Heroes #5: Angels And Monsters/Oct 2008

Arnwyn

First Post
If Hiro did stab Ando for real though, that seems a serious and unexplained character change.
They better be explaining that right quick. Almost ruined the episode for me.

But a better episode overall. More focus + character culling will go a long way.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
I think it's more like Hiro bent space to prevent the blade from skewering organs, but your theory is also plausible.

So, nobody's going to object to killing someone by skewering them with a katana like that? Where are our self-professed weapon experts?

Well, Hiro and Ando have essentially infinite time to set up a complicated and convincing con.

If Hiro did stab Ando for real though, that seems a serious and unexplained character change.

My Theory: Remember... Hiro's hand wave? That was an "edit" point.

Current Hiro kills Ando. In remorse Hiro goes back in time and tells Ando to wear a protective vest because the badguys are going to kill him. He tells Ando play along and to not tell himself (the "past" Hiro) about this. Current Hiro then waits for the hand wave and then freezes time and places fake blood (or real blood) on Ando. Current Hiro restarts time and past Hiro "kills" Ando who is surprised that it was Hiro that "killed" him and not the badguys. He looks down, sees blood and is confused. He then remembers the plan then falls down and plays dead.

Convinced that Hiro is a badguy Speedster and her partner leave. Past Hiro goes back into the past then returns as Current Hiro and Ando "wakes up." Ando then chastises Hiro for killing him which Hiro retorts by saying that Ando is still alive and that his plan fooled the badguys..

Last edited:

LightPhoenix

First Post
Convinced that Hiro is a badguy Speedster and her partner leave. Past Hiro goes back into the past then returns as Current Hiro and Ando "wakes up." Ando then chastises Hiro for killing him which Hiro retorts by saying that Ando is still alive and that his plan fooled the badguys..

One problem: Daphne can still move when Hiro stops time. I don't think it's a huge kink; I think given her reaction to stabbing Ando, she's probably in on it as well.

Daphne didn't want to kill Ando, and neither did Hiro. So between the 2 of them, one of them picked up a trick-sword and some fake-blood packs before stabbing Ando in the chest.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
I will miss Vortex.

Just be thankful that he Vortexed himself. That way it's possible that he could have entered an alternate reality after being shot out the other end of the wormhole he created with his power, thus enabling him to return (since all powers in the Heroes universe exists solely for the purpose of Sylar and Peter's obtainal).

Krug

Newshound
I thought there were still plotholes,
like why Hiro didn't just use his time-travel powers again to 'capture' Adam after getting stiffed. Any Hiro 'killing' Ando was such a big character change I thought even Daphne would have problems accepting it.
Claire's sudden desire to become a mutant hunter was also huh? Why?

I liked the Vortex guy plot, though he didn't really seem to mind opening that black hole back in the house and potentially killing everyone.

Otherwise, much better and focused than previous eps, with actual answers.

Last edited:

Remove ads