Games you want to play but haven't

jcayer

Explorer
In recognition of the thread about games you own, but haven't played, I'm creating the opposite...games you want to play, but don't own, and can't find someone to play with...I want to know what people are interested in.

For me:
Savage Worlds - I'm getting tired of hearing how awesome this is.
Mutants & Masterminds
Traveller

Raven Crowking

First Post
Cubicle 7 Doctor Who RPG. It is an interesting system, but there are some niggling things in the rulebooks that are bothering me. I'd like to have them sorted before running the game.

RC

maddman75

First Post
Savage Worlds is pretty awesome. Its inherantly pulpy, but most things that you'd want to turn into a game are pretty pulpy anyway, so it works for lots of stuff. Playing in a short run game now where the PCs are all monsters, working for the Dark Lord of Darkness. We take on missions like 'bring me the head of the bishop in town' and 'kill this adventuring party but bring me their elves alive'.

The damage system is a little overcomplicated for my taste, but the rest of the system makes up for it. There's a few basic kinds of spells for instance, but you customize them with your Trappings. My mummy wizard for instance melts people's faces with black necrotic energy, while the Huckster I played in Deadlands would flip his deck of cards, cutting into the target like razorblades. Both are the Bolt spell with different trappings. And these do matter beyond flavor - someone with resistance to Dark Magics might be immune to the Mummy's blast for instance, while the cards would work just fine.

Huckster was neat, I had some good trappings for him. He would deal someone a card from the bottom of the deck to boost or lower their stats, or lean down to a wounded ally and pull an ace from their sleeve to heal them. :)

Fun fast game that's adaptable to a lot of settings. Among my plans are a sci-fi game, a zombie outbreak, and I want to use it for a WW2 game using green army men as minis.

For the subject, I would love to play Godlike. WW2, the Allies are nearing victory when beings calling themselves the Norse Gods appear on the battlefield on the side of the Axis. It is only because a single god, Loki, appears that the day is not lost. Soldiers begin developing new powers, and the war rages, with the PCs playing super-powered WW2 fighting Joes.

Slander

Explorer
Another one for Mutant & Masterminds.

Diaspora/SotC has also been on my radar for awhile. And to round out FATE games I won't play, I guess you can add the Dresden Files RPG. I know I won't buy it since I won't be able to play it.

The buzz around Savage Worlds has always intrigued me but I've just never gotten around to checking it out.

Crothian

First Post
Very little. One of my goals each year at Otrigins is to play in games I've never played befrore. This year, like most, I'm playing in three games I've not played before.

I'd like to try a Dark Ages CoC or Dark Ages Vampire. Supernatural would be another one.

Reyemile

First Post
MnM's on my list, too; unfortunately, of the two groups I game with, one is married to Hero (which works fine too) and the other can't handle the complication.

Burning Wheel looked really fun, but has a few things--notably its insane combat system--that kept me from ever actually running it.

Finally, although I just wrapped up a long DnD 4e campaign, and I play occasionally in my LFR group, I still wish I could play more!

Edit: Forgot Legend of the Five Rings. I played the mediocre first edition and cludged through the unplayable-sans-houserules second, but by the time 3rd ed came out and excited me with its newness, the rest of my group was fed up for good.

Last edited:

• Mythus
  • Amber
  • Dying Earth*
  • Trail of Cthulhu*
  • Pendragon
  • Lejendary Adventures*
  • Traveller (Classic or Mongoose)*

* - I've played this, but not enough to get a good feel for it. Maybe one or two sessions, at most.

Wrathamon

Adventurer
Star Wars Saga - we skipped over this one but I always thought it had good ideas and heard great things

Mutants and Masterminds - I played a house ruled 1e but I always wanted to just play the game as intended. Hopefully 3e I'll get a chance.

Riddle of Steel - I'm not a huge fan of dice pool mechanics but I think it might be interesting to play a couple sessions.

Dogs in the Vineyard - I just love the concept and again not a big dice pool fan but the idea of stakes and raises make it interesting. I also love the Town Creation mechanics

My Life with Master - would make for a great one shot

Dragon Age - I liked the video game world. I read a bit about it. The system seems a bit simplistic but I would like to see how it actually plays.

Warhammer 40k Rogue Trader - always loved the world

Remove ads