• Umberless, goddess of the sea

Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Valkur, Northlander god of sailors

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Waukeen, goddess of trade

Votes: 6 8.7%

Wiseblood

Adventurer
I would have picked Gilgeam (Gilgamesh) because of the awesomeness of his beard. I opted for Bhaal because he left me a nifty throne and demiplane.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Shaundakul
Ever since he became the patron god of my 2e ranger.

I picked Shaundakul as one of my favorites as well ... but it was because my (AD&D 2ed) Cleric of Mask pretended to be a Cleric of Shaundakul to join the party without them knowing he was evil.

(It was okay, the players knew. And he was "petty evil" that fit well with the "we have a good reputation because we do all these heroic things but we're really neutral out-for-glory-and-gold" party.)

Tyr’s been my favorite since 1e, being the deity of my cleric back in those days. Being cribbed from the Norse pantheon is also a plus.

Runner-up for me would be Auril. Frost deities are just cool. I would’ve picked Oghma, but an obnoxious player of a cleric of Oghma soured me on that deity. Dude couldn’t even get Oghma’s name right, most of the time saying “Oghmata,” no matter how many times I corrected him.

Tyr, because he was stolen inspired by the Norse pantheon. Gotta support my ancestors!

Henry

Autoexreginated
I've always had an affinity for Helm. I'm one of those weirdoes who loved playing Clerics, even back in the 1st edition AD&D days, and Helm always struck me as the quintessential cleric god (along with St. Cuthbert for Greyhawk.) There's something about the devotion to duty I've always admired, and I note he was the only deity whom Ao found worthy of retaining divine status during the Time of Troubles, and set him as guardian against the gods returning after they were cast down, a duty which he fulfilled even though it pained him to do so. I always felt he got a bad rap in the fallout from Mystra's death...

My first cleric I ever played was an AD&D 1e cleric of Helm, and I always remember playing him fondly.

Tymora is the other deity from FR I like most, just because she is the quintessential god of adventurers. It could be said that Cayden Cailean from Pathfinder Golarion is the "Tymora" of Golarion -- she was the archetype for the 'adventuring deity.'

gyor

Legend
She's back to Bast, though, since Zandilar's back.

She was always able to assume the form of Zandilar, she never stop being Zandilar as well, as worshipped by the Elves.

It could be argued the MTOFs really only touched on Zandilar's pre Shares past, not her present, and even the Sharess form really only applies to FR, on other worlds Zandilar and Bast and Felidae are seperate Gods.

gyor

Legend
I picked Shaundakul as one of my favorites as well ... but it was because my (AD&D 2ed) Cleric of Mask pretended to be a Cleric of Shaundakul to join the party without them knowing he was evil.

(It was okay, the players knew. And he was "petty evil" that fit well with the "we have a good reputation because we do all these heroic things but we're really neutral out-for-glory-and-gold" party.)

I like the new Mask better then the old Mask, because this Mask had better writing thanks to Paul S. Kemp.

Remove ads