[Adventure] BH1: Merryl's Rescue (DM: Velmont, Judge: renau1g)

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Bell's eyes open quickly, infused with healing energy. She spies the ghoul above her but can't find Sheryl anywhere. Must heal while I can.

She looks to her party, as she stands, and knows they're all wounded but lends her spirit to Charina, who is in her immediate vision. Time is of the essence!

"It's not nearly as bad as it once seemed." Her words twist the arcane streams around her and then push through Charina, making it so.

She takes a good look at the ghoul and strikes out at it, letting the residual harmonics guide her blade. She slices firmly from the shoulder, down across the ribs, creating a temporary vulnerability.

"Aim for my mark!" She shouts, trying to grasp all the changes since she was last concious.

[sblock=ooc]
So Charina's attack killed Sheryl?

Move: Stand
Minor: Majestic Word on Charina. Spend a HS gain surge value +3
Note: At this point in the fight I'm not going to heal the absent.
Standard: Guiding Strike vs Ghoul. 24 vs AC, 9 damage and the ghoul takes a -2 penalty to AC, till the end of Bell's next turn.
EDIT: Save vs Immobilized
[/sblock]

[sblock=Quick Stats]
Bell's Full Sheet - (Bloodied)
Shadar-Kai Bard (Virtue of Cunning), level 2
Passive Insight 11 Passive Perception 15; Senses low-light vision
HP: 14/30; Surge Value: 7; 6/8
AC: 21, F: 13, R: 17, W: 15
Saving Throws +2 Racial bonus against the unconscious condition; +2 to all death saving throws
AP: 0

Feats Ritual Caster, Blade Initiate, Linguist
Skills Arcana +10, Bluff +9, History +10, Perception +5, Streetwise +9
Languages Allarian, Imperia, Tsugo, Magari, Draconic

Misdirected Mark, Guiding Strike
Focussed Sound, Shadow Jaunt, Words of Friendship, Majestic Word 0/2, Second Wind
Malevolent Mischief, Song of Defense, Swordmage Warding, Harsh Songblade
[/sblock]

Last edited:

covaithe

Explorer
Ikni pulls forth a healing potion and quickly drinks it, before sketching her symbol of protection in the air in front of the remaining ghoul. She sets herself grimly, intent on surviving the monster's assault long enough for her teammates to rally to her aid, and finds that the potion's magic has freed her feet to move again.

[sblock=actions]Immediate: aegis of shielding to prevent 8 damage when Harold hits Charina.
Move: sub for minor, draw potion
Minor: drink potion, spending a surge and gaining 10 HP.
Standard: sub for minor, aegis of shielding on the ghoul.
End of turn: save vs. immobilized succeeds.
[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
The Ghoul seems now to fight desperately and seems to want to take down Ikni before he get killed by the group, and the Ghouls seems in good way to do it.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Map haven't really changed, except Martelai who is suppose to be at K5.

Also, I'll be offline between the 21 and the 24. An update should come either tomorrow morning or next Tuesday, depending on the players update.[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Mechanic]Ghoul
Standard: Claw vs AC on Ikni (1d20+12=32, 1d6+4=8) Critical for 10 damage and Immobilized (save ends)
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Status]Sarcophagus are difficult movement square and give cover to anyone who is prone.

Initiative:
27: Ghouls - Acted
23: Charina - Acted
21: Rhole - Acted
19: Martelai - Acted
23: Derien - Acted
17: Dreadclaws - Acted
11: Bell
3: Ikni

Heroes
Bell: 14/30, Bloodied
Charina: 34/34
Derien: 7/36, Bloodied
Ikni: 8/43, Bloodied, Immobilized (save ends)
Martelai: 25/33
Rhole: 17/29, Song of Courage (sustain Minor)

Enemies
Harold: -0
Ghoul2: -36, Bloodied, Cursed, Marked, -2 AC UEoNT (Bell)[/SBLOCK]

[sblock=Map]
attachment.php
[/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Bell shifts into a better position vs the ghoul, staying close to the vicious creature. Almost done now. We must keep up the assault.

"Again!"

[sblock=ooc]
I'm kind of confused at whose turn it is. I suppose since the ghoul is the only enemy whose still fighting, and he just went again, its my turn again. Well I suppose its everyone's turn since there's only one fighting enemy.

Move: Shift to M9 to flank with Ikni
Standard: Guiding Strike vs Ghoul. 25 vs AC, 9 damage and the ghoul takes a -2 penalty to AC, till the end of Bell's next turn.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Quick Stats]
Bell's Full Sheet - (Bloodied)
Shadar-Kai Bard (Virtue of Cunning), level 2
Passive Insight 11 Passive Perception 15; Senses low-light vision
HP: 14/30; Surge Value: 7; 6/8
AC: 21, F: 13, R: 17, W: 15
Saving Throws +2 Racial bonus against the unconscious condition; +2 to all death saving throws
AP: 0

Feats Ritual Caster, Blade Initiate, Linguist
Skills Arcana +10, Bluff +9, History +10, Perception +5, Streetwise +9
Languages Allarian, Imperia, Tsugo, Magari, Draconic

Misdirected Mark, Guiding Strike
Focussed Sound, Shadow Jaunt, Words of Friendship, Majestic Word 0/2, Second Wind
Malevolent Mischief, Song of Defense, Swordmage Warding, Harsh Songblade
[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
Ikni laughs, a barking sound more like a sick person's cough than a sound of mirth. "That all you got?" she quips, weaving a defensive thicket of steel around herself. This time, she can't make her legs move, though.

[sblock=actions]Standard: total defense, +2 to defenses TSNT
end of turn: save vs. immobilized fails.
[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Martelai walks a bit around so he can see the ghoul clearly and he exposes himself to attack in an attempt to draw it away from Ikni. Dire radiance bathes the ghoul, marking it with a rune promising swift death if it moves.

"Come here, you pathetic excuse for an enemy."
and then whispering:
"Bell, take the potion and step away."

[sblock=Actions]
Move: to N8 around Bell
Standard: Dire radiance vs Ref; Damage; Secondary Damage; Curse (1d20+7=20, 1d6+4=9, 1d6+4=10, 1d6=2)
Damage is radiant and the rolls don't account for any vulnerability. If the ghoul moves closer to Martelai he gets secondary damage. Otherwise total ) 11 + vulnerability
Minor: Offer Bell his potion
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Charina suddenly disappears only to pop up back in sight and loose a bolt that flies embarrassingly wide.

-''Oops. Oh, who cares. I killed Sherryl! Wee!''

[sblock=Actions]
Minor: reload
Move: 3 square south, use the height difference as cover for stealth
Standard: Sly flourish vs Ghoul
Stealth then Sly Flourish vs Ghoul (1d20+15=31, 1d20+11+2=14, 1d10+8+2d6=25)

Great stealth but a lousy natural 1 on the attack. Well, she had to miss at some point. Hopefully some luck will shift back to poor Ghorgor, my other PC!
[/sblock]

Remove ads