• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(IR) IR Interlude Turn 6 - Turn 7 (thread 3)

Anabstercorian

First Post
I wouldn't be too worried, Forsaken One. You have a couple of things going for you:

1: The most powerful PC player in the game. Vaeregoth's PL is roughly equvalent to that of Goku during the Cell Games - I.E., you can immediately destroy Oerth should you so choose, merely by smashing your fist in to the earth and shattering the core in to a powder, or reaching our with your all-grasping touch and wrenching the world in half.

2: The Geestesstorm. You are the Dreamlord, and you can change the rules. Don't write off that ability so lightly! You can level the playing field, or tilt it towards yourself, with this ability.

3: Me as an ally. Everyone knows who I am, and why this is a good thing for you. :D

Creamsteak

Explorer
Lists Post:

Me and Sollir have our secret retreats reversed (mine and his are switched for some reason). There was a misinterpretation in my template that is pretty pointless now that the Church of Mercy is allied with me. My Player Character is now level 45/45 (or if you recieved an email I sent you earlier he might be level 45/45/10 the last class being Elven Defender). Last, I sent you an email that you never got to reply to about switching my planars. I will send it again if you never recieved it.

And Earlier in thread two (page 11 or 12 I believe) I posted that I am attempting to contact Corellon Lariathon.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
SPECIAL RULING - A SLIGHT ALTERATION OF HISTORY FOR REPRISAL'S SAKE

I have decided that it is unfair to Reprisal to make his character, Erika Lesage, responsible for any of the actions of the United Commonwealth of Toril, from Turn 0 through Turn 6.
Why?
Because Reprisal was not playing in the IR.

The player had nothing to do with anything that has occurred, and can neither take credit for any of the good things that the UC did, nor take the blame for any of the dark things the UC did.
And neither can the player's character.

HOWEVER ...

With the return of Reprisal, his character, Erika Lesage, is now Prime Minister once more.
Reprisal is once more the player of the United Commonwealth, and the responsibility for cleaning up the mess it has made, falls on him.

Here is a slightly altered history of events concerning Erika Lesage, to reflect the Rulings above:

40 years ago:

Erika Lesage began the Lortmil Project, with the ultimate goal of peacefully causing Oerth to change, so that it would eventually transition into an enlightened democracy and physical paradise akin to what Toril had become.
Her political ally, Forrester, supported the Lortmil Project, knowing it would ultimately aid the humanoids of Oerth and Greyspace, giving them the benefits the humanoids of Toril had received.

The start of the 3rd IR:

Erika Lesage and Forrester, both alarmed by the escalating tensions on Oerth, and fearing for the Lortmil Project, decide that the intervention of the UC in Oerthian affairs is necessary.
This decision is made in altruism by both Erika Lesage and Forrester - it is a move to help the good Powers of Oerth.

Early. Turn 0:

A terrible illness strikes Erika Lesage. This illness is thrown at her by the Church of Shade, and 11th level healing spells will only keep it from killing her, not cure it.
In an attempt to save Erika, and stop the physical pain of the illness, she is placed in stasis.
It is decided she will remain in stasis, until a cure is found.

Mid Turn 0:

Erika Lesage's political party appoints a new Prime Minister.
Since the Constitution of the UC appoints domestic responsibilities to the Prime Minister, and foreign policy is heavily dictated by the President, all look for a competent person to take the important job of President.
The new Prime Minister appoints Forrester, Erika's longtime friend and ally, as President, and across the United Commonwealth this is met with overwhelming approval.

Turn 1:

The war on Oerth threatens the Lortmil Project, the humanoids of Oerth, and ultimately threatens Realmspace.
The people of Realmspace watch with approval as President Forrester takes charge of the dangerous situation.

Turn 2:

The war on Oerth intensifies.
Vecna is a major threat.
Forrester stands against Vecna, while those in Realmspace keeping up on the news watch with approval.

Turn 3:

Vecna and the Shade are thrown down.
The news reaches Toril.
Forrester is acclaimed as a great general once more, celebrations are thrown in honor of his deeds 40 years ago, and many think the crisis on Oerth is now passed.

Turn 4:

The situation on Oerth does not improve - and no cure has yet been found for Erika Lesage.

Then the Eternal Empire sends it's forces to Oerth.
This produces a crisis on Oerth that ends with 5 million of the Eternal Empire's soldiers dead.
Anabstercorian is found responsible for the disaster.
The military in the Eternal Empire revolts against the government, overthrows it, and executes all the government officials for High Treason.
The United Commonwealth goes on military alert because of this.

The situation on Oerth, which was of only passing interest to most Torilians, suddenly becomes important - people on Toril start paying a lot of attention to events there.

Turn 5:

Still no cure for Erika Lesage.
News that the Shade survived the attack on Turn 3 is met with consternation on Toril.
The fact Anabstercorian remains at large is more consternating.
People in the UC want a resolution of the situation on Oerth, and many do not look kindly upon the people of Oerth.

Turn 6:

The Red Army arises on Oerth.
The Angels who were protecting Realmspace abandon their posts to fight it.
The Prime Minister declares a State of Emergency, and meets with the heads of all Realmspace Powers, who in a unified statement decree that Realmspace must be protected at all costs.
Forrester is watched intently, the public knowing most of the events going on in Greyspace.
Some are horrified by those events, some are pleased with them, but most are simply saddened.
This is the general reaction to the Bombardment of Oerth ... some are angered, some are pleased, and most are simply saddened.

Just after the end of Turn 6.

A cure is found for Erika Lesage.
Erika Lesage, being a woman of integrity and responsibility, returns at once, only to find a political quagmire awaiting her.
However, the advent of 11th level magic on Oerth is considered a major threat to Realmspace, and all are demanding the best possible leadership in these suddenly dangerous times.
Then, to everyone's shock and fright, Forrester suddenly disappears - there is no trace of where he went, or why, and no divinations can obtain any answer to the question - leaving the Realmspace army without a general, and the office of the Presidency vacant.

The Prime Minister and parliament meet, and decide to give Erika Lesage emergency powers - the powers of both Prime Minster and President, until the current threat to Realmspace is ended.

Then the Seers foresee a possible threat from WITHIN Realmspace ... it would appear the Eternal Empire may well attack.

Now, the parliament is all but demanding that Erika Lesage assume the full powers of both Prime Minister and President.

Into the Interlude:

Forrester's actions during Turns 1 through 6 in Greyspace come under question, and charges surface of wrong-doing.
This is met with ill-will by the humanoids of Realmspace, but they keep their peace, due to the dangerous situation threatening everyone.

Mid Interlude:

Erika Lesage is caught in a sudden political firestorm.
Major charges of war atrocities are now being publicly hurled at Forrester, and the Oerthians are crying out against him.
This is too much for the already angered humanoid diplomats to take - they posture and threaten to leave the UC if this defaming of Forrester continues.

Late Interlude (now):

Erika Lesage has the powers of both Prime Minister and President.
However, the investigation of Forrester, the cries for war crimes trials of Forrester, the general outrage against some of his policies, continues to grow.
The infuriated humanoids make good on their promise, and begin preparing for a Referendum of Succession from the UC. With 90% of the voters supporting succession now, a break-away of the largest state within the UC seems almost certain.
The humanoid leadership, believe they can handle the current situation without the UC's help - they have their own weapons and their own 11th level magic. Their leadership has decided they can go it alone.

This is the current political situation within the United Commonwealth of Toril.

This slightly revised history allows that Erika Lesage, Reprisal's character, was not involved in the IR in any way, and therefore cannot take credit or blame for anything that happened therein.

However, Erika Lesage must now deal with the results of what DID happen in the IR, and what is happening now, and what is going to happen.
It is a heavy burden, on the shoulders of this young lady.

Yet this is the daughter of Ian Payne, who created the Technomancy, and held it together through all of the first IR and the second IR, and ultimately forged the United Commonwealth of Toril out of it.
The mettle, wisdom, and vision, that Ian Payne had, has been passed down into his daughter, and the people of the United Commonwealth are hoping that she can, like her father, carry them through these troubled times.

Last edited:

Anabstercorian

First Post
Edena

Can I (meaning only Anabstercorian) enter Realmspace now that the angelic border guard is reduced, if I sincerely enter with no intentions of ill will?

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Answers, rulings, and comments on posts above

Melkor

Melkor to Rajaat:

So we have our deal! Athas is yours, and it shall return to the glory of Blue Age! And later, you will have a chance to take part in my conquests on Other Worlds! But I don`t think you want me to leave NOW, not when mighty force of Oerthians is coming against you! And leading them are: Anabstercorian, greatest of Ililthidi, Chosen Of Ilsenine, scheming bastard who always knows how to turn a situation to his advantage, and Vaeragoth, Queen Of The Hive, mightiest Psion I know of, she is wise, she hasn`t participated in Wars on Oerth, instead greatly bulding her forces, and now she is ready to strike upon Athas! No, these are NOT to be underestimated, but together we shall crush them, and The Sands of Athas shall be their grave! Than you will heal this world, no longer shall The Desserts dominate Athas, but the great seas, flourishing life, skies of blue and emerald, paradise under your rule! I know that there is no place for creatures other than halfings in your Athas, but, while mass genocide can certainly be fun, it will be a waste to simply kill them all, let me absorb them into my Red Armies, and we will be unstoppable!

ANSWER:

Rajaat speaks back, in his abrupt way:

There is no need to heap glowing words upon me; I know of what transpires upon Athas.
I know what transpires on Oerth.
I know what transpires on Krynn.
I know what transpires on Toril.
I know all of it, Lord Melkor.

Rajaat spits.

Vermin infest those worlds, Melkor.
Vermin, bringing disease and corruption across the Spheres, bringing oppression and hardship to the Founding Race.

The vermin will be cleansed from Athas, Melkor.
Then my Champions and your Shade will cleanse Oerth, Krynn, and the most infected place of all, Toril, will be sterilized.

Rajaat regards Melkor:

Your Shade shall depart from Athas.
Your Shade shall depart, now.
As per our agreement.
And I and my Champions, and my slaves, will come forth from Athas, to stand with you, to cleanse away the filth and vermin that have spread like scum on water over the other planets.

That was not a request for your forces to leave Athas, Melkor.
That was an order.

However, the declaration of aid to you, is sincere, in all it's awful promise.

Melkor, I would not recommend you refuse Rajaat's order.

- - -

William Ronald

I have e-mailed a few of you asking you to resolve your claims. Please do so.
Edena, I understand that the Angels do not wish to interfere with the peace conference.
I have also made Reprisal aware of your post, via e-mail.

ANSWER: Yes, and he has e-mailed me. I have made a slight alteration in the history, to be fair to Reprisal.
However, the Speaker of the Humanoid State still made that angry speech: the only difference is that, instead of naming Erika Lesage the Prime Minister, he is naming a nameless NPC Prime Minister.
Please consider that that speech was made, with the difference that Erika's name was not mentioned in it, folks.

Hazen turns to an Angel and nods his head respectfully.

"I understand. I thought your presence might have a calming effect."
"The Oerth Alliance is working on plans to restore the world. I swear that I will do my utmost to aid Oerth and the other worlds effected by the Red Waste."
"I must also apologize and ask your pardon for my part in recent events. I fear my grief lead me to anger. That anger may have jeopardized this world. I will seek to master my passions."
"I do not know if this peace conference will help Oerth. There are some I fear who do not want peace, but conquest. However, if there is a chance for a just and lasting peace, I must find out."
"Despite the devastation, Oerth is a beautiful world and well worth saving. I thank you again for your aid, and the sacrifice of your brethren."

ANSWER:

The Angel speaks:

Darkness clouds the hearts of many mortals on Oerth, Krynn, Toril, and Athas.
It is not within our power to change or dispel that darkness ... only you and they can do this.
If they cannot overcome the darkness, the darkness will overcome them.

The Angel looks at Hazen intently, and speaks:

Lord Melkor seeks for the Dark Powers of that place you call the Demiplane of Dread.
Soon, he will find them.
They are not hard to find, if you know where to look.
Archcleric Hazen, would you know where the Dark Powers are?
If you would, then know that we can show you the answer.

The Angel looks at Hazen, it's face intent and sad:

Hazen, you will not like that answer.
You may not survive that answer.

Hazen sends a message to Prime Minister Erika Lesage.

ANSWER: Prime Minister, and President, Erika Lesage.

I wish to have the citizens of the United Commonwealth of Toril, and your world learn all that have transpired here. I am not only inviting a fact finding delegation from the World Congress of Toril. I shall invite reporters and readers from the leading publications of Toril.
In the end, they must decide what responsibility Toril has in the recent events of Oerth. The truth shall always reveal itself.

(Is this invitation to the press accepted?)

ANSWER: The Torilian press has been monitoring the situation from the Torilian army encampments in Greyspace, and using magic on Toril to do extensive fact-finding.
However, yes - they will accept your invitation.
In fact, the Torilian press wishes to interview all the leadership of the various Powers, including Rajaat, Melkor, Iuz, and if they dared even the Red Army.

You should expect this, folks. This is the press we are talking about!

Hazen, do not expect them to necessarily accurately report anything you say, to the Torilian public. That goes for the rest of you, also. :)

- - -

The Forsaken One

Hihihi

And you thought I didn't know ?
I got my intell going Edena
I also talk and negotiate and make damn sure where I stand in things

ANSWER: You didn't know initially, I am betting - unless someone told you when I asked secrets to be kept.

- - -

The Forsaken One

Demmit.

I have just been going over the lists and came to the conclusion that all my work was FRIGGING IN VAIN, since I wish I didn't get 11th and could have claimed some of the in the tens of thousands reaching faction with free 1th.
Hmm know how Kalanyr always felt now, carefull plotting and planning and sceaming and now seeing everyone who was almost dead being able to kick your ass within like.. 2 seconds.

**sigh**

That was a bummer to see all those massive free PLs coming up...
Hmmm since I promised to stay around till turn 11th I'll just have to find some insane way to keep in this game since I just don't seem to get the massive amounts of free PL I'll just have to find some legal way to get them.
Evil DM you won't beat me that easily with some massive PL donations to other players, HAH!
Really I think this is bit rediculous, I think it's good strat to grow strong and now this stuff happens.... but well... guess the DM knows what he's doing so I'll just wait and see what's comming since I don't believe he'd put certain people behind and certain people on front with some insane donation with the reason to give them a easy victory....
So we'll see what's gonna happen but this most certainly changed my plans. I thought I was big.. one of the smallest now
Me starts sceaming and plotting to find a way to blast a force tens of times bigger then him while knowing there is some loophole somewhere that the DM put there because with this basterd DM nothing is ever what it seems

ANSWER:

You feel helpless, defeated, and seek a loophole, a way out of your predicament that you perceive yourself to be in.

Very well. There is a way out.

You say you wish to know how to defeat a PL force ten times greater than your own.
Well, I will tell you how to defeat a PL force ten thousand times your own.

Go to the Attack/Defend Dueling post, which is on page one of this thread, and read it.
Read it, and learn it.
Learn it.

With 11th level magic employed properly, your Power can defeat and destroy any Power in the IR.

Learn the Dueling rules, use the Dueling rules, and fight your way to victory, Forsaken One.

- - -

Black Omega

Melkor wrote:

Nice to hear from you, Lady Fay! I assure you that Forrester`s former concubine doesn`t want to leave me, she has found new purpose of life in serving me, it seems that satisfying all my needs brings her fullfilment, how can I deny poor girl her happiness? Anyway I think I can release her, you can always brainwash her with mind-affecting magic, I will do it, if you come for her, personally, I once again want to see The Silver Fire in your eyes.

Melkor The Great, Lord Of Darkness, The Shadowking, Dark One, Devouver Of Souls, Bane Of The Light, Black Flame Of Hatred, Lord Of All, etc.

Dear Melkor,

Thank you for your note. I'm sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, but you know how involved preparations for a peace conference are. So much to do, so much to plan. I look forward to seeing you at the peace conference. Conviniently, that is an excellent time to meet and settle things over your concubine. I trust you are otherwise in good spirits?

ANSWER: The DM watches this IC drama rather somberly.

- - -

zouron

Letter for Kalanyr:

The Eternal Union will be delighted in attenting the conference so suggested, We will send a representive from both the Kingdom of Aquaria and our own ranks.
Beyond this we would like it so the representives of the other Anakeris countries are seated close by us, so that the Continent of Anakeris can speak as one.

- Muji Eviri, Diplomatic Officer.

ANSWER: The DM once more simply watches. Rajaat will be at the conference too. So will the Torilian press, since William inadvertently invited them without realizing it.
Everything said at the peace conference, and everything not said in all likelihood, will be broadcast live for the viewing pleasure of the 100 billion people of the United Commonwealth of Toril, and for the billions more where the press is representing other Torilian Powers.

- - -

Festy_Dog

Letter for Kal:

Dear old friend,

I am thrilled to hear from you, how are things down your end of the wasteland? I'm holding up pretty well, seems that the Scro Star League have offered their alliance. I gladly accepted! Trying to put some tricks up my sleeve but it seems they won't fit under a kobold's shirt, , just kidding I'm trying to pull some things together to give my people some hope of survival.

Yours Sincerely,
Silver Phase

PS. I'm gonna get one hell of a make over, wait till you see it!
PPS. Oh yeah...... Almost forgot. I'll be all too happy to come along to the conference.
I might have the work done by then.

ANSWER: Heh. This I must see.

- - -

Black Omega

Speaking ofthe conference. We're preparing early for it to make sure we have proper accomadations for the various races showing up as well as proper food and drink (within reason. If their prefered dinner is a cup of 'Blood o' Saints' followed up by roasting of 'Virgin's Heart', suitable substitutes will need to be used.
Also, security is being prepared well in advance, both against infiltration and simple assault like someone trying to Teleport in a big old nuke. Lastly, we'll work out with the various factions showing up a proper way to be sure the people they send are the one's arriving. Call this the Black Brotherhood rule.

ANSWER:

The Torilian Press also expects to be treated with all the honor and dignity that it considers to be it's due.
If you do not treat the press with all the honor and dignity that it considers to be it's due, there is a 100 percent chance they will slander you, lie about you, distort your part in the events that have taken place, take your words out of context, and otherwise misrepresent you.
Even if you do treat the press with the respect and dignity it considers it's due, they may do this anyways.

- - -

LordMelkor{Talos}

Concerning the lists:

Shadow Empire, Greyspace - PL 9
Allies of the Shadow Empire (Undead dragons, shadow dragons) PL 386

Well Edena, can I absorb these forces into Red Army? Your previous posts indicated that it multiplies pl 10 times.
Also, I see that Nations OF Chosen OF Mystra have higher pl than Eternal Empire, weren`t they listed as a relatively minor power previously?

ANSWER: That 9 PL of Shade is all that remains of the former Shadow Empire.
Are you sure you want to convert your last loyal Shade follows into more Red Warriors?

As for the Lists, I used a rather byzantine procedure to come up with the numbers I arrived at.
A procedure that will require a long article, just to explain the procedure and why I used it.

I will say to you, what I said to Forsaken One above.

Read the rules on Attack/Defense dueling.
Read the rules, and learn the rules.
Learn the rules, and use the rules.
Use the rules, and fight, and win!

- - -

Venus

Edena

The Emerald Order is missing in the kiss and tell post.
That means I'm still undiscovered?

I've been pretty busy lately, haven't posted to the IR in that time. I will be posting a bit more soon, and I've got some questions which I'll be mailing soon to you.

ANSWER: No, it means I forgot to note that your Power shared Dagger's Secret Retreat. I will go back and add your Power to the Kiss and Tell Post.
Zouron never had a Secret Retreat, which is why he is not mentioned.

- - -

Anabstercorian

I wouldn't be too worried, Forsaken One. You have a couple of things going for you:

1: The most powerful PC player in the game. Vaeregoth's PL is roughly equvalent to that of Goku during the Cell Games - I.E., you can immediately destroy Oerth should you so choose, merely by smashing your fist in to the earth and shattering the core in to a powder, or reaching our with your all-grasping touch and wrenching the world in half.

ANSWER: That is incorrect, although Vaeregoth is truly, immensely powerful. However, 11th level magic is stronger yet.

2: The Geestesstorm. You are the Dreamlord, and you can change the rules. Don't write off that ability so lightly! You can level the playing field, or tilt it towards yourself, with this ability.

ANSWER: That IS correct, and thus Forsaken One can alter reality in 5 ways in one Crystal Sphere, or 1 way in five Crystal Spheres, or any combination between those two.

3: Me as an ally. Everyone knows who I am, and why this is a good thing for you.

ANSWER: (chuckle) If I were you, Anabstercorian, I would remember that the United Commonwealth is your foe, and a powerful foe at that.

- - -

creamsteak

Lists Post:

Me and Sollir have our secret retreats reversed (mine and his are switched for some reason). There was a misinterpretation in my template that is pretty pointless now that the Church of Mercy is allied with me. My Player Character is now level 45/45 (or if you recieved an email I sent you earlier he might be level 45/45/10 the last class being Elven Defender). Last, I sent you an email that you never got to reply to about switching my planars. I will send it again if you never recieved it.

ANSWER: I reversed your Secret Retreats? Nuts. I'll fix that. I'll also work on the PCs and NPCs.

And Earlier in thread two (page 11 or 12 I believe) I posted that I am attempting to contact Corellon Lariathon.

ANSWER: What do you want to know from him? He will give you yes and no answers to a limited number of questions.

Posted by Edena:

Rajaat speaks back, in his abrupt way:

There is no need to heap glowing words upon me; I know of what transpires upon Athas.
I know what transpires on Oerth.
I know what transpires on Krynn.
I know what transpires on Toril.
I know all of it, Lord Melkor.

Rajaat spits.

Vermin infest those worlds, Melkor.
Vermin, bringing disease and corruption across the Spheres, bringing oppression and hardship to the Founding Race.

The vermin will be cleansed from Athas, Melkor.
Then my Champions and your Shade will cleanse Oerth, Krynn, and the most infected place of all, Toril, will be sterilized.

Rajaat regards Melkor:

Your Shade shall depart from Athas.
Your Shade shall depart, now.
As per our agreement.
And I and my Champions, and my slaves, will come forth from Athas, to stand with you, to cleanse away the filth and vermin that have spread like scum on water over the other planets.

That was not a request for your forces to leave Athas, Melkor.
That was an order.

However, the declaration of aid to you, is sincere, in all it's awful promise.

Melkor, I would not recommend you refuse Rajaat's order.

Melkor responds with sinister laughter, like he often does:

- So be it, Mighty One! I will leave Athas now, and so shall my forces! I will watch with joy as you cleanse Athas from vermin, as Rivers OF Blood flow through the sands, as your Dream Is
Fullfilled! For only through Violence can great things be achieved, and Athas will flourish once again, as Age Of Blue returns in glory!

Edena, my Armies leave Athas for strongholds in Plane Of Shadow, but I ask Dragon Kings to leave with me, unless they want to face Rajaat!

Anabstercorian

First Post
Press conference?

Anabstercorian, sunbathing naked on the surface of the Penumbral Hub, looks up curiously as a heavily cloaked Illithidi human (ex-human transformed through ceremorphosis) walks towards him, flinching in the bright light. Nervously, the new creature created a flimsy telepathic link between itself and Anabstercorian.

<< Anabstercorian, I thought I should tell you about this. One of our contacts on Oerth says that the Torilian media desires to interview you. >>

Anabstercorian's eyes widen and his tentacles arched with a gleeful expression. << Delightful! That sounds like a wonderful time. If possible, arrange for them to contact me, tell them I'd love to chat. >>

The illithid nodded, wincing. << Sir, how do you do this? Even as a human, this light would have been painful - Now it's agony! Yet you're just bathing in it! >>

<< It's something you pick up, >> sent Anabstercorian casually. << I'm working on making it more accessible... No worries. How's your family, by the way? >>

<< They've disowned me, >> said the Illithid miserably.

<< My sympathies. I'll send them a fruit basket. >>

Tokiwong

First Post
Iuz sends a message to Melkor & Hellmaster

-Melkor, Shadow King, Exalted among the Pantheon of Darkness....
-Hellmaster, Champion of the Glowing Darkness

This is a simple message to learn what you have planned for the future... if we are to work for the Greater Destiny of this world and the next then I must know what you have planned... That shall allow me ample time to modify any plans I have set into motion... Our armies are great but that alone will not be enough for the coming storm I sense is on the Horizon... I shall await your plans with earnest...

-Eternal Emperor Iuz, Master of the Glowing Darkness

OOC: Sollir and Melkor just send me an email on any plans or operations you may have... cooperation is going to save our arse this turn... I will make it a point to send you both the speech Iuz will give at the Conference

Last edited:

Posted by Edena:

It was upon Forrester that the burden was laid to protect the interests of Realmspace.
We watched as he cleverly set the savage nations of Oerth on each other, playing them against one another.
We watched as he successfully protected the Lortmil Project, and our own people in the Pomarj, in so doing.
We watched as Forrester's efforts saw the Shade driven from their occupation of Oerth, most of them obliterated, with the loss of few of our own people.
We watched as Forrester skillfully aided in the overthrow of the menace of Vecna, who was a threat even to Realmspace.
We watched as Forrester, our able commander and leader, kept the savage Union of Oerth at bay, kept it from conquering and enslaving our people, and still he protected the Lortmil Project.
When the Oerthians brought upon themselves the Red Curse, we observed Forrester's careful and cautious handling of this substance, and his disposal of it when the truth about it was revealed.
We observed Forrester's efforts to aid the Oerthians in ridding themselves of their Blood Waste, and how his appeals fell on deaf ears.

The Speaker pauses, and glares out over the World Assembly, then speaks, in a rather angry tone:

When the Red Army was created by the actions of the Church of Shade - which, I remind you, Forrester has ACTIVELY hunted down and supressed in this Crystal Sphere, our Realmspace - it was known then that this was due to the Oerthians themselves, and not due to Forrester.
Forrester received a direct plea for assistance from people who were being destroyed.
Had it not been for Forrester, the entire world of Oerth would have been destroyed by the Red Army!

Now, these savages have the audacity to whine that they lost people ... they WHINE that the Bombardment cost them a few lives.
Just what do they know about loss of lives? WE on Toril know the true meaning of loss, and the true meaning of sacrifice.
It is about time the Oerthians learned the price of their own actions, and the price of their own foolishness and pride.
It was time they learned that there is a price to war, that war is not a game, and that in war people die.

Thanks to the efforts of Lord Forrester, none of our own people were killed.
None of our people were subjected to the horrible Red Curse that the Oerthians brought upon themselves by their refusal to cooperate against the Shade.
Thanks to the efforts of Lord Forrester, there are still Oerthians, PERIOD, to come here and whine and complain about their lot.

Than a young and charismatic senator from Calimshan, Malyk EL Rashal, stands up, one of the leaders of isolationist faction, and a sworn opponent of Forrester. Few know, however, that Malyk is a secret worshipper of Melkor, and his mission is to weaken UC from inside!

-While Forrester`s merits can`t be denied, I believe that electing him to Presidency was a grave error! For he is, and always was, foremost a Warlord, certainly not a suitable person to lead an advanced Democracy! I don`t think that we shall ever forget about his slaughtering of entire elven civilization of Evereska, and while he condemned for his actions, his hands will be forever covered in blood!
- I believe that People Of Oerth should have been left alone, there was no reason for us to interfere, Shade were a threat that Oerthians could have certainly dealt with! Of course they were making errors, but wasn`t it the same
case with us!? Yet we grew wiser from this experience, for man can learn the most from his own mistakes! But Oerthians were denied this right, for Forrester was tired of peace, he once again wanted to lead armies to battle, he never stopped to love bloodshed, spoils of war, its glory! So he foolishly led mighty armies to Oerth, without even fully knowing the situation, and demanded Nations Of Oerth to submit to his will, like a petty tyrant! Because of his threats Oerth turned against him, and he was forced to leave this world, humiliated! Later World Of Oerth was forced to stand against a great thread, The Red Scourge, but they united, and it seemed like they can prevail! But they were never allowed to, as Forrester wanted to save to day, to satisfy his ego, and ordered terrible planetary bombardment of Oerth,. that resulted in terryfiyng death toll! And it was this action that summoned The Mists to Realmspace and Oerthspace, it wouldn`t happen if it wasn`t for our unnecessary interference in the affairs of Oerth!
- Well I hear that Humanoids threaten to leave The Commonwealth! But I must admit that I am not sure if it would be such a huge loss for us! For there were humanoids who supported Forrester`s agressive policy, hoping for a chance to ruling another worlds as colonies! It might be the best for us if Humanoids indeed leave, until they are mature enough to understand the fact that Democracy shouldn`t use violence as main solution to problems, not forget that it was only argument they knew a generation ago!

Last edited:

Tokiwong

First Post
Thanks to the efforts of Lord Forrester, none of our own people were killed.
None of our people were subjected to the horrible Red Curse that the Oerthians brought upon themselves by their refusal to cooperate against the Shade.
Thanks to the efforts of Lord Forrester, there are still Oerthians, PERIOD, to come here and whine and complain about their lot.

Head Chancellor Fu Lao Zhao, of the Eternal Empire, stands and addresses those assembled...

"Your speech has been heard, and your words are filled with venom. We must move to the heart of the matter... despite your feelings that Forrester has done nothing wrong... his very intervention has caused significantly more damage then any force to threaten the Oerthians," the Head chancellor paused and cleared his throat.

"I do not admonish Forrester for his willingness to aid the Oerthians against the... Red Army... but I question his methods. Do the ends justify the means? What would we as Torillians think if such a disaster were to befall us? And we asked for aid, and in return we were gifted oblivion... a bittersweet victory. Would we not clamor? Would not writhe with rage; you call them barbarians… you rail against them… but you have yet to show any remorse for the damage done. And for what, to protect a warlord… a butcherer… he may have been great at one time but he has long passed his zenith. His star has set. I ask you this where has Forrester gone now? Why has he fled justice? His actions are consistent with a criminal… a murderer, not a hero,” the chancellor waived his hands to those assembled.

“We are an enlightened society, we are scholars, engineers, mages, and citizens. We must act in a manner that is both responsible and not elitist. You call them barbarians… I call them equals, you rail at them, I seek to teach and learn, you delve deeper into your bigotry, and I shall see understanding. Reparations must be made; we brought them destruction on a global scale. We owe them at least that… if not more… I thank you for your time,” the chancellor bowed and then sat down amidst more murmurs…

Remove ads