D&D 5E Not in the DMG

"Stated model" is going a bit far. It's what Princes of the Apocalypse is, sure, but that doesn't mean there won't be yearly hardback books or magazines or other standalone adventures or anything. There's not enough data to extrapolate any kind of ongoing model yet.
Which is very smart on their part. I know that if they have no intention of releasing sourcebooks and only intend to focus on AP/modules, I'll simply move on and stop buying their products. The longer they keep on being ambiguous, the longer they have my intention.

mcbobbo

Explorer
Also, as far as 4E stuff goes (and this includes the Forgotten Realms setting), They've seem to completely ditched it and are telling people to "move on" and ignore it all, which is fine by me. They seem to have incorporated everything that was interesting and worked in 4E anyway.

How do you figure they ditched Forgotten Realms? I'm trying to play catch up over here and you're telling me I don't need to do that? Why? Both the Starter and Tiamat product lines were FR, and I believe the Next PDFs are as well (though I don't own any yet).

jbear

First Post
I think he means they 'ditched' the Spellplague cataclysm and the return of the 'forgotten realm' that 4e brought to the FR, not that WotC ditched the FR whole hog.

What is going to be in the DMG should be fairly apparent from the contents page sneak peak, shouldn't it?

As to what may or may not be released in the future, although we don't know anything concrete I think WotC has given at least a few clues. For example the photos inside WotC headquarters they shared fairly recently, one with a comment about 'Oh what's that greyhawk book doing there on my desk' or something to that effect.

I think they will release adventure paths as they have said, within the iconic D&D campaign worlds. They may release accompanying campaign world books of some sort. And if the very pointed comment tagged on the aforementioned photo is anything to go by, my guess is the next campaign world on their list is going to be Greyhawk.

I place my flag in the sand.

Erifnogard

First Post
As to what may or may not be released in the future, although we don't know anything concrete I think WotC has given at least a few clues. For example the photos inside WotC headquarters they shared fairly recently, one with a comment about 'Oh what's that greyhawk book doing there on my desk' or something to that effect.

I think they will release adventure paths as they have said, within the iconic D&D campaign worlds. They may release accompanying campaign world books of some sort. And if the very pointed comment tagged on the aforementioned photo is anything to go by, my guess is the next campaign world on their list is going to be Greyhawk.

I place my flag in the sand.
Given that the next AP deals with Elemental Evil and that Temple of Elemental Evil has always been a Greyhawk thing I don't even think this is a stretch, heck I'ld say it's a given.

Remove ads