Two New Settings For D&D This Year

if it comes out this year i would agree with you. Possibly published by a third party company that has a good reputation (Green Ronin etc) However if it’s coming next year I would stake all the money in my pockets that it will be a Curse of Strahd style book. Campaign with background and new monsters etc. Curse of Strahd was too successful not to repeat!

if it comes out this year i would agree with you. Possibly published by a third party company that has a good reputation (Green Ronin etc)

However if it’s coming next year I would stake all the money in my pockets that it will be a Curse of Strahd style book. Campaign with background and new monsters etc. Curse of Strahd was too successful not to repeat!

Mercurius

Legend
How about this: The Rod of Seven Parts, which each part in a different campaign world. The central glyph is Sigil, and the seven surrounding glyphs are different settings and locations of parts.

Yaarel

He Mage
Heh, the designers are pretty much like, you can have as many new settings as you want, as long as they are all exactly like Forgotten Realms.

You heard it here first

You heard it here first! The upcoming WotC book may very well feature...

• The Dream World of Symslvch...the setting of the Hebrew-language Basic D&D modules.
  • Pelinore...the setting of D&D UK's Imagine magazine.
  • The Empire of Izmer...the setting of the first two D&D Movies (the third was set in Nerath).
  • The Realm of the Kids...the setting of the D&D Animated Series.
  • The Kingdom of Ghyr...the setting of the LJN AD&D action figures.
  • Thunder Rift...the setting of the Classic D&D black box set and module line.
  • The Vale...the setting of the 1999 D&D Starter Set and modules.
  • Nerath...the setting of 4E.
  • The unnamed setting of the D&D Endless Quest and HeartQuest gamebooks.
  • Council of Wyrms...a setting for dragon PCs from 2e.
  • Jakandor...a setting of barbarians versus wizards from 2e.
  • Land of Arir...quasi-Arabian setting from I9: Day of Al-Akbar for 2e.
  • Ghostwalk…setting for ghost PCS for 3e.
  • Kolhapur...quasi-Asian Indian setting from The Star of Kolhapur for 1e.
  • Kingdom of Karawenn...setting of the First Quest D&D novels.
  • Islandia...vaporware setting announced for Classic D&D.
  • Pharagos, Aquela, Imperium Romanum, Night, Petroyeska, Mahasarpa…settings designed by James Wyatt which were featured in DRAGON and POLYHEDRON magazines, or in a WotC web enhancment (Mahasarpa).
  • Alusia…the setting of TSR's DragonQuest RPG
  • Greyhawk 2000.
  • Wonderland…from the 1e crossovers with Alice in Wonderland.
  • The settings of the standalone TSR novels, such as Jewels of the Elvish.
  • Urt...the setting of the BECMI D&D boxed sets, which was drastically revised to become the new (different) setting of Mystara. (Urt is said to be the Jurassic past of Earth. In contrast, Mystara is said to be in a different dimension than Earth. Urt's geography matches the Master Set map vs. Mystara's geography discounted that map in the Voyage of Princess Ark series. They have different cosmologies: Gold Box Immortals rules for Urt versus Wrath of the Immortals for Mystara).
  • Aerth, Uerth, and Yarth: alternate Oerths.
  • D&D Earth….the setting of various D&D crossovers (e.g. Wizards Three) and the location of various TSR RPGS (Boot Hill, Gangbusters, Top Secret), Masque of the Red Death, and d20 Modern Campaign Models.
Yep, you heard it hear first. ;-)

Sources:
Logos of the D&D worlds
Atlas of the D&D Worlds
Genre Books

Last edited by a moderator:

Mercurius

Legend
Wow, so you're saying it will essentially be the Book of Forgotten Settings? That's a step away from the Forgotten Realms, I suppose.

Wow, so you're saying it will essentially be the Book of Forgotten Settings? That's a step away from the Forgotten Realms, I suppose.

haha...yes...sources close to some D&D staffers* suggest as much...you heard it here first.

*(Okay, well, the source of this leak lives on the same planet as several D&D staffers.)

Staffan

Legend
Hmm... Interesting. :hmm:

View attachment 98150

I guess the one that I've marked as Ravenloft could also be Birthright, but I don't think it would come second in the video. Also, the Greyhawk/Nerath and Eberron guesses could be switched. The third one that appears looks a lot like the Eberron logo from the 3E era books.

I associated the one you've marked as Mystara with Eberron, because of its many moons and "orrery-style" cosmology.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
I associated the one you've marked as Mystara with Eberron, because of its many moons and "orrery-style" cosmology.
And when I first looked at it, I thought maybe Dragonlance because of the 3 circles that look like they could be the three moons of magic.

The reason I think that one is Mystara is that it has two axis. One from the time of Blackmoor and then the axial tilt after the Blackmoorian explosion that shifted the world. The two opening are the entries into the Hollow World and the 'inner planet' is actually the 'interior star' of the Hollow World.

I'm definitely thinking the one marked as Greyhawk or Nerath is for Eberron. This means it appears 3rd during the video, which makes sense if the 'sigils' are appearing in order of prominence for the settings (FR and Ravenloft are one, two, and Eberron is third). I had originally thought it was meant to represent the Outlands and Sigil but not I'm fairly certain that that central spire is meant to be Sharn.

That would mean that the one I listed as Eberron is likely Greyhawk. The four planets represent the four axis of alignment and the triangles might represent the Inner Planes. I dunno. I'm just guessing.

The central sigil has to be Planescape and/or Spelljammer. The three lines represent the Rule of Three and the single line where they meet is the Spire of the Outlands. The line that crosses them might refer to the Outlands or the Outer Planes, in general, or perhaps it is the Astral Sea.

The Dark Sun one is obvious.

I think the one i marked as Dragonlance is meant to be a banner, as someone already noted. However, I originally saw it as a stylized spelljamming Mind Flayer nautiloid or perhaps the Spelljammer itself. But I think the flowing banner is more likely.

And I now think the second one is definitely Ravenloft. It's a stylized version of the part of the classic Ravenloft logo that points down. It doesn't seem very Birthright to me. If so, that means Birthright is left out in the cold.

Last edited by a moderator:

CapnZapp

Legend
If they really were going to hit the "hardcore" fans, they could do so and really piss a lot of people off at the same time by giving us Al-Qadim and Kara-Tur.

An Arabian styled setting and an Asian styled setting... and yet both of them are still Forgotten Realms. LOL! We'd get a whole morass of people freaking out that we when we get all new campaign settings we still aren't leaving Abeir-Toril. ;)
Those people that get pissed off by the Realms do get pissed off a lot lately

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads