Official D&D Errata Updated (Nov 2018)

Monster Manual: http://media.wizards.com/2018/dnd/downloads/Mm-Errata.pdf DMG: http://media.wizards.com/2018/dnd/downloads/DMG-Errata.pdf

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
So your saying the threads of peeps debting whether it works with shields or just overrides them is just silly? I think it definately could have been written better.

People argue over a lot of things, even if the meaning is 100% clear. (Not saying that this is 100% clear, but the point remains.)

In the case of Barkskin, it seems clear to me. Is your AC less than 16 (including shield and other bonuses) before the spell is cast? If so, your new AC for the duration of the spell is 16. If not, keep your existing AC.

mrpopstar

Sparkly Dude
Found some instances where the errata needs errata:

1) The Bard's Magical Secrets errata points to page 50, but the text (in my book at least) is on page 54.

2) The original errata for the find steed spell ("Appearing in an unoccupied space within range, the steed takes on a form that you choose ...") has (accidentally?) been removed.
Send a message to the powers that be!

mrpopstar

Sparkly Dude
The lack of document outline makes navigating the basic rules document an exercise in pure misery.

I must scroll all the way back to the beginning of the document for the table of contents?

Whyyyy!?

:(

Li Shenron

Legend
People argue over a lot of things, even if the meaning is 100% clear. (Not saying that this is 100% clear, but the point remains.)

In the case of Barkskin, it seems clear to me. Is your AC less than 16 (including shield and other bonuses) before the spell is cast? If so, your new AC for the duration of the spell is 16. If not, keep your existing AC.

What about cover?

Dessert Nomad

Adventurer
What about cover?

Azzy's description of the spell that you responded to is incorrect; the spell doesn't actually have any timing restriction, and operates continuously. A correct rephrasing is "Calculate your AC using any bonuses you wish. This includes class features, armor, shields, dexterity, feats, natural armor, cover, magic items, and bonuses that I didn't think of. While this spell is in effect, if the result of your AC calculation is less than 16, then the spell raises your AC to 16. If it is equal to or greater than 16, then the spell has no effect". It's a really simply spell, people just spend a lot of effort trying to make it complicated. While it's running, your AC is either 16 or whatever it's calculated to be by normal means, whichever is better.

Remove ads

Remove ads