The M:tG "What color are you?" test...WTF

Orius

Legend
Right, so I've been seeing this thing in people's sigs ever since I returned, and so I gave it a try. Never been a M:tG player, but I've seen enough of the cards that I kind of know what the colors are:

White: These guys come off as the epitome of D&D Lawful Good alignment. I see it as being filled with stuff like paladins, righteous clerics and the like.
Green: Tree-hugging hippies. 'Nuff said.
Red: Got to be chaos. All the cards seem to be stuff like rampaging barbarian hordes and orcs and stuff.
Black: Chock full of demons and undead, yup, it's pure evil.
Blue: Eh, don't really know what blue is. Looks like a lot of weird, futz with the opponent kind of magic.

So anyway, I'm take this quiz (and some of the colors seem downright obvious to me), and i come up....White.

White?!?!

Like I said, this is how I view White:
These guys come off as the epitome of D&D Lawful Good alignment. I see it as being filled with stuff like paladins, righteous clerics and the like.

Yeah, that ain't me. Though I know right off I'm not Green, and Red isn't a good match either. Nor is black for that matter. I have no idea what Blue is.

Actually, I don't think I fit into the structure of M:tG anywhere. :)

Testament

First Post
Applying alignments to M:TG isn't really that straightforward.

White is Lawful, not necessarily good. The Order in particular during the Odyssey/Onslaught blocks was home to some noble and benevolent leaders, but also produced the intolerant, despotic and hopelessly self-righteous Teroh.

Green is life, in all its gory glory, going from benign to red in tooth and claw in a heartbeat.

Blue is the Mind. Pure intellect, imagination, dreams and nightmares are all a part of it.

Red is chaos, emotion, desire, madness. Destruction, rebirth and passion are all there.

Black is the strange one. Its not inherently evil, but lends itself to evil well. Black encompasses ambition and greed, and it will stop at nothing to get at it. Black ultimately represents entropy, corruption, death and endings. Madness is also part of black, as corruption of the mind.

Remove ads