• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Daggers at Midnight

Shayuri

First Post
From the rooftop, Maia is torn between the concentration needed to keep her footing on the slick, fragile shingles, and following the conversation happening below. Abruptly she can't resist the urge to kibbutz.

"Ask him who Gregor is!" she calls. "Oh! And ask him who Madarius is!"

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Pari looks up fondly as the young girl speaks. "As my enthusiastic friend has pointed out, perhaps it would be helpful if you could tell me who this person is for whom you've mistaken me? And who is Gregor, and what is Maderius' relationship with him?

"Look, we'd . . . I'd . . . like to figure this out and clear it up so that the same thing won't happen again."
He looks to the skeptical thug. "If I were Maderius, would I not wish to take this chance to parlay? Or to tell you to shove it up your collective arses? Why would I deny who I am?"

perrinmiller

Adventurer
While Pharadale considers your parley, the mercenaries are restless. The mouthy one asks, "Don't tell me you are going to believe this crap? Should we just nab the gnome by force?"

Pharadale.jpg

Pharadale puts a hand on the man's shoulder and snaps, "Shut your mouth, I am thinking. I am not paying you for your unsolicited opinion."

The man looks up at the voice from above and then at the rest of the gnome's companions, considering. Finally, he responds again,
"Very well, things are not adding up. I have not met Madarius, but Gregor saw you earlier and described you to me fairly accurately."

"Unless something has really changed, you do not strike me as being a sneak thief."

"So, if you are not Madarius, then what is your name?"
GM: Okay, you succeed in your skill check. :) You can continue role-playing this now that combat is likely averted.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"I am Pari Kalikasan, surely no 'sneak-thief,' but a priest of Kavan the Wanderer. These are my true friends, concerned for my well-being and trying to help me clean up this mess.

"Your man called you Pharadale? Very well, what is it, exactly, for which Gregor wishes you to parlay with me? I get the impression that the 'Maderius' has wronged him in some way . . . perhaps we can help you sort this out. I have not spoken to my friends about this, mind you, so once we know a bit more about the situation we may decide to leave you to it."

Remove ads