[LPF] Ryall's Estate

Systole

First Post
"It is being possible. Crab is not normal for forest. But the bad nature-walkers sometime takings strange animals." Daylily ponders this a moment. "Hmmm ... I was think only of more wolf, but we should being cautious."

jbear

First Post
[sblock= Actions]
When we are about 5 minutes from Caan's house Relic will cast Mage armour on himself (lasts 1 hour)

When the house comes into sight Relic suggests that someone should first check hom many viable exits there.

He then shares his idea that perhaps we could gather a bundle of stick, Kazanto could light the bundle at a decent distance to smoke Caan out without destroyin anying of value in the hut. While that is set up he casts Resistance on himself and waits. Then again, that may give him time to prepare himself as well if he doesn't take the bait. So maybe just burning the hut while we prepare actions is another good plan?
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
GM: The clearing is surrounded by thick wood. You know about how much from the maps, but 'within sight' probably wouldn't happen until you were nearly on top of it given the environmental conditions.

A note to spellcasters: Remember that, "To provide a verbal component, you must be able to speak in a strong voice," (source). I'm happy to take as given that the casters know what a reasonably safe distance is for them to cast without having to worry about being overheard, but I do read the above component requirement to mean that, if you're in any kind of Stealth check situation, casting a verbal spell without using the Silent Spell feat effectively kills your Stealth check.

You guys are, of course, welcome to choose one or more folks to play scout for you while you prep at "a safe distance," though. Just let me know who, and what it is they're going to be looking for.

Systole

First Post
OOC: Daylily's preparations are the rage herb and he'll have the BFH in hand. Plus, he'll definitely be on guard for suspicious wildlife, as well as suspicious evil human rangers with composite bows. Assuming Mage Armors are the rest of the preparation, we'll send Q to look around a bit while Daylily, Relic, and Kaz stay in the trees, but close enough to act if anything goes horribly wrong.

Try not to get caught in the open, as he has that funky bow.

EDIT: Posted right on top of you. In that case, I think it's best for Q to be about 60' in front, with Kaz, Relic, and Daylily in a 5 or 10' triangle.

EDIT 2: If we all make it to the clearing without incident, Daylily will take point and go smash the door in?

Last edited:

Qik

First Post
OOC: Makes sense. Let's just say Q. is casting far enough away from the clearing that that casting will have no bearing on the stealth check he'll make when he arrives at that clearing and begins to scope things out. Even if he casts while they're still 10 minutes away from the clearing, that gives him more than enough time to make use of the spell.

Not sure if we're clear and good up to the clearing, so I'll refrain from posting in character. I'll roll two stealth rolls for when I'm making my way towards the clearing, and when I'm scoping it out. Ideally, I'll gather as much info as I can and report back to the troops.

1d20+5=16, 1d20+5=25

Ooo, a natural 20 - guess that means I can sneak into the house and kill Caan in his sleep? :)

jkason

First Post
OOC: Not sure if we're clear and good up to the clearing, so I'll refrain from posting in character. I'll roll two stealth rolls for when I'm making my way towards the clearing, and when I'm scoping it out. Ideally, I'll gather as much info as I can and report back to the troops.

GM: Unless there were other stops you guys wanted to make before getting there, I don't see a need to force any other RP on the way there. I've been holding off posting the cut scene to get you there until your plans seemed firmed up.

Given the lengthy travel times it's taken to get much of anywhere for the party so far, the walk to the game preserve is both quick and uneventful. Once again cobbles fall away for dirt paths, and soon the impressively thick forest which once belonged to House Gabbiano looms before the party.

As agreed, they stop well short of where the map indicates the clearing should be, everyone making him or herself as ready as possible before Quioan moves forward to scout and the others make final preparations.

GM: I'm going to hold off the scouting post until tomorrow, so IVV has time to post any additional prep Kazanto may want to take / use on Quioan.

OOC: Ooo, a natural 20 - guess that means I can sneak into the house and kill Caan in his sleep? :)

GM: Looking to make a big alignment shift, are you? ;)

Remove ads