Kids D&D Intro Books: Young Adventurer's Guides

I've mentioned them before, but this is the first look at the covers of these Young Adventurer's Guides to D&D. There are also two more listed, Dungeons & Tombs, and Wizards & Spells, which don't have covers yet. Well, they probably do, but they're not viewable yet. These are by the same folks who published Art & Arcana last year.

I've mentioned them before, but this is the first look at the covers of these Young Adventurer's Guides to D&D. There are also two more listed, Dungeons & Tombs, and Wizards & Spells, which don't have covers yet. Well, they probably do, but they're not viewable yet. These are by the same folks who published Art & Arcana last year.

9781984856401.jpg
9781984856425.jpg

dave2008

Legend
Are these rules specifically for younger players? If so I will definitely pick these up for my daughter. Shes still a little too young but I'm eating her into the game.

No I don't think so and [MENTION=59082]Mercurius[/MENTION] backs that up based on what Amazon has posted.

FYI, my 4 & 6 year old sons and their friends were able to pick up D&D without simplifying the game or a D&D light for kids version. I don't know the age of your daughters but I wouldn't be surprised if they could handle it. Also, there have been a couple of threads on these forums with advice for playing D&D with young children. You might want to check them out.

Mercurius

Legend
Hmm. I just checked out the amazon page and was really surprised to see that they included Demogorgon in it.

Well, he is the 5th Kewlest Thing Evar, behind only Bruce Lee, the Balrog, light sabers, and ninjas, just ahead of katanas and Boba Fett.

But yeah, demons and such...bold move, I guess, but different era.

In the end, though, I'm guessing that the real demographic for these books are geek parents who hope to indoctrinate their children.

Remove ads

Remove ads