S3: The Scythe of Seto (Bront Judging)[Completed]

SlagMortar

First Post
[sblock]Beamer shakes his head and says, "I'm so sorry Sam - " *record scratching noise*

wait, start again[/sblock]

Beamer shakes his head to clear the horrible voices. He realizes he was running away from his companions. Ashamed, and no longer trusting himself to go near the scythe, he takes a few steps back away from the scythe and readies to fire his wand at Torvin in the case that he breaks past Ogrin.

Boddynock

First Post
Seeing as Banion got there first, and that Beamer has come back to his right mind, Eusebius runs up to the scythe, yelling, "Don't touch it."

Standing over the weapon, he takes the rope from his backpack and fashions a loop in one end of it. Gingerly he feeds the loop over the handle of the scythe, then works it up (taking care not to touch the weapon himself) until the loop rests just below the joint of handle and blade. He then tightens the rope and lifts the foul artifact up to swing it out over the railing. He lets it down steadily, foot by foot, until it's dangling out of reach above the pit. He then says to the others, "I think it would be a good idea to get out of here. Ogrin, take Torvin back across the bridge. Banion, perhaps you could help him?"

When the others have exited the pit room (or at least are at the door), he walks around until he's just twenty feet from the door. Then he proceeds to let the rope slip through his fingers, hoping that he'll have enough time to seek safety if this blows up in his face.

Manzanita

First Post
rln said:
...and as the halfling is about to chuck the evil artifact into the only place where it can be destroyed, he succumbs to the artifacts power. Hm, seems somewhat familiar :)

...where's golum when you need him?

And I'm sorry I'm so slow.

After Banion disarms Beamer, the group goes back to work. Ogrin & Banion hold off Torvin, while Eusebius ropes up the scythe. He lowers it over the edge of the bridge, closer and closer to the lightening-slashed mist.

"You fools!" shouts Torvin. "You're letting power slip through your fingers! Seto would reward you richly for its return! You will regret this to the end of your days. Never will such an opportunity come again!"

Ignoring him, Eusebius releases the scythe, and it falls in silence into the mist. Seconds later a loud rumble is heard and the bridge shakes. Blue lightening flashes and a gyser of steam erupts, spraying hot water on the monk.

But no one falls or is really hurt. Torvin's shoulders slump. He sits down and burries his head in his hands.

Eusebius jerks, stiffins, and drops to his knees. Moments later, he stands with a smile.

Manzanita

First Post
Eusebius has been visited by the spirit of Hyrag. He falls to his knees in wonder.

"You have done well, my son." he hears, as he gazes on the face of his god. "You have been the catalyst of the weapon's destruction. Seto's minions will now never be able to resurect their master. And no more evil will come of his presense on this earth."

"Even without Seto, through, troubled times are coming to your world. Great evil is waking, and spreading. Dragons have arisen, and worse. Your world will need all your strength and skill. Limits have been placed upon me, as to how much I can interfere in your world, but I can, and will, rewards those who have shown me exceptional service. This you have done, my son. Rise now, and with your new gifts, continue to lead my forces to victory."

Eusebius shakes his head. The vision is gone. The others have seen and heard nothing. But Eusebius will never be the same. Beyond any psychological boosts, Eusebius has been blessed by his god. He now benefits from the Improved Turning, and Iron Will feats.

Boddynock

First Post
"Benedictus qui venit in nomine Domini! Blessed am I, who have beheld the Bright Grace! Ah, God, that you should come to me!"

He stands a moment longer in stunned awe, then shakes himself and turns back to the world. He stands taller, and his gaze is firmer, somehow, as he looks at his friends, his companions on the way.

He smiles at them, then frowns in recollection, and shares with them the god's words about the end to this quest, and about danger and dragons in the world.

And then there is Torvin ...

"You will come with us. We will bring you to the high priest, who will petition Hyrag for your healing. This may not be your desire but it will be so. If you attempt to escape, we will be forced to kill you. That would be a great sorrow - but it will not keep us from doing it."

Eusebius then proceeds to strip him of his armour, distributing it amongst those members of the company who can carry it. And he brings forth the wand of healing, to bring Rasz back from death's door, expending just two charges before stowing the wand again.

"Tonight I will tend your wounds, and tomorrow I will pray the Shining One for healing for you."

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
"Ye're welcome," Rasereit says sarcastically. The action was over before he even really knew what was going on.

"Before we 'ead back, what d'ye think Ah should do wit' this?" He gestures towards the large, oblong thing he is carrying, covered in a black curtain. "Wicked magic, 'tis. Makes an evil twin o' yerself, an' it's no illusion." He gestures pointedly at the vicious wounds that Eusebius is currently healing.

"Might fetch a pretty penny on the market, eh?" He looks at Ogrin, his eyebrows raised.

Boddynock

First Post
"Ye're welcome," Rasereit says sarcastically. The action was over before he even really knew what was going on.
Eusebius stops and looks at Raszereit intently before standing and bowing formally to him and to all the party.

"Forgive me, my friends. I was too overwhelmed at the vision of my God to give due honour to you, who have made it possible for me to fulfil my quest. Thank you for all that you have done. You are heroes of the highest order."

"Before we 'ead back, what d'ye think Ah should do wit' this?" He gestures towards the large, oblong thing he is carrying, covered in a black curtain. "Wicked magic, 'tis. Makes an evil twin o' yerself, an' it's no illusion." He gestures pointedly at the vicious wounds that Eusebius is currently healing.

"Might fetch a pretty penny on the market, eh?" He looks at Ogrin, his eyebrows raised.
"Or you could toss it over the edge, so that wickedness is decreased in the world."

The cleric then turns back to healing Rasz's wounds, to make it clear that he will not attempt to influence the decision any further.

Manzanita

First Post
Torvin allows himself to be taken into captivity. His only alternative seems to be death. With difficulty, he reverts back to his human form. He is stripped of his fine mail, which seems to be mithral full plate, and his mithril heavy steel shield. He no longer has his heavy mace.

He seems dispondend. "No high priest can cure me, Brother." he says to Eusebius. "I have already tried that. There is no cure for my condition. Only death or the victory Seto would bring."
The group has one way to continue, evidently, back through the curtain to the room with the gambling imp.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Rasereit looks at Eusebius with a furrowed brow. "But..." As his wounds are healed, Rasereit sighs with resignation. "Azwan's bollocks, ye got me." With a lazy kick, he sends the shrouded mirror sailing into black oblivion.

"Thing was too cumbersome anyway. Can ye imagine me carrying a ten foot mirror t'every town we pass through, lookin' for a sketchy buyer?" He chuckles, but he's not sure he made the right decision for him.

Boddynock

First Post
He seems dispondend. "No high priest can cure me, Brother." he says to Eusebius. "I have already tried that. There is no cure for my condition. Only death or the victory Seto would bring."
"Nevertheless, we will seek your healing. There is more than one way to fight evil."

Rasereit looks at Eusebius with a furrowed brow. "But..." As his wounds are healed, Rasereit sighs with resignation. "Azwan's bollocks, ye got me." With a lazy kick, he sends the shrouded mirror sailing into black oblivion.

"Thing was too cumbersome anyway. Can ye imagine me carrying a ten foot mirror t'every town we pass through, lookin' for a sketchy buyer?" He chuckles, but he's not sure he made the right decision for him.
"Well done, my friend. You have a noble heart. Who knows, perhaps I can persuade the high priest to honour the sacrifice you have made?"

Eusebius smiles at the dwarf before taking Torvin's arm and leading him back the way they came.

"Let us go, my friends! It's still a long trip home, and we're not out of this ... singular temple yet."

[sblock=Healing for Rasz]Two applications of wand of CLW to Raszereit (1d8 1=6, 1d8 1=7)
There ya go, mate! :)
(26 charges left)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads