• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Daggers at Midnight

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
OOC: No worries here, pm. I've had some RL stuff going on as well; trying to find a new balance so that everything is getting the attention it needs . . .

perrinmiller

Adventurer
The reception inside the tavern is not much different than before, Maia is pretty much guilty by association of her companions that were in the establishment earlier.

Gettle.jpg

The bartender looks at the offering with a raised eyebrow and considers negotiating for more. Deciding that the gold is more than enough to fix the roof if the crazy adventurers muck it up, he nods his assent.

"Alright, lass. I guess this will have to do. Ya break anything, ya pay to fix it, ya hear."

GM: I will still be busy working on RL issues for the weekend and probably next week, submitting applications for a better job while working at my new one.

Shayuri

First Post
Maia's face breaks into a bright smile of joy and pride at her accomplishment. "Do not worry sir, we will take good care of the roof that once was yours. Please excuse me now, I must go and tell the others!"

She rushes back around to the alley and excitedly reports, "I have negotiated the exchange of the roof for fifty round pieces of gold, and the plant fiber sack used to carry them."

mfloyd3

Explorer
The Dwarf stares at her a moment, face rapt with concentration as she processes this statement, then she smiles. "Well done!" exclaims Garnet.

She turns to the others. "Shall we put Heinrich and Maia on the roof?" she asks.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"On the roof, but in plain sight in accordance with our intention to be straightforward." Pari looks around at his friends. "I'd like to thank you once more for standing with me in this. It means much to me."

[sblock=OOC]Scott DeWar has been in the hospital for a couple of rounds of (I think) stomach surgery, so he won't be available to play Heinrich.[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
SnFAEnc8Map00E-1.jpg

GM: I provided the map for you guys to set up your situation the way you want. With Heinrich's and Ausk's players maybe unable to post, I will accept suggestions for them and if they don't chime it before my update I will use the other player's suggestions.

I will need t know where you put the ladder, as well.

mfloyd3

Explorer
OOC: Let's try and put the tactics together outside of RP, just to speed things along. I propose Heinrich and Maia go on the roof at J6 and J7, standing at the edge where they can be seen from the alley but not from the sidestreets (where they might attract unwanted attention). They pull the ladder up after them, and lay it on the roof by J13 (for reasons I will explain in a minute).

Shayuri, if you want, Garnet will give Maia the +1 longspear. If anyone does come onto the roof to melee, or try, or if there's a flying attacker, a reach weapon would be useful. But if it's out of character for her to take it, or some reason it's a bad idea, feel free to pass.

We put everyone else on the ground just inside the alley, near K/L 12/13, perhaps spreading them out just a bit. We retain control of 1 end of the alley so we don't get boxed in. Also, with the ladder at that end of the roof, Heinrich and Maia would have an easier time getting to ground near the group if they need to get off the roof quickly. They would also have the option of coming out on the street rather than the alley.

Seem reasonable?

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Mfloyd's suggestion has my approval. Maia would be fine taking the spear up too, though she'll have it at her feet and have her crossbow readied.)

Remove ads