S3: The Scythe of Seto (Bront Judging)[Completed]

rln

Explorer
Ogrin makes no move to stop Razh, but watches curiously as the mirror falls down the pit. The curtain glides off, and for an instant, Ogrin can spy himself, running towards the glass of the mirror, blades in hand. Then the mirror falls out of view, is struck my the lightning storm and shatters. Through the sound of breaking glass, one can almost make out a high-pitched wail of agony for a short instant...

He shudders and turns to Razh. "Aye. I'm with the fathers pack on this, old friend. No good would ever come from that thing, I think."

"Did Itchy and Scratchy over there expire? By the way, Ra-- Ehm, I mean, Torvin, how did you and your... friends... get in? None of you seem the chess-playing type."

"Now, if you'll excuse me..." says Ogrin, nodding towards the curtain, "...I have to see an imp about his gaming problem.

Manzanita

First Post
The mirror of opposition is dropped in after the scythe, and makes a similar exit.

Torvin scowls at Ogrin. "I know nothing of any chess games. We entered here days ago, it seems, and faced a variety of strange creatures. Large, white, puffy things that were strangely...tasty...once destroyed. And we had to negotiate some sort of maze of ladders and chutes, some of which were filled with white powder. " He gestures at the fallen assassin, Lothar, who is still covered with white powder. "I don't suggest you sniff it."

The group moves back through the curtain. The imp says nothing at first. It is too busy frowning at Razh. Once it determines he no longer has the mirror, he smiles. "Welcome back. You are at the gambling center of the world! Anyone care for cards? Or perhaps you'd like to see what's behind the big curtain? Just show me your currency and let's get started!"

SlagMortar

First Post
As Rasereit decides to destroy the mirror, a flicker of greed and ambition deep in Beamer's mind tries to leap to the surface, but is quickly snuffed out. Beamer stays silent.

After passing through the curtain, Beamer hangs in the back, still embarrassed at having succumb to the scythe's seduction.

rln

Explorer
Ogrin cocks his head and looks at the Imp. "From what the wizard told us, you sometimes stand at the entrance. It was you who was dressed up in those plumes, wasn't it?

How long have you been here, doing this, anyway?"

Manzanita

First Post
Ogrin cocks his head and looks at the Imp. "From what the wizard told us, you sometimes stand at the entrance. It was you who was dressed up in those plumes, wasn't it?

How long have you been here, doing this, anyway?"

The imp stares at Ogrin with a blank face. "You wouldn't understand how long, mortal. But if you think I'm a parot, you're wrong."

Manzanita

First Post
Well, we should probably assume no one wants to gamble.

The party avoids further enticement from the imp, and manages to find their way out of the strange temple. The forest beyond seems peaceful, and sense of forboding that gnawed at many of their hearts is gone. With Torvin bound and in toe, the party moves on to Trimble's cottage, where they find the wizard at work in his garden.

He's happy to put up the party for the night & is curious to hear any and every detail of their adventure in the strange temple of Jareth.

In the morning, the group is able to set out again, back to civilization.

Anyone who wants to at this point can head back to the RDI. I'll get some XPs thrown up here soon, as well as DM commentary and an adventure summary. Eusebius, and whomever wants to accompany him, still has Torvin to manage. What is the plan with the fallen were-rat paladin?

Remove ads