Character Submission Thread

GlassEye

Adventurer
Hmm, while we are talking about crafting I have a question. Can you still craft items by only buying material components? Or do u need to pay full price for the items?

Sorry, no crafting, no price-break. You pay full price for items. There is an exception for alchemists but that doesn't kick in until 18th level and the character still has to pay full price for the item.

Systole

First Post
Quick reminder that Harkoz is still waiting for approval.

a. Reformatted a bunch of stuff. Nothing major. Broke out your Perception roll into finding hidden based on your racial.
b. Your raven familiar doesn't have any stats. This is only a big deal if you're planning on sending it into combat. However, it should have a name and you should note which language it speaks.
c. You get the benefits of the Alertness feat when your familiar is within arm's reach.
d. Fixed your carrying capacity.
e. Spend more money. You can afford a couple of emergency scrolls or an emergency heal potion.
f. I have NO idea how to read your memorized spells. You should have 1 base + 2 INT + 1 arcane school, for a total of 4, one of which must be Conjuration. Please fix this.

F needs to be fixed, but otherwise the sheet is good to go. First APPROVAL of two.

Systole

First Post
Don't mean to be a bother, but if I could get somebody to take a look at http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Boris_Beardscorcher_(vmaaxt), I'd be might appreciative. Thanks.

a. Formatted stuff.
b. Changed Throwing Axe attack modifier from STR to DEX.
c. I don't mean to sound like an ass, but please don't try to be funny clever when filling out your character sheet. The judges have enough stuff to look through, and it's way easier on us if that information is right there and we don't have to work for it.
d. Equipment looks funny to me. You have two dwarven waraxes (one on horse and one on Boris). Please double-check.
e. Replaced pack saddle with saddlebags. Pack saddle means that the horse can't bear a rider at the same time.
f. If you are indeed going to keep that level of encumbrance for Boris, please remember that dwarves are not slowed down by extra encumbrance, but they do still take skill penalities for it. Boris would be at -3.
g. I'm honestly a little confused as to how Boris is going to enter combat. It looks like waraxe in one hand, bombs or throwing axes in the other, which makes me wonder why you'd bring an earthbreaker, which is a 2H. If you want to stick with the two-fisted approach, it seems like a warhammer would serve you better.

Please confirm your equipment choices before approval. Otherwise, he's pretty much okay.

EDIT: Also added the 'Awaiting Approval' tag to Boris, so that he shows up in the Awiting Approval section.

Systole

First Post
@SK

a) I missed that, so I pulled Charming and replaced it with Courageous.
b) I got ahead of myself, I think. Extra feat has been removed.
c) Trying to figure out the familiar's skills was confusing. I was using "For each skill in which either the master or the familiar has ranks, use either the normal skill ranks for an animal of that type or the master's skill ranks, whichever is better." while working the skills.
e) Thanks! I did not see the alternate cantrips section.

Reviewing Dame Sienna Morrogrim
a. Various reformattings.
b. Your skill section was a mess and seems to have dated from an earlier character build. Fixed a lot of ability modifiers.
c. Scion of Humanity isn't going to work. Aasimar in LPF are not native outsiders, but rather humanoids, so this alternate racial doesn't do anything. (Note to judges: We should probably note this on the wiki.)

C is a dealbreaker and needs to get fixed. My brain burned out before I finished, but skimming the rest, it looked okay. No promises, though.

Hang on, might be wrong about this.

Last edited:

Triskaideka

First Post
a. Reformatted a bunch of stuff. Nothing major. Broke out your Perception roll into finding hidden based on your racial.
b. Your raven familiar doesn't have any stats. This is only a big deal if you're planning on sending it into combat. However, it should have a name and you should note which language it speaks.
c. You get the benefits of the Alertness feat when your familiar is within arm's reach.
d. Fixed your carrying capacity.
e. Spend more money. You can afford a couple of emergency scrolls or an emergency heal potion.
f. I have NO idea how to read your memorized spells. You should have 1 base + 2 INT + 1 arcane school, for a total of 4, one of which must be Conjuration. Please fix this.

F needs to be fixed, but otherwise the sheet is good to go. First APPROVAL of two.

a. Thank you muchly, that's much better.
b. I may use him in combat. Does the wiki have any preset tables for entering Familiar stats? Doing it all by hand seems daunting.
c. Thank you again.
d. And again.
e. I haven't chosen anything yet but I'll take a look. I may just get scrolls for him to scribe into his spellbook later.
f. I was under the mistaken belief that he had access to bonus spell slots above what he could normally cast, which is most certainly not the case. I removed these and added the + 1 spell from his arcane school.

EDIT: I also added his School powers under his Class Features table.

Last edited:

Triskaideka

First Post
Alright, I did a little extra work on Harkoz, mainly in the realm of putting in a stat block for his familiar. Hopefully what I entered works. Beyond that, I'm using a placeholder for his deity until my proposal is either approved or denied.

Satin Knights

First Post
Looking over Harkoz:
a) I cleaned up the skills for the familiar, marking the ones earned from the master vs. the familiar's own skill points. The Bestiary also lists final totals, not baseline ranks. So, a lot of numbers changed for the familiar.
b) Skills without ranks spent in them do not get the class bonus. I fixed several cases of that on the familiar. I put in the * marker instead of 3 for the column to make it more apparent.
c) If the wizard shifts his skill points around a bit, he can take advantage of the familiar getting his class bonuses. Perception and Stealth are two skills that could benefit if the wizard spent points in them, the familiar gets a +4 effective bonus.
d) Traits: You can only have one trait from a group. Currently, you have two from the Magic group, so one of them has to be swapped out.
e) Read page 148 of the APG for the Teleportation subschool for the Conjurer. Take it. That option is too good for you to miss it.
f) Read Alternative Cantrips. You can swap some of those spells in for your base cantrips.
g) You can use a longsword. Carry one. Appearance wise, you no longer are a squishy mage. A half-orc ranger looks like a melee threat. Mage, not so much. Damage wise, you can do significantly better with it than a dagger.
h) Improved Init is a shaky choice for PbP games. It depends on the particular GM as to how well you get the surprise round action. Once you get into the regular rounds, many games are "good guys go", then "bad guys go" as groups. This allows a faster posting rate as anyone can post during the good guys portion without waiting on other party members. But, those that rely on acting first don't get as much benefit as a table top game. So, if you have a strong second choice feat, you may want to go with it.
i) I also tweaked a lot of formatting too.

So, more work to do. But so far, looking good.

Remove ads