Zachary Quinto (Gabriel Gray/Sylar)
Dania Ramirez (Maya Herrera)
Sendhil Ramamurthy (Mohinder Suresh)
Ali Larter (Tracy Strauss)
Adrian Pasdar (Nathan Petrelli)
Milo Ventimiglia (Peter Petrelli)
Hayden Panettiere (Claire Bennet)
Cristine Rose (Angela Petrelli)

Recurring Role:Alan Blumenfeld (Maury Parkman)
Ashley Crow (Sandra Bennet)
Jessalyn Gilsig (Meredith Gordon)
David H. Lawrence XVII (Eric Doyle)
Jamie Hector (Benjamin "Knox" Washington)
Brea Grant (Daphne Millbrook)
Blake Shields (Flint)

Villains Knox and Daphne are on a quest to recruit Hiro and others to the Pinehearst fold. Angela and the Company are paralyzed from recent events. Peter goes to Pinehearst searching for answers but is stunned to learn who the founder is. Claire and Sandra go on a mission to save Meredith from the clutches of Doyle, a villain with abilities to control people mentally and physically. Nathan and Tracy try to trace their origins with Mohinder's help.

Ed_Laprade

Adventurer
They nearly lost me with Adam's death. Not that I think its a bad idea, but why didn't he kill Pa Petrelli first? That was a rhetorical question, obviously the plot demanded it. But I don't buy it for a second.

Screw it. I'm not watching this show anymore. I'll check back in these threads to see if any good writing crops up, but as someone on CM pointed out, it's like when the GM keeps making stuff up each week until the plot turns to poo.

Ugh, such a stupid death for Adam. Such stupidity from so many of the characters.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
I thought this episode was kickASS! Finding out that Arthur Petrelli has power vampirism was cool, and though it sucked to see Adam killed off, I like how they used that to get rid of the character.

It was nice to see them resolve the bit with Hiro and Ando so fast, rather than dragging it out for several episodes, when we all knew how it was going to end. The bit with the African precog getting the drop on him twice like that made me laugh out loud.

The interplay between Sylar and Peter, which didn't do it for me at first, really seems to be getting better. I also liked how Peter charged in headfirst, ready to lay the Smackdown of a Thousand Powers on the bad guys, only to get completely owned by his dad.

Even Daphne's fading faith in Pinehearst, and her interplay with Parkman were well done, I thought. I'm really liking how the season is picking up!

My prediction for Arthur's evil plans:
He wants to give everyone in the world powers purely so that he can then take them - he's probably got some plan in the works so that he can mass-drain people - all so that he can become as unto God. Either he's insane enough to use all that power to destroy the planet, or the Earth will explode as an unforeseen consequence to what he's doing (perhaps he loses control and explodes).

F5

Explorer
At first, I thought the whole "drain your power and you crumble into dust" thing was how Pa Petrelli's power worked, and I was shocked the writers would have the stones to have Papa kill Peter off that way. Upon further reflection, that's just the natural reaction that a 1000-year-old man has when you take away the power that's sustained him for 1000 years. I don't like it...Adam shouldn;t have aged 1000 years upon losing his power, he should have just resumed aging at that point. But, whatever. Sad to see him go, he was one of the best characters on the show.

Matt and Daphne (and the turtle) were great. Hiro Vs the African Precog was also great. The Precog says to Hiro exactly what we've been saying to him all season..."start thinking!" Hopefully it takes.

The Peter/Sylar fight was good. My question is: did Papa Petrelli take ALL the powers Peter had amassed? Including Sylar's? Does Papa have The Hunger, now? I'll be disappointed if he doesn't...seems rather a cop out.

I think we'll see how Future Peter gets his scar, in the next few episodes...

Darth Shoju

First Post
I thought it was another decent episode, and maintained my renewed faith in the series. That being said, I was bummed by Adam's death. The man was a bad-ass ronin at one point, and he died cowering. Not cool.

I'm glad they didn't drag out the Hiro-Ando thing, since it was pretty obvious how they were going to handle it. Also, the interplay between a man who can see the future and someone who can travel through time had the potential for a really bad time/space continuum mess, but thankfully they mostly avoided that. The Claire vs Puppetmaster storyline was very well done. Good stuff.

I still hate what they've done to Sylar and Mohinder though.

High hopes for the rest of the season.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer

COME ON SERIOUSLY WTF!!!!!

Why bring back Adam if he was going to die in two episodes? Why not just have Hiro time drop him into a volcano? MOST USELESS DEATH EVAR! That's not even mentioning the Rogue (with Viral Strain 88) rip off that the Partrelli family has became. What's next? Grandpa Patrelli who has the power to spontaneously do anything and everything? No wait that's what Papa and Peter can do if written correctly.

Also, why does the writers have to be so cruel to they kid that plays Lyle? I mean seriously, they all but wrote him out of the series yet for some reason they like to rub it in by mentioning his non-existant character's name. At least they didn't pour salt into the wound by showing Mr. Muggles.

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Explorer
That was a much better episode than the previous ones of the series. Hiro vs. Precog-Man was quite funny.

But you know what I want to see? I want someone to use the Super Serum on Mr. Muggles. One of us, one of them...

Remove ads