[LPF] Daggers at Midnight

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Gregor.jpg

Gregor breaks into a coughing fit as he tries to answer the gnome right away. After a moment he responds, "That evil woman contracted us to steal some magical horn from a numb nut wizard named Andruxus. We nicked it right out from under the fool's nose. Then when we were supposed to make the delivery, Madarius failed to show up. I have been looking for him ever since."

"Of course that fiendish woman took out her wrath on me. She has given me the plague, the runs, and a few other diseases as punishment. She is a dangerous woman and will likely assume that you are Madarius having only, met my ex-partner once."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Gregor.jpg

Gregor coughs again and then looks at the dwarf with curiosity at the question.

"Krell? That bastard is a mercenary. Cassatta had him keeping an eye on me, hoping I would lead them to Madarius."

"He is the sort that would try and capture him to get an extra reward or suck up to the priestess."

"I hope you put him down."

Shayuri

First Post
Maia considers what she's heard and sums it all up.

"So...you and Madarius stole a magic horn from a wizard who's nuts are numb, for Casatta, only Madarius never showed up with the horn so Casatta got angry with you and cursed you with diseases, and now you're looking for Madarius so you can hand him over, and the horn, to Casatta."

She paused and added, "And somewhere along the way Pari got mistaken for him."

"Soooo...in order to really make sure Casatta doesn't come after Pari herself, we pretty much need to find the real Madarius and get the horn and turn them over to her."

Confusion stole into her expression. "What does she want with a numb wizard's magic horn?"

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Gregor.jpg

Gregor nods and his body convulses in another coughing fit.

"Well, you are sort of right. I don't need to find Madarius, just deliver the horn to get the damned woman off my back. I am sure Cassatta will want to castrate him for sport after his alleged double cross, though."

"But after not showing up and the meeting place two months ago, I fear he is long gone. Or dead."

"Of course, none of that will matter to the bitch. She will just as soon torture Pari here."

"Fetching that horn was just a job, ya know. The wizard wasn't using it. But, considering the priestess's wrath, I am beginning to think it would be crazy to let her get her hands on a powerful artifact."

mfloyd3

Explorer
"Unless one of you is wiser than me, it seems we will not be able to find Madarius or the horn," says Garnet. "If Krell is in her pay, he will surely have gone to Cassatta by now, to report that he has seen Madarius. If she is powerful and vengeful enough to throw curses at those who displease her, she will surely send agents to search for Madarius. Which means the only way to resolve this is to confront the priestess." The Dwarf grits her teeth in frustration.

"Master Gregor, what can you tell me about her? Where does she live, and what is her station in the city?"

perrinmiller

Adventurer
GM: Sorry, I was expecting some more player interaction before replying.

Gregor.jpg

Gregor scoffs and it turns into another bout of gut-wrenching coughs.

"Station? The bitch has none. She is a priestess of some sort, not sure who she worships but she is very powerful and not to be taken lightly. However, she is not out there gathering many followers. She has some minions with her, but that's it."

"She took over a place in the wharves called Sunderham Imports. I think she is not really running the joint as a business, though. At least I never saw any customers when I was there."

Remove ads