• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Daggers at Midnight

perrinmiller

Adventurer
With Maia and Heinrich up on the roof, perched on the edge, they are finding the sloping slats a bit precarious. Being careful while not being distracted they are able to keep from slipping off the roof to fall the long drop to the alley floor.

[sblock=Updated Map]
SnFAEnc8Map00F.jpg
[/sblock]
GM: I assumed Mowgli agrees, but I will give you some more information.

During combat, it will require an Acrobatics DC 10 check to fight from the sloping roof. Outside of combat taking a 10 gives you auto-success.

mfloyd3

Explorer
OOC: This may not have been such a good idea. Does that Acro check include spellcasting? And does failure lead to a fall, or just a lost action?

perrinmiller

Adventurer
[sblock=DM Commentary]Hmmm, okay my interpretation of things.

Technically you only need to roll acrobatics if moving.

However, fighting requires movement, even firing a crossbow and reloading. To be simple, probably include spell casting too. So I am asking for Acrobatics Checks for two reasons:
1. No where to brace yourself on the roof
2. You will need to be perched on the edge to even see down to the alley floor, a precarious position requiring some attention at all times

DC already includes modifiers for slope and surface.

Failure means you slip and fall prone on the roof. Let's say, Reflex save DC12 to not fall off the roof when adjacent to the edge. Treated like 30ft drop since you will likely have downward momentum before reaching mid-air to add another 5ft onto the 25ft height. Makes for round number for calculating damage.

As for wisdom of the plan, that is up to you to determine. ;)[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
OOC: I'm good either way. If you're good with it, Shayuri, I say go for it. DeWar isn't hear to decide for Heinrich, but I'd say put him up there as well.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
About an half an hour before sunset, the time of the meeting, there is a group of men coming through from the other side of the alley. At first they were just peeking around the corner, but then they spotted you and approached.

There are four human men wearing chain shirts and armed with battle axes and light crossbows in hand. They have the look of hired thugs or mercenaries. One nods in your direction and asks over his shoulder,
"Pharadale, is that who you are looking for?"

Pharadale.jpg

The fifth man, in the middle of the group, is a young, slender man with a goatee and brown hair. He is dressed, unarmored, in simple clothes with a hooded cloak and a dagger on his belt carrying a light crossbow in hand. Pharadale answers the man who spoke,
"Yes, I think the small gnome in front is him."

The man, Pharadale, has a calculating demeanor and he calls out you,
"Madarius? I seek to parley with you on behalf of Gregor."

[sblock=Updated Map]
SnFAEnc8Map00G.jpg
[/sblock]
GM: I think we were ready to move along.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Pari steps slightly forward, leaning on his scythe, and speaks politely but with firm resolve. "You are the author of the note, then? My apologies, sir, but I fear you've mistaken me for another. I am not Maderius, nor have I heard of any such person until reading your note earlier. Nor do I know a Gregor. However, as my friends and I have been assaulted - and almost killed - on the very streets of Venza over this grievous mistake I would very much like to know what's going on, and what I've done that would make you believe I am someone I'm not."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
One of the mercenaries mutters over his shoulder, "Likely story."

Pharadale.jpg

The man, Pharadale, appears to be skeptical still, "I am not the writer of the note, that was Gregor."

[sblock=Updated Map]
SnFAEnc8Map00G.jpg
[/sblock]
GM: I am still sort of waiting for Ausk and Maia to post a reaction, so this is only a half response. But feel free to post again for Pari.

Remove ads