Heroes#6: Dying of the Light/Oct2008

Elodan

Adventurer
Adam = Nikki/Paulo?

Good episode. Enjoying the Hiro/Daphne/Parkman/Sylar (huge fan of overcoming the inner darkness to be good stuff) stories.

Minor nitpicks:
- It feels like the writers just grabbed a bunch of comics and picked some powers (Daphne = Flash, Mohindar = Spidey, Pa P = Rogue). Some have been good some not so good.
- When she stole the formula, Daphne was still able to move because Hiro didn't really stop time but slowed it way down. Shouldn't she be aware of what Hiro was doing when he fakes killing Ando?

I'm wondering if Pa Petrelli only absorbs powers for a while (like Rogue). Either way I think Peter's ability to absorb powers is still there. Both his and Pa essentially have the same ability one has to touch and one doesn't. Can you absorb something you already have?

F5

Explorer
I am pretty certain that Pa Petrelli also absorbed Sylars power - the question is not whether this also got him the hunger, but if it actually changed him in any way! I mean, there is a possibility that his absorbing power also comes with "the Hunger". Though I don't think so, since he has to many people around himself he didn't absorb yet.

That's a very good point. They've established that is is possible for Sylar to suppress the Hunger part of his powers. Maybe Pa Petrelli's power worked the same way, and he's had years to learn how to control it? So, he gets The Hunger from Pete, says "Oh, this old thing?" and just moves on.

A thought about how Pete gets his groove back...we've already seen that mind-reading a mind-reader causes some kind of psychic feedback. I suspect that power-stealing from a power-stealer also results in some kind of feedback, that will eventually allow Pete to recover some, but not all of his previous ability.

Only now, powerless and normal once again, he has a character-building rediscovering of his essential humility. Of course, he emerges from the ordeal a stronger, more decisive and better person.

...or not.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
While I agree with your point, you're seriously putting D.L. up there on the list of deaths that mattered? I mean, I guess Nikki got killed because of D.L.'s heroism, but his death was far worse than Adam's, not just for the pointlessness of it but the stupidity of it as well.

I may be a little biased though; I think getting rid of D.L. was one of the biggest mistakes the show made after the first season.

I me DL's death was lame BUT it mattered since it influenced the actions of several characters (if only for one season) it also shown the Audience that Noah wasn't the only non-powered character in the series that would be able to kill a main character. But sadly, the murderer only existed for one episode.

Pseudonym

Ivan Alias
- When she stole the formula, Daphne was still able to move because Hiro didn't really stop time but slowed it way down. Shouldn't she be aware of what Hiro was doing when he fakes killing Ando?

I wondered that, but when they first met, HIro froze time while Daphne was actively using her powers, so she moved at normal speed in frozen time. When Hiro froze time at the bar, she wasn't using her powers then, so she was frozen along with everyone else.

Simplicity

Explorer
I actually liked this episode (other than the whole puppet master bit... that was just stupid, drawn out, and obvious).

One of the reasons I like it is that it potentially explains why Peter needed to get Sylar's power. Future Peter knew that his dad would steal his powers at some point. By having Sylar's power at the time, Peter slips a poison pill to his father (the Hunger).

At least I hope that's how it plays out. It shouldn't be too hard for Peter to get his powers back. He is, after all, in the company of the man with both halves of the formula for giving people powers.

Remove ads