• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

1001 worst character types

1. Priestly Prositute: He was a Lawful or Chaotic Good Crusader of Tymora who's most famous quote was, "If you give me some money for my temple, I'll give you some love." He considered all women to be automatically unarmed. Absolute idiot.
2. 4 Star General Stupid Druid: She had an assortment of animal compainions. They included a pig-sized goldfish who's sheer destructive power rivaled the gods, a 30 foot mobile statue of the Egyptian cat goddess Bast, a floating flaming skull named Skeleton (named by the druid, of course), a retarded Nightmare, and a ranger cat-girl. All at fouteenth level. Absolutely unbalanced idiot.
3. Oriental Druid: See 4 Star General Stupid Druid.
4. Guy Who Sold His Soul Both to An Eryines and to a Succubus: See Priestly Prositute.
This was in second Edition. This was in Faerûn. Fighting the Red Wizards of Thay.

Aaron L

Hero
The complete opposite of everything about your race, just because you feel lke it. I've had some many lawful neutral elves weilding crossbows for no reason other than contrariness, and chaotic neutral dawrves out the wazoo. It's fine to be unique and stand out, but Ive gotten seen so many people playing WEIRDOs just for the sake of weirdness that it turns my stomach.

Bront

The man with the probe
Crothian said:
THe CN whatever just becasue the players thinks that saying the character is CN is an excuse for anything
People keep on saying this, yet I never see it as an issue in any of the games I've played.

Aeric

Explorer
Bront said:
People keep on saying this, yet I never see it as an issue in any of the games I've played.

Count yourself lucky, then.

Adding to the list, I had a dwarven barbarian (CN of the aforementioned type), a LN elven monk with an 8 Intelligence, a sorcerer/cleric with a chicken familiar, and a human determined to be the first non-elven arcane archer. All of this in a game that was supposed to be a spy/espionage campaign. You can lead a horse to water, I guess.

Arrond Hess

First Post
Bront said:
Aye.. count yourself lucky on this one. Don't think I'll soon forget the CN we had that TPK'd the party because of a practical joke. :confused:

Back onto the OP querie...

A Lawful-Good (lite) paladin who has no problem about looking the other way.
"So, let me get this straight. You got into a bar-room fight and killed a couple of other patrons and the bouncer... No worries, we'll just keep you out of sight until things blow over." :D

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
I'll add to the chorus--you're lucky. I enforce alignment shifts strictly enough to prevent this from happening to me, but I had the misfortune of playing a Neutral Good character in a party comprised of an insane player trying and failing to play a paladin and then a bunch of Chaotic Neutral characters that were using CN as an excuse to be CE. It was a real issue, requiring my character to use Enchantment magic on the rest of the party among other things because the GM forced us to adventure together with a plot device (otherwise my character would have certainly left in disgust).

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
  • !@#$ing El Disgusto Uber Ninja in any game other than Ninja Burger.

• Elven Blade Singer (Note that is merely a cleverly disguised El Disgusto Ninja).

• The slapstick character in an otherwise serious camapign (a common variation of the below).

• The Grief Maker (the character designed specfically to confrom to everything that a campaign is not, as spelled out by the DM prior to the start of that campaign). 'I know we were supposed to make Swords & Sorcery fantasy characters, but instead I came up with this cool full-borg conversion anthro-rabbit with a magical wenus who works as a travelling clown!'

Last edited:

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
the bisexual halfling nymphomaniac with cha 18 and enormous breasts invariably played by a 14 yr old male geek (seen alot online)

the dumb (low Int), offensive (Low Cha) Orc barbarian hulk (Str 20+ and high Con)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads