Heroes #4--I Am Become Death/Oct 2008

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Of course, my big beef with that scene was, once again, the lack of use of stopping time. Guess Pete still doesn't have it under control... :erm:

You forgot he could have also:
-Turned Invisible.
-Used The Haitian nullify powers (after all the haitain used it on him how many times no?)
-Phased to avoid attacks by Daphne
-Used Telepathy (to find out what caused the future)
-Electrocuted Clair to knock her out.
etc.

Honestly, if I were Peter I would have tried to master all my powers by now...

John Crichton

First Post
Fun stuff, overall.

Watching flawed people do flawed things with superpowers is entertaining. :)

I'm glad these folks aren't robots. Cuz they'd do everything by the book.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Too many discrepancies and stupid acts by the characters. Peter, has always been stupid but he has shining moments, like running and banging the Haitian over the head.

Claire, I kind of wish she could die, just not liking the character, move on.

Sylar is the only bright spot on the show last night. Who have like to see him cause fear in the guy he was fighting before going nuke. Kind of wonder who his wife is?

5/10

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
You forgot he could have also:
-Turned Invisible.
-Used The Haitian nullify powers (after all the haitain used it on him how many times no?)
-Used Telepathy (to find out what caused the future)
-Electrocuted Clair to knock her out.
etc.

Honestly, if I were Peter I would have tried to master all my powers by now...
He should indeed. I mentioned the time thing as, aside from invisibility, its the only power he's demonstrated any consistency/mastery with (and telepathy probably wouldn't have helped defuse that situation).

Interesting.....

Peter has always lacked a bit of confidence. That is his "crutch". This is what keeps him from becoming a god and taking over (without much effort) the world.

Powers seem to reflect one's personality. The more fragmented your confidence and organizational abilities the more troubled your powers (s) and control of are.

Many "normal" people can't balance a check book. Should we expect instant understanding and use of ones powers? Though there should be some improvement.... but how many months have really passed? Has it even been a year since episode one of season one as the eclipse occured?

He should indeed. I mentioned the time thing as, aside from invisibility, its the only power he's demonstrated any consistency/mastery with (and telepathy probably wouldn't have helped defuse that situation).

and Invisibility is the only power he has had any training with (Claude) beyond the sink or swim method. Course that is kinda how Claude taught him that I think of it....:hmm:

Vocenoctum

First Post
Fun stuff, overall.

Watching flawed people do flawed things with superpowers is entertaining. :)

Watching characters that never learn (or, more accurately, repeatedly learn the same lesson) is just pointless. If character advancement is reversed at will as a plot crutch, then the advancement has no meaning. Why care if Sylar learns compassion if he will simply regress and relearn it again 3 times this season and over and over again next season?

Heroes is like a D&D campaign with the same characters, but the DM keeps changing the characters levels to fit whatever adventure he finds in the bargain bin. One week you're 15th level, the next week you're 3rd and then you're 7th, then hey, lets do 1st again...

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
and Invisibility is the only power he has had any training with (Claude) beyond the sink or swim method. Course that is kinda how Claude taught him that I think of it....:hmm:
But now he has the ablity and the hunger to figure out how powers work, the question is, does he have to kill for it?

Arnwyn

First Post
Claire is one of the lamest "villains" I've ever had the misfortune to watch. Angsty, boring, and just silly. You suck, Claire! You're making the Ali Larter character (Nikki/Jessica/Tracey/please write me out already) seem more interesting. Yikes!

Nice to see a bit of personality to Sylar, even if he's (heck, most of the characters have) done a complete 180. That type of thing isn't really all that interesting, really, and yeah - bad writing.

At least the 'story' is starting to come together and click. Sadly, though, I think a major issue is that the story is a direct continuation from the horrible season 2. Whoops!

(Yay to seeing Adam, just 'cause I like him. And even Molly. But more characters? *sob*) Stupid hope.

Dog Moon

Adventurer

I thought it would have been if he had suddenly started using her powers in the middle of the fight, though I guess all you'd see would be two blurs running around the living room. Heh. Peter would probably use it and brain himself against the nearest wall unable to stop.

Remove ads