[LPF] Daggers at Midnight

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Pharadale.jpg

Pharadale is still wary, but appears to accept Pari's explanation so far.

"Gregor would be best to tell you the story in person. I was charged with bringing you alone to him, but given this new development, perhaps you all should come with me."

"It is not very far, about 20 minutes walking."

Shayuri

First Post
"We can come down then?" Maia asks gratefully. "That would be so wonder...WAH!" She slipped, catching herself with a hand on the tiles so that she didn't quite go bouncing down and follow the three or four tiles that came free under her weight down to smash on the alley floor below.

"I'm ready to come down now," she finished woefully. "And we don't want to hurt Gregor or anyone. We just want him to stop trying to kill Pari."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Pharadale.jpg

Pharadale looks up and suggests, "By all means, please come down before you fall down. Both of you."

GM: As far as I am concerned, you have a consensus as long as Maia, Garnet and Pari agree. No need to wait for the other two while they have RL issues, they can post when they can. This is sort of Pari's show anyway. ;)

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Seeing both Heinrich and Ausk give their nods of assent, Pari turns back to Pharadale. "Then so long as you'll vouch for this discussion and your decision with Gregor, we're ready to go. Lead the way, Master Pharadale."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Pharadale.jpg

Pharadale nods, "Okay, follow me."

The mercenary fighters accompanying the man say nothing, realizing that they get paid either way and there is no risk of dying if there is no fight.

After leaving the alley beside the Blue Ox, you walk for about twenty minutes and Pharadale stops you in front of a boarding house with a set of double doors and says,
"This is where my apartment is. I have quarters on the ground floor just to the left as we enter, first door. Gregor will be waiting in my sitting room."

Moving through the doors, the mercenaries wait outside, there not being enough room for them in the short hallway. Pharadale knocks on the door.

The door opens to reveal that the first room is a study, a desk in one corner and a bookshelf on the opposite wall. There is an open door leading into the back room, most likely a small bedroom.

Gregor, an smallish man maybe in his mid 30s that has seen better days, is standing just inside the doorway. But, with his face covered in red blotches and gaunt face he looks to about 40 or older. He has thinning, short blond hair and is about five feet tall. He stoops with a racking cough and his hands have a slight tremble as he tries to cover his uncontrollable action. He is wearing regular clothes, nothing fancy and is armed with only a dagger.

Gregor.jpg

He glances briefly at your faces and looks questioningly at Pharadale. Trying to appear nonplussed, he remarks to Pharadale and then to Pari, "You couldn't convince him to come alone, huh? Well, come on in, Madarius." Mindful of your numbers, he backs up to let everyone come into the room.

Pharadale.jpg

Pharadale replies, "Actually, Gregor. This one claims to be Pari, not your former associate."

Gregor.jpg

Gregor's eyes narrow and he takes a hard look at Pari, "Eh? Well, I'll be fu-" <cough> "... Yeah, you are right." His coughs again and his appearance shows that his strength and stamina are likely impaired from being at significantly less than optimum health.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Maia gets that 'oh, lookit the poor lost kitty' expression on her face, and she steps forward and leans forward a little to peer at Gregor from closer to his eye level.

"You sound awful," she confides sympathetically. "Are you sick? Maybe I can help you. I'm not sure...but I'd be happy to try!"

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Gregor.jpg

Gregor shrugs at Maia's question, "Aye, I am ill. Unless you can cure magical diseases, there is probably not much you can do. That bitch Cassatta has magicked contagions on me."

Remove ads