What's with all the new folks?

reveal

Adventurer
I'm not picking on anyone, I'm just genuinely curious. It seems like everyday there's a post from someone with less than 100 posts. Is it just me or are there a lot more new people on here lately? Did I miss a memo at my last "RPG Geeks Unite" meeting?

der_kluge

Adventurer
It seems like there are quite a few new folks, but there are also some people who used to be regular posters, who have kind of drifted away. So, you win some, you lose some.

DragonSword

First Post
I think ENWorld has a lot of lurkers - and a fair few of them seem to be starting to post.

I haven't especially noticed what you are saying because on most other forums I've been on 100 posts is a significantly larger amount than it is here. On ENWorld, 100 posts is nothing.

Henry

Autoexreginated
Next time you look at the post count, look also at the Join Date - it can be quite telling whether it's new members or long-time members who just choose their words carefully, unlike blabbermouths like me. :)

reveal

Adventurer
Henry said:
Next time you look at the post count, look also at the Join Date - it can be quite telling whether it's new members or long-time members who just choose their words carefully, unlike blabbermouths like me. :)

I've been too lazy to click on their name to see their Join Date. :)

James Heard

Explorer
I'd hate to be classified as a newbie here, just because I haven't hit 1,000 yet. I think my post count doubled recently because I started playing PbPs here, but before that it was like, "Eh, why bother?" most of the time. I get my single voice in the ether shout-out in other places mostly.

reveal

Adventurer
Joshua Dyal said:
You do realize that it's right there next to the postcount; you don't have to actually click on anything, right?

YES. I've always known it was there. I was just... testing you. :uhoh:

smootrk

First Post
You do realize that eliteist attitudes are probably the biggest reason that newer folks do not post? They lurk and lurk, sometimes never joining the fray.

I know. I have been playing since almost the beginning of time it seems, but have only recently added my 2 cents on any topics.

btw - Having high post count does not necessarily mean any sort of credibility or knowledge... it only indicates someone who talks alot. In the geekish world of computers, rpg's, books, astonomy, jeapordy, I have noticed many who spout opinions as if they are facts for everyone else.

Post counts could be removed in my opinion, as they only add to the eliteist feel of these boards.

No Offense is meant by my remarks. I am talking in generalities, not about any one individual.

Last edited:

Remove ads