Heroes #5: Angels And Monsters/Oct 2008

Kaledor

First Post
The stuff with Mr. Petrelli building an army, and using Maury to do his dirty work (yay with answers about Linderman!) was also ominous to see...excellent stuff. The fact that Mr. Petrelli is stuck in a hospital bed, but still able to pull the strings, is a bit cliche, but really does make him seem that much more imposing.

Do we know/Does anyone remember Pa Patrelli's power(s)?
It certainly seems like it might be something to fear, unless it's his position in his company that gives him power over the mindbender.

Do we know/Does anyone remember Pa Patrelli's power(s)?
It certainly seems like it might be something to fear, unless it's his position in his company that gives him power over the mindbender.
I don't think he had any, there's an online comic about 2 soldiers in Vietnam one with the power to heal and one who was apparently a normal human. They turn out to be Linderman and Petrelli at the end.

Kaledor

First Post
I don't think he had any, there's an online comic about 2 soldiers in Vietnam one with the power to heal and one who was apparently a normal human. They turn out to be Linderman and Petrelli at the end.

But didn't Ma P. say in this episode that she and her husband had hoped that Nathan would be born with gifts since he would be gaining the genes from both parents... ??:erm: (maybe I'm remembering her quote wrong...)

LightPhoenix

First Post
But didn't Ma P. say in this episode that she and her husband had hoped that Nathan would be born with gifts since he would be gaining the genes from both parents... ??:erm: (maybe I'm remembering her quote wrong...)

Not only that, but the way she phrases it strongly suggests that Angela and Arthur are not the first generation of Petrellis to have powers.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Do we even know if Pa P. is even Nathan's father?

DonTadow

First Post
Is everyone from the wire doing scifi these days.

Hey, all of you are saying that black hole bubbles died. He makes vortexes. We don't know where those vortexes go, but I bet my bottom dollar that bubbles does and he'll be back.

The pacing was well done this episode. Does heroes have the same director every episode or is there a rotation.

I found it hillarious to see Sylar disappointed in HRG. He could have easily ripped him open, but he didn't.

And everytime i think i got ma peterrli figured out, they introduce another layer to her character. I thought she was a monster to give sylar that empath chick, only now that i know why it makes since if you're trying to rehabilitate sylar. Make him feel the emotions of people and wouldbe victims. It appears the hunger takes those away.

Felon

First Post
And everytime i think i got ma peterrli figured out, they introduce another layer to her character. I thought she was a monster to give sylar that empath chick, only now that i know why it makes since if you're trying to rehabilitate sylar. Make him feel the emotions of people and wouldbe victims. It appears the hunger takes those away.

Should come as little surprise. I called this one back on the episode 3 thread:
I believe the point of Mommy Patrelli feeding the woman with the psychometry powers to Sylar was to give him a power that would infuse him with empathy. He now experiences other people's feelings and memories through contact. Didn't seem to take completely though...

Anyhoo....
Not only that, but the way she phrases it strongly suggests that Angela and Arthur are not the first generation of Petrellis to have powers.
Well, since a synthesized method of granting powers has been demonstrated, Patrellie may have acquired some abilities later. Clearly, Maury the Nightmare Man fears him, despite his condition. Note that the's not one of the folks in the company photo.

As to Angela's remarks about Nathan's lineage, it may well be that it was simply Angela that had the gift, and that Nathan just took after pa. Then again, pa may not be the token normal in his family line.

Last edited:

Felon

First Post
Is everyone from the wire doing scifi these days.

Hey, all of you are saying that black hole bubbles died. He makes vortexes. We don't know where those vortexes go, but I bet my bottom dollar that bubbles does and he'll be back.
I considered this, but he clearly regarded his power as lethal, so if he's somewhere drinking mojitos on a beach, it's probably a big surprise to him.

Felon

First Post
I don't believe that Hiro really killed Ando. I think that's going to be like in Bill & Ted, where he'll use his time-traveling abilities to go back and make sure that was set up to just look like he killed him. However, this is almost certainly what makes future-Ando think that Hiro betrayed him.
I think it's more like Hiro bent space to prevent the blade from skewering organs, but your theory is also plausible.

So, nobody's going to object to killing someone by skewering them with a katana like that? Where are our self-professed weapon experts?

Hammerhead

Explorer
Well, Hiro and Ando have essentially infinite time to set up a complicated and convincing con.

If Hiro did stab Ando for real though, that seems a serious and unexplained character change.

Remove ads