(IR) IR Interlude Turn 6 - Turn 7 (thread 3)

Tokiwong

First Post
Honoured Heads of State,

I, Erika Lydia Lesage, Leader of the Liberal-Democratic Party and Prime Minister of the United Commonwealth of Toril hereby call for the meeting of minds, opinions and points of view in regards to the "Forrester Conundrum" and the subsequent reparations that the Commonwealth is honour-bound to embark upon after the regrettable actions of our former Government and current President, Lord Forrester of the Humanoid Alliance.

Barring President Forrester's immediate resignation and submition to an inter-realm hearing, I have decided to lay the foundations for the possible impeachment of the President in the near-future. This process will be an affair of the United Commonwealth alone as an act of sovereignty over our own affairs.

While the process itself is not under debate, I must ask your people and their governments just what we should do in the event that Forrester is convicted of the crimes you accuse him of... I expect this process to be detailed, and each charge be laid individually by each affected state on Oerth. I will ask that the respective nations of Oerth give their opinions in this, the most important of Commonwealth Matters.

I will be attending the Ishtarland Woods Conference and hope to see all parties affected by our actions.

Thank you,

Erika Lydia Lesage
Prime Minister of the United Commonwealth of Toril

Iuz mused as he read the letter for the 15th time... "The United Commonwealth is determined to allow Forrester to resign with dignity..."

Talindra replied from her chair, her eyes glancing to Iuz with a smile, "What is so wrong with that?"

Iuz smiled back to her, "Because then he could leave a hero... and I assure you I wish to have the corruption lodged in soul exposed exactly for what it is..."

Talindra sighed, "Perhaps this is for the best... we have other concerns."

Iuz chuckled, "Aye we do... I must prepare a speech for the Peace Conference... and I must prepare for the fallout of the Athas Fiasco... and petition a new deity into the Pantheon..."

"The Hellmaster..." Talindra replied...

"Precisely... though his ascension will come after yours... you shall be Talindra, Mistress of the Arcane... perhaps a fitting gift for a trusted ally and for your wise counsel..."

Talindra gasped in shock... "What... me a Goddess..."

"Aye... I shall divest some of my power... to elevate your state..." Iuz replied... "Take my hand Talindra..."

Talindra stood and placed her hands in his... and felt the surge of divinity...

"Welcome to the Pantheon of Glowing Darkness" Iuz replied with a smile...

OOC: Going to infuse Talindra with enough divine essence to make her a demigod...

Tokiwong

First Post
kaboom said:
OOC: How did that happen?

OOC: During the battles when Iuz merged with the Red Goo he increased his divine power... and became an intermediate God of the Pantheon of Glowing Darkness... here it is from Edena as follows

Edena_of_Neith said:
THE PLANET WRECKERS

Forrester posted:

I confess, I'm confused at why nuking the Red Army is okay, but throwing molten core-of-sun at the Red Army is NOT okay.
It seems to me that the latter would do more damage, and leave less radiation.
Edena -- I think Anabstercorian might have the right idea here. So, I'll join him in the middle of the sun, with a good 6000PL of buffed-up Torillian troops, and help him with the Teleport Without Error action.
And I'll counterspell (using 10th level magic) any Wishes that others use to counter the Teleport Without Errors.
Bye-bye, Red Army.

- - -

Yes indeed.
That is the end of the Red Army.

There is no way the beleagued mages of Oerth can stop what Forrester is doing.

And every time he does it, an explosion of between ten and one hundred thousand megatons goes off.
Fireballs 50 miles in diameter bloom on the surface of Oerth with each hit.

The first hit destroys the Red Army fighting the Angels.
It also destroys many of the Angels.

The second hit destroys the Red Army fighting the devils.
It also destroys the devils.

The third hit destroys the Red Army fighting the combined forces of the Kevellond League and Kalanyr's host.
And it also ...

William, Kalanyr, my regrets.
The Kevellond Host passes into history.
The drow host passes into history, along with their elven allies.
The demigods fighting at your side, pass into history: Keogtom, Zagyg, Murlynd, and others.
Veluna passes into history.

Mina is not killed ... the One God gave her omniscience to a limited extent, and seeing what was coming she teleported away.

The next hit obliterates the Red Army attacking the Isle of the Phoenix.
It also obliterates the Isle of the Phoenix.

Dozens of other hits rain down on the planet of Oerth.
The explosions are so great they push down the continental crusts of the world.
Tens of thousands of volcanoes explode into fiery life, and tens of thousands more suddenly appear where no volcanoes were before.
The entire Azure Sea and Denzac Gulf heave up, the waters overflowing and spilling away, as the ocean floor heaves itself high enough to become dry land (it is still well below sea level, but vast amounts of lava spilling down from what was eastern Varnaith forms a dam between Varnaith and Hempmonland.)

Maudlin's map becomes irrelevant, as some lands sink, others rise, rivers change their course or cease to exist, mountain ranges rear up or crash down, and earthquakes shake apart the Flanaess.

After the fireballs have passed, vast storms of what look like electricity, filling the atmosphere clear up into the mesosphere, remain where the hits occurred.
These are immense radiation fields, which can never be quenched by any magic short of 11th level magic, and in which nothing can survive for more than a few seconds, regardless of how well protected they are.

The upper atmosphere of Oerth becomes one great cloud.
Beneath it, the sky is pitch black.

But it is not dark. Oh no.

The unholy storms of green and bluish electricity, the red glare of volcanoes, the occasional yellow and white flashes of explosions, and the silver aura of Oerthblood, welling up in thousands of places across the Flanaess, ensure there is light aplenty and to spare.

Kalanyr Ascends, and becomes a demipower.
He can send his Avatar back to fight, if he wishes.

Iuz Ascends to being an Intermediate God, the God of Destruction and War.
He can send an Avatar back to fight, if he wishes.

As for Hazen ... the Angels rescue him, just before the blast hits.
They take him to the Lortmil Technomancy, the last remaining center of command in the Alliance of Oerth (east of the Crystalmists, that is) that is still reasonably intact.

Oerth is bombarded more than 50 times before the Red Army is destroyed.

AnaKeris, Aquaria, Telchuria, and Polaris survive, but all the continents are hit with great earthquakes, massive tidal waves, and the eruption of thousands of volcanoes.

The upheavals and explosions continue, relentlessly, across the world of Oerth, long after the bombardment ceases.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Answers, rulings, and comments

Tokiwong

Originally posted by Kalanyr

A letter appears near the leader of each and every major power in the IR it reads, (this includes the United Commonwealth of Toril, Mina, Rajaat, The Dragon Kings,etc)

Lord/Lady (Name)

We wish to inform you that the Free People of Ishtarland and the Coalition of Light and Shadows will be holding a conference for all leaders at 2 days from now in the glade in the Forest of Ishtarland where the party was previously held. You are invited to either attend in person or send a representative to this conference.

Signed Siobhan Silirevnur
Glittering White Flame of Titania
Emissary of the Seelie.

Kalanyr
Champion of Freedom

OOC-This will be held during this interlude after all power claims are resolved so we know where everybody stands.

Iuz replies with a mischevious laugh... "The Pantheon of Glowing Darkness shalll be represented..."
Siobhan Silirevnur
Glittering White Flame of Titania
Emissary of the Seelie.

Kalanyr
Champion of Freedom,

In the spirit of peace, I shall attend the conference on behalf of my Empire and the Pantheon of Glowing Darkness. I have pepared a statement that I would lik to share, a message that perhaps we as Oerth can get behind and use as a anthem to further heal this dying world...
Thank you for the offer, Kalanyr Champion of Freedom...

-Iuz, Master of the Glowing darkness
Emperor of the Eternal Empire

ANSWER:

An answer comes from Rajaat to this offer of a peace conference.

Why do you not give to the Shade, the due of the Shade?
If you had done so at the beginning, this nonsense would never have occurred.
The Shade desire their rightful place amongst you, in Realmspace and Greyspace, along with a reasonable tithe of land.
You are foolish to refuse this request. The devastation of Oerth attests to that foolishness.
Will you continue to be foolish? And bring devastation to other worlds and other Spheres, while all the time the illithid build their Penumbra Hub?
I, Rajaat, will attend this peace conference, and I will keep my peace, but you shall hear my words, and hopefully for you those words will be heeded.

- - -

The Forsaken One

I am still hanging onto a claim for the unseelie or for the immortals of Mystara, even though I hae 11th already, just because they seem to fit me.

ANSWER: You may not claim any of the 11th level Powers, because you already have 11th level magic.

- - -

Tokiwong

OOC: Hey Forsaken One it might be good to step back from them until all of the powers have been resolved and then make your claim for what is left... especially if you already have 11th level magic... oh and Edena Sollir wanted to ally with Rajaat so if you could allow him to be his power then that would be great... that would solve one claim right there

ANSWER: I am forced to play Rajaat myself. For the alliance with Melkor must be absolute, in both letter and spirit.

- - -

kaboom

Edena, can powers with 11th level magic scry each other? (I would think not, as when people had only 9th they couldn't scry anyone)

ANSWER: The Secret Retreats are about to be revealed - in fact, I intend to reveal them in my very next Post, called the Kiss and Tell Post.
To answer you main question, they can try. There is a 1 in 3 chance of success, each day of the IR.
If they fail, they get no information, as usual.
If they succeed, they know everything that Power is going to do.
As a result, I will hand over any e-mails sent to me by the player of that Power to the player of the Power who successfully made the scrying attempt.
Attack/Defense routines, normally secret, will be revealed to the scryer.
However, this is a 1 in 3 chance only, and I make the roll.

You may scry any of the Powers YOURS TRULY is running (such as Rajaat), and if you succeed, then I am forced to reveal to you everything I am planning and doing.

I would like to caution you on scrying: ANY Power may intentionally reveal false information to a scrying Power.
Or selective true information, which is lying by omission.

If a Power declares to me that it is deliberately beaming out false information, any scrying attempt against it is automatically successful (although I will not tell you that your success was do to this fact, of course.)
There is, again, a 1 in 3 chance the scrying Power can realize that it is being duped. If it succeeds, then it may again make the 1 in 3 roll to actually perform a successful scrying.
If it fails, it is duped, gets no new scrying attempt, and thus the fate decreed is made.

(smiles)

Have a good time, folks, scrying each other, and trying to figure out the truth from the (deleted) that will inevitably hit the rumor mills.
It can be done, you know ...

I do not recommend you attempt to scry the Dark Powers of Ravenloft.
Many have tried.
Many have successfully done so.
Those that succeeded, generally went permanently insane, beyond all help, and no known magic has ever brought them back from total incoherency.
Those that succeeded, that did not go insane, changed in personality, becoming quiet and grave (think, forced alignment changes, forced personality changes, and more) and they never revealed what they saw.

- - -

Alyx

Edena;

Forsaking (the word, not related to the player - ah ha ha) my typically lengthy and involved post, I made a claim for the immortals of Mystara and left behind my claim for the Church of Mercy.

*edit* What was I thinking? The Immortals don't match me or my intentions at all. I relinquish any and all ideas of claming them . */edit*

If your list post is correct, then I'll once again chain my claim to the Church of Toril - slightly more familiar territory, I confess. Albeit still a challange.

Let me know if I have stepped into another conflict here

ANSWER: The Church of Toril? Ok, I will put you down as a claimant to the Church of Toril. Uvenelei is also claiming the Church of Toril, or was as of the last time I saw.

- - -

Sollir Furryfoot

This makes me wonder if O'skoteinos knows something about Valkys' unseelie that I don't...because he seems so eager to get them

Edit-Also I might consider taking Mina instead, but the Unseelie are more of Hellmaster's alignment, as several of you have stated...

ANSWER: Well, there is the minor fact that Valkys's PL went up a great deal, but then, so did Mina's.
You two need to talk about this, and soon. I need a resolution of this situation by the end of Monday - that is, in the next 24 hours.

- - -

Uvenelei

Back again.

Hmm, I though the Church of Toril wasn't conflicted anymore, but I guess it is again. I drop my claim for the Church of Toril and put in a claim for The Republic of Selune. If I can't have an intersphere trading empire, I'll settle for a hub of interstellar commerce.

ANSWER: Very well. Alyx has an uncontested claim to the Church of Toril.
Uvenelei has an uncontested claim to the Republic of Selune.

- - -

LordMelkor{Talos}

From Edena`s lists:
Allies on the world of Athas (Tyr, Nibenay, and the other citys of the Dragon-Kings, their Templars, their people, and any allies) PL 5,000

Well, I thought that Tyr is free city, but I assume I conquered it, and its population contributed to 10 000 Red Army pl I have from Athas.
And Edena, you stated that my PC jumped to 100 pl from merging with Red Goo, I assume that my NPC`s also increased from 2 to 10 each?

ANSWER: I am going to restrict all PCs from going above 100 PL. And all NPCs from going above 20 (this is the current case with Uvenelei.)
This is the part of the Lists I have not completed ... the rest is finished in rough form.

- - -

LordMelkor{Talos}

Shadowlord Baelros, Demon Lord Of Shadow, was looking upon the City Of Tyr, that was no more. Its inhabitants stared in terror, as Red Legions marched against them, in deadly silence, with looks of eternal hatred and torment at their faces. People of Tyr fought desperately, spells of doom and mighty psionic blasts against Red Goo Cannons, Bolts Of Shade, and assault of Shadow Dragons. One of Shadowlords, Lichlord Rhamagaum, was slain in magical duel against strange half-elven woman, whose power seemed to originate from Sun itself, fortunately his soul safely returned to phylactery. But she was defeated by Shadowlord Azorgax, mighty Shadow Dragon who served as a mount of Lord Melkor himself, and City fell to the furious ounslaught. Its inhabitants joined The Red Army, and were now standing before Shadowlords, glowing with sinister, reddish Aura, in complete, unnatural silence, even children, no longer laughing, playing, full of joy, but full of hatred and suffering. Baelros noticed Lord Rivalen coming towards him.

-I have news from Lord Melkor, it seems that transformation of Lunar spirits into Red Warriors is almost finished, soon he will come to Athas, leading forces equal to those that arose when Blood Waste was awakened, our enemies will have a nasty surprise!

Than they both laughed, as Baelros lifted his Black Axe and Flaming Whip, while new recruits kneeled before him, ready to spread oblivion at the command of Shadowking.

ANSWER: (chuckles) You do indeed. Nice rping - that happened, by the way, prior to this Interlude.
You do indeed have new friends. And you have new enemies.
Read my rules on Attack/Defense Duels. You are going to be using them!

- - -

LordMelkor{Talos}

Melkor To Hellmaster:

-I like you, you were loyal to me in the past, you shall be rewarded. Soon, with the help of Red Legions, Pantheon Of Glowing Darkness shall rule entire multiverse, and your position in it will be second only to Iuz`s and mine! We WILL have worlds, Hellmaster, ALL of them, their inhabitants will be our slaves, our toys! Stay with us, and you won`t regret this!

ANSWER: Heh. Up to you, Sollir!

- - -

Anabstercorian

I claim Mina, and the Knights of Neraka. Together we will usher in a new era, an era of Control.

If anyone else has previously claimed these powers, or if I have 11th level magic of my own and your previous statement was in error, I make no claims.

ANSWER: Mina and the Knights of Neraka have not been claimed. You have them now, Anabstercorian.

- - -

William Ronald

The Forsaken One is right in that we need to resolve conflicting claims.
There is also something I would like to see everyone do. Try to read up about your faction, and portray some of its members. Anabstercorian, get one or both of the War of Souls books to portray Mina's style of speech and manner. Kaboom, maybe get something with some speeches by some of the Chosen of Mystra.
Or you can possibly check out Bugbear's collection of the previous IRs. The Second IR has a lot of in character speeches. You can find the previous IR threads at http://bugbearslair.homestead.com/GIRA1.html
It will also give you an idea how serious things can get in an IR.

ANSWER: Dragons of a Fallen Sun is in paperback, and available at any bookstore. A good read, although it is dark. Dragons of a Lost Star is very good, but very dark - it is still in hardcover.
As for the Chosen of Mystra, there are 2nd edition supplements aplenty and to spare about them - many are free downloads off of the WOTC site. I recommend, especially, FOR7 The Seven Sisters and The Magister.

Hazen sends a note to Siobhan Silirevnur and Kalanyr.

"I will be honored to attend your conference. I pray that it will be fruitful and help lead to a better future for Oerth."
"The work to build a better world will not be easy. However, Oerth is well worth saving.
Perhaps all of us can reveal our visions for the future of Oerth, and be truthful to one another."
"I will ask two of the Angels to accompany to the conference. The Emperor of Suhfang has asked me to announce that he will likely attend."

Archcleric Hazen.

ANSWER: The Angels refuse to attend, stating that it is not their right to tell anyone what to do or what to think. They feel their presence would be highly detrimental to the proceedings in every way.

A second message arrives, bearing the seal of the Emperor of Suhfang.

"Lord Kalanyr and Lady Siobhan,

Your commitment to peace and your courage warms my heart in these dark times. I will attend your conference, as will a delegation from Suhfang. Perhaps we can make a better world for us all. History will judge us for our actions. I pray that they shall judge that we were wise and brave."

Emperor Cho Je Paser of Suhfang.

Hazen, the Kevellond League, and the Angels will continue to help the peoples of Telchuria and the Thrillonian peninsula. (Zelda's faction.) We will send help where it is needed on Oerth. So Aquaria and the AnaKeri nations receive help as well.

ANSWER: Noted. They need help. And the Angels can help immensely, as can some of your own people.
11th level magic, could, if you used all of Turn 7 to do it, turn Oerth back into the blue-green world that it once was, most of it's flora and fauna restored.
However, if you do that, you will not be able to launch an Attack of greater than Category 3 or mount a Defense of greater than Category 3, for any part of Turn 7.
This inability to mount strong Attacks and Defenses could spell the doom of your Power, in mid-Turn.

- - -

Reprisal said:

I, Erika Lydia Lesage, Leader of the Liberal-Democratic Party and Prime Minister of the United Commonwealth of Toril hereby call for the meeting of minds, opinions and points of view in regards to the "Forrester Conundrum" and the subsequent reparations that the Commonwealth is honour-bound to embark upon after the regrettable actions of our former Government and current President, Lord Forrester of the Humanoid Alliance.
Barring President Forrester's immediate resignation and submition to an inter-realm hearing, I have decided to lay the foundations for the possible impeachment of the President in the near-future. This process will be an affair of the United Commonwealth alone as an act of sovereignty over our own affairs.
While the process itself is not under debate, I must ask your people and their governments just what we should do in the event that Forrester is convicted of the crimes you accuse him of... I expect this process to be detailed, and each charge be laid individually by each affected state on Oerth. I will ask that the respective nations of Oerth give their opinions in this, the most important of Commonwealth Matters.
I will be attending the Ishtarland Woods Conference and hope to see all parties affected by our actions.
Thank you,
Erika Lydia Lesage
Prime Minister of the United Commonwealth of Toril

ANSWER: Ok, please pay attention here, people. You know my honor and integrity as a DM.
Now, Forrester denounced the IR as silly and left us, and this was unpleasant for me.
But it is my job to be impartial and neutral, and to represent the various factions as well as I may.
I know everything Forrester did IC, and I believe I know why, and also I know the mentality of the people of the United Commonwealth, especially of the humanoids.
I am required to do my job. And in this case, that means protecting Forrester.

The Speaker of the Humanoid Alliance, one of the largest states in the United Commonwealth of Toril, steps up before the podium of the World Forum, and speaks:

This is an outrage, an atrocity, and it shows an utter ineptitude and lack of vision on the part of the leadership of this Commonwealth.
It was Erika, as Prime Minister, who founded the Lortmil Technomancy project.
It was Erika, as Prime Minster, who involved us in the affairs of Greyspace.
Did the Humanoid State not agree to this, under the condition that the standards of our Greyspace brethren were to be raised?
Were we not guaranteed that they would be rewarded, ultimately, with the abilities and the privileges bestowed upon us?
And did we not pledge, in good faith, to sacrifice the lives of our people, to accomplish this?

It was Erika, as Prime Minister, who appointed Forrester as head of operations, when the Lortmil Project was threatened by the activities of the warring nations of Oerth.
It was her decision.
And I say ... it was a GOOD decision, and because it was made, Toril and this Forum still stand today, and our people are yet free and unharmed.

However, little enough credit goes to our esteemed Prime Minister ... yes, she made a good choice, and then she busied herself in other affairs!

It was upon Forrester that the burden was laid to protect the interests of Realmspace.
We watched as he cleverly set the savage nations of Oerth on each other, playing them against one another.
We watched as he successfully protected the Lortmil Project, and our own people in the Pomarj, in so doing.
We watched as Forrester's efforts saw the Shade driven from their occupation of Oerth, most of them obliterated, with the loss of few of our own people.
We watched as Forrester skillfully aided in the overthrow of the menace of Vecna, who was a threat even to Realmspace.
We watched as Forrester, our able commander and leader, kept the savage Union of Oerth at bay, kept it from conquering and enslaving our people, and still he protected the Lortmil Project.
When the Oerthians brought upon themselves the Red Curse, we observed Forrester's careful and cautious handling of this substance, and his disposal of it when the truth about it was revealed.
We observed Forrester's efforts to aid the Oerthians in ridding themselves of their Blood Waste, and how his appeals fell on deaf ears.

The Speaker pauses, and glares out over the World Assembly, then speaks, in a rather angry tone:

When the Red Army was created by the actions of the Church of Shade - which, I remind you, Forrester has ACTIVELY hunted down and supressed in this Crystal Sphere, our Realmspace - it was known then that this was due to the Oerthians themselves, and not due to Forrester.
Forrester received a direct plea for assistance from people who were being destroyed.
Had it not been for Forrester, the entire world of Oerth would have been destroyed by the Red Army!

Now, these savages have the audacity to whine that they lost people ... they WHINE that the Bombardment cost them a few lives.
Just what do they know about loss of lives? WE on Toril know the true meaning of loss, and the true meaning of sacrifice.
It is about time the Oerthians learned the price of their own actions, and the price of their own foolishness and pride.
It was time they learned that there is a price to war, that war is not a game, and that in war people die.

Thanks to the efforts of Lord Forrester, none of our own people were killed.
None of our people were subjected to the horrible Red Curse that the Oerthians brought upon themselves by their refusal to cooperate against the Shade.
Thanks to the efforts of Lord Forrester, there are still Oerthians, PERIOD, to come here and whine and complain about their lot.

Their losses are nothing - with 11th level magic, they could restore their world quickly, and bring to it the dignity, peace, and grace that Realmspace earned through endless blood, tears, and hardship.
With 11th level magic, they could bring back to life all who were killed.

Now, our Prime Minister, Erika, has seen fit to begin an inquiry that may lead to impeachment procedures against Lord Forrester.
This is an unacceptable outrage.
However, our Prime Minister has decided something far worse: Erika has accepted that WE, the United Commonwealth of Toril, are responsible for the suffering and loss of the people of Oerth, and that WE owe them apologies, and that WE pay MASSIVE reparations for the alleged crimes in question.

Now the Speaker is very angry. This goes beyond politics - he is genuinely angry:

The Prime Minister is not content with that, however.
Even as the Red Curse comes upon our Crystal Sphere - even as the greatest crisis Realmspace has EVER known is upon us - she will have nothing other than to allow these savages, these ... barbarians ... of Oerth to bring CHARGES against Lord Forrester, as if he were a common criminal!
Lord Forrester will be brought before ... I actually believe the Prime Minister stated this ... OERTHIAN Courts of Justice, dragged there like a dog, to face charges brought against him by knaves and savages.

I will not have it, and the Humanoid State will not tolerate this atrocity against Forrester.
Under the Charter of the United Commonwealth of Toril, as set down before the World Forum in the year (40 years ago), it was allowed that each State of the UC had the right to declare independence, if it so choose, and if appropriate referendums and votes were taken.

I call for the Delegates of the Humanoid State to draw up our Referendum, to be submitted to all of our people for a vote, and if this vote is yay, then I will call for Articles of Separation to be drawn up, under UC law.
Then, we will formally withdraw from the United Commonwealth of Toril, if a majority of our people have voted for such, and we will become an independent country.
With the able leadership of Lord Forrester, and not the inept and incompetent leadership of our current Prime Minister, who would make a patsy out of our most brilliant general!

After the Speaker of the Humanoid State is finished, the World Forum breaks into an uproar, which continues for over 10 minutes despite all efforts to quell it.
Most of the Delegates of the Humanoid State stand by their Speaker.
The Delegates of the Scro Star League watch on intently, wondering how they can benefit from this crack in the UC.
The Delegates of the Eternal Empire smile, seeing their mighty counterpart weakened.
The Delegates of the Church of Toril angrilly rebut the Speaker's statements, which starts a verbal fight amongst the very seats in the Forum.
The Delegates of the Church of Mercy vainly attempt to calm people down.
Even the NeoIllithid Delegates have to raise their Mindshields, because of all the noise and ruckus.

Iuz mused as he read the letter for the 15th time... "The United Commonwealth is determined to allow Forrester to resign with dignity..."
Talindra replied from her chair, her eyes glancing to Iuz with a smile, "What is so wrong with that?"
Iuz smiled back to her, "Because then he could leave a hero... and I assure you I wish to have the corruption lodged in soul exposed exactly for what it is..."
Talindra sighed, "Perhaps this is for the best... we have other concerns."
Iuz chuckled, "Aye we do... I must prepare a speech for the Peace Conference... and I must prepare for the fallout of the Athas Fiasco... and petition a new deity into the Pantheon..."
"The Hellmaster..." Talindra replied...
"Precisely... though his ascension will come after yours... you shall be Talindra, Mistress of the Arcane... perhaps a fitting gift for a trusted ally and for your wise counsel..."
Talindra gasped in shock... "What... me a Goddess..."
"Aye... I shall divest some of my power... to elevate your state..." Iuz replied... "Take my hand Talindra..."
Talindra stood and placed her hands in his... and felt the surge of divinity...
"Welcome to the Pantheon of Glowing Darkness" Iuz replied with a smile...

OOC: Going to infuse Talindra with enough divine essence to make her a demigod...

RULING: It isn't that easy! She has the potential, yes, but for it to be realized she must go out and commit great acts of good and evil, the acts of a great adventurer, hero, or villain.

Last edited:

Tokiwong

First Post
RULING: It isn't that easy! She has the potential, yes, but for it to be realized she must go out and commit great acts of good and evil, the acts of a great adventurer, hero, or villain.

OOC: Oki doki... well then she shall do great things soon enough... make her a proxy for now until I can find her something great to do

Remove ads