundabout point is that the show is still getting everyone in this thread to tune in every week. It's doing more than 95% of people give it credit for.

Brown Jenkin

First Post
After this episode pulled out more characters from retirement (Molly) I am really feeling the need for a giant culling of the herd. The only way this show will survive with this giant cast is if everyone is already making scale or if the actors get pounded in the upcoming strike.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
After this episode pulled out more characters from retirement (Molly) I am really feeling the need for a giant culling of the herd. The only way this show will survive with this giant cast is if everyone is already making scale or if the actors get pounded in the upcoming strike.

Is that a hint I should start up another Heroes Death Pool?

Staffan

Legend
Do we ever see Future Peter actually use Claire's power? Future Peter's defining physical characteristic is that scar, which would have healed if he was regenerating. I'm thinking Future Peter doesn't have Claire's power anymore. Hence, bullets to the chest have their desired effect.

Come to think of it, he might not have ever had it. It appears to me that Future!Peter might not be from the future we see in this episode. He previously mentioned that he tries changing the past, but that the future always turns out bad anyway.

A major plot point in season 1 is "Save the Cheerleader, Save the World." If Future!Peter originally comes from a world where Claire wasn't saved, he might not have met her back in Texas to absorb her power, and might not have met her long enough to absorb it afterward.

I think Molly was just guest-starring, sort of like Micah in last episode. A big cast of guest stars is OK with me.

Remove ads