GAME OF THRONES SEASON 8--Final Run-- Part 6---THE END

Joker

First Post
So did Bran basically plan all this from the start?

I think he's like a super computer and sees a lot of different possible paths at once. He then tries to steer people in the right direction for the best outcome, taking into account how people's actions might change if he tells them anything.
But that's just how I choose to see it. The makers of the show have been uncomfortable with the magic elements from the get go. So we don't really know how Bran's powers work.

pukunui

Legend
I was not entirely convinced by some of the choices in the final moments of Game of Thrones' floor routine. Some of the moves were not well-rehearsed and were therefore poorly executed. But, boy, did they stick the landing!

Zardnaar

Legend
The big unresolved question though is...

What is Brans tax policy now he had the Iron Chair?

They have a fleet, sewage system and brothels to rebuild.

Joker

First Post
The running theme throughout the final season was the distinctive lack of continuity. Things that happened in previous episodes had very little bearing on the following episode/s.

The Red Keep falls on Jaime and Cersei in the previous episode, and in the final we discover it was just a couple of well-placed bricks that hit them. If they'd moved 5 steps to the left they'd have been fine. Arya rides away from the direction of the Red Keep in the previous episode, but then this episode begins there, with her there. Where was she riding to? From a writing viewpoint, what was the point of the horse? The season is full of continuity blunders large and small. The end of the Dothraki, nope here they are. The power of the scorpions, gone. Jaime decides to stay north, nope going south.

It's the main criticism of the show, I reckon, that the pacing is so very off. I think it was Mallory and Jason from The Ringer (great website) who said it seems like David and David had an ending in mind and back-tracked (traced) a story from that point. Sort of like how you come up with a backcronym. You come up with a word ironically related to the project and try to decide what the letters stand for, often in a convoluted way.

It's unfortunate that the writing falls short of the work the actors and crew have put it. The visuals are really stunning. So is the wardrobe and the set design.

I can appreciate those things and the vast majority of the series but I'm somewhat deflated after this sub-par season.

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
tumblr_npm7ptLNvF1qb50lco1_r1_400.gif

Daario Naharis be like: "So wait, am I the king of The Bay of Dragons now?"

Zardnaar

Legend
My favorite reaction.
Today Brock Lesnar won the money in the bank briefcase without being entered in the match. Still makes more sense than this episode.

Joker

First Post
I do want to give a special shout out to Emilia Clarke for really bringing her A-game. I can easily believe the logic of her madness.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases