2018 Pogre's Miniatures and Models - A BIG finish to the year with The Wizard's Tower!

pogre

Legend
How I love Otherworld. I just wish they were more readily available in the States. Though mail order from the UK isn't that bad. Noble Knight will have some but very spotty.

Badger Games is where I got the Otherworld stuff from.
Badger Games - Otherworld miniatures

I met the folks from Badger at this year's Little Wars Gaming convention in Chicago. They did not bring a lot of Otherworlds to the convention (it is mostly historicals), but said to check them out online. I did and made an order.

The nice thing is they have an in-stock/out of stock indicator. Right now they seem to have more in-stock than anyone else in the U.S.

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
Badger Games is where I got the Otherworld stuff from.
Badger Games - Otherworld miniatures

I met the folks from Badger at this year's Little Wars Gaming convention in Chicago. They did not bring a lot of Otherworlds to the convention (it is mostly historicals), but said to check them out online. I did and made an order.

The nice thing is they have an in-stock/out of stock indicator. Right now they seem to have more in-stock than anyone else in the U.S.

You the man. I will check them out! Keep putting up the great pics.

pogre

Legend
A couple of Dryads. The first free form and the second bound to a tree.

mini_88_nymph_01.jpeg

Dryad in tree:

mini_89_nymph_01.jpeg
mini_89_nymph_02.jpeg
mini_89_nymph_03.jpeg

Miniatures completed in 2018: 88

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
Glad a stumbled across the thread, amazing work! How did the mammoth and giant adventure go as I would have been amazed if I was at the table and someone placed that combo on the table.

Last question, maybe I missed it in the painting set up picture but what kind of sealant do you use?

pogre

Legend
Glad a stumbled across the thread, amazing work! How did the mammoth and giant adventure go as I would have been amazed if I was at the table and someone placed that combo on the table.

Last question, maybe I missed it in the painting set up picture but what kind of sealant do you use?
Thanks!

BadFruul gets dropped on the table a week from Saturday at a small local con called MageCon. I just got done packing the first adventure I am running - a decent sized dungeon. I'm running three games and I am bringing a TON of luggage! ;)

I am a big fan of Testor's Model Master Lusterless (Flat). It is a super matte finish. So much so that occasionally I have to touch up shiny bits like armor, weapons, tongues, etc. It is not a super high endurance finish however. For some frequently handled miniatures I will start with a layer of gloss and follow with a couple layers of Lusterless (Flat). It will dull pigments slightly.

The best finishes, like Daler Rowney varnish, are applied with an airbrush. Sadly, my access to an airbrush is very limited right now since I had to give up my spray area.

I bet that was a longer answer than you wanted! :)

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
Thanks for the response! I've been painting since the late 80s but until recently started sealing them, resulting in a few minis that needed touch ups or almost whole repainted...then sealed this time. I've been using Armory and Army painter sealers but was curious what others were using so I appreciate the detailed response :)

pogre

Legend
2 Mordenheim Mercenaries & Some Carts

A couple of old Mordheim Mercenaries:
mini_91_mercenary_01.jpeg
mini_91_mercenary_02.jpeg

mini_90_mercenary_01.jpeg
mini_90_mercenary_02.jpeg

Four carts I made for use with the Adventure League The Black Road in tandem with the camels I painted:
mini_92_carts.jpeg

Miniatures painted in 2018: 94

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
So Pogre how much do you have set aside for the upcoming DF kickstarter? I'm thinking of finally getting something.

How are the Bulldogs looking for the upcoming season?

pogre

Legend
So Pogre how much do you have set aside for the upcoming DF kickstarter? I'm thinking of finally getting something.
I went mad on the last kickstarter - $4K+. However, I have not gotten all of my stuff in from it and I am frustrated they are starting another kickstarter before having delivered the last one. The current trade policy/war with China has me nervous too - I think it has the potential to cause BIG problems for this KS. With all that in mind, assuming there are some pieces I MUST HAVE - I plan on keeping it under $1K. Possibly, well under that number. I passed on the castle KS a while ago, because it just did not seem functional to me and I already have a usable castle that I made with Hirst Arts. I'm not really a collector - the stuff has to be usable for the game.

How are the Bulldogs looking for the upcoming season?
We have talent, but not numbers. Injuries could cause us much bigger problems than usual this year. We're in the middle of our last summer camp. Official practice starts August 6th and I will largely disappear from here until November.

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
Well the next one is up, I just don't think I get the bang for my buck for that compared to Dungeonstone, which I rarely use compared to the mondomat in any event. So I think its a skipper, looks nice but I'm not sure I'd get the variability I'd need for such an investment.

Remove ads