D&D 5E [5e] Witcher: Mother of Monsters

Azurewraith

Explorer
The idea of a Squirrel scout among the Free Elves of the Blue Mountains fits really well with the party's current location at the edge of Dol Blathanna, the Valley of Flowers.

Basically, they've brought the NPC Odvara (a half-elven source) to the elves of Dol Blathanna for tutoring. However, they learn that the elves won't come to the village of Posada to meet because there is someone called "Old Nan the Hag" keeping them at bay.

One possibility is your PC, who doesn't abide by the Queen of Dol Blathanna's laws - being a Free Elf / Squirrel, somehow becomes a point of contact for the rest of the party. Like a guide through the magic that shrouds Dol Blathanna. Or seeking to disprove the elven superstitions around "Old Nan the Hag" (the elves would have another name for her).

Just some late night thoughts.
I like your early morning musings. Gives a reason to be initially and more importantly a need to be. He could then stay with the group watching the witchers work trying to learn what he can and maybe even cozy up to one and try gain some formal training so when he does finally leave a mark on the world he will be ready both body and mind for his horrific death.

Quickleaf

Legend
I like your early morning musings. Gives a reason to be initially and more importantly a need to be. He could then stay with the group watching the witchers work trying to learn what he can and maybe even cozy up to one and try gain some formal training so when he does finally leave a mark on the world he will be ready both body and mind for his horrific death.

Yeah, let's develop that. You with your character, me with the world-building. There may be some rolls I have you do (not for a lifepath, but specific to the adventure). Look over the character making stuff in the first post too, and let me know if you find a playbook (from Beyond the Wall) intriguing and I can send it your way. You said "scout", which made me think you might be leaning toward ranger. I'm find with you using the scout variant I created, the PHB ranger, or any of the material Wizards of the Coast is playtesting as well.

Azurewraith

Explorer
Yeah, let's develop that. You with your character, me with the world-building. There may be some rolls I have you do (not for a lifepath, but specific to the adventure). Look over the character making stuff in the first post too, and let me know if you find a playbook (from Beyond the Wall) intriguing and I can send it your way. You said "scout", which made me think you might be leaning toward ranger. I'm find with you using the scout variant I created, the PHB ranger, or any of the material Wizards of the Coast is playtesting as well.

I was looking at your scout but then the ua ranger was tasty. I'll mull it over for 10mins while feeding the sprogs. If I remember correctly there was a ranger book from beyond the wall? Could be wrong the caffeine hasn't been fully absorbed into my blood stream yet

Quickleaf

Legend
Ok quick question I'm planning on playing a Bm would it be possible to be a scout using the beast conclave as the archetype?

Yes, that's fine. Only change would be that my Scout's 5th level extra attack would be replaced by the Beast Conclave's 5th level coordinated attack. Other than that, the levels the subclass grants features lines up exactly with the Scout's.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Elora is the Swiss Army knife caster? I don't really know, she hasn't done much spell stuff in-game.

Yeah, that was purposeful - though there hasn't been much reason up until now.

She's actually hard to put a name on - she's got healing, medicine, restoration, she can see the future and read thoughts, she used to be her village's "wise woman" doling out spells and charms and medicine and delivering babies, that sort of thing.

Azurewraith

Explorer
Ok I have a rough skeleton sorted, won't be able to commit to anything today got the midshift at work(cleaning up the mornings mess and making sure the night shift can't fail) then family invading my home. Tomorrow my schedule is pretty much free so I should be able to have a fully functioning character ready to go. [MENTION=20323]Quickleaf[/MENTION] if you could shoot me a link to elven ranger beyond the wall I'll have a look through the life paths.

The gist of what I have so far is
Joined up with the scoia'tael at a young age. Why not there fighting for our rights against the oppressors.
Quickly trained as a scout due to his attention to detail and keen eyes. One scouting trip found an injured(insert companion here undecided on what) being tormented by some Nilf soliders. The orders where simple scout the area and avoid contact especially with the blue stripes... these were Nilfs not blue stripes... they sold us out.... helmets open aswel...that poor creature... fish In a barrel.
Nursed the beast back to health it began following him around. Why not keep it around,could be useful.
As he became older the fury that pushed him to join the Scoia'tael turned to wisdom he could see now they where fighting for the sake of fighting not for rights but for hatred. So he stole away to dol blathana to see what this great elven kingdom really looked like.

Subject to change ofc could be a flower girl from Berlin sucked into a video game by tomorrow.

Remove ads