• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

1001 worst character types

KenM

Banned
Banned
Rystil Arden said:
'Lawful Neutral' Elf Wizard who makes pacts with demons, devils, and Bel Lord of the First, send thousands of elven souls to the Abyss by summoning demons in the elven soul grove, sacrifices a high-level Neutral Good cleric's soul to Lolth, sacrifices a virgin Vow of Chastity monk girl's soul to Grazz't, steals 1 million gold pieces in gold and items from the party, attacks a dragon on his own for more gold and dies, but gets his Erinyes companion to retrieve his soul from the dragon's possession with a fake contract to give the soul's possession to Bel, which Bel signs for authenticity, leading Bel to gain possession of the soul and return him as a diabolical agent of mass sacrifice who slaughters an entire village of barbarians and sends all their souls to Bel through a short-circuit ritual, then, to escape his pact with Bel, uses the Alchemist's Apparatus artefact to combine himself with a dominated Nymph and then expunge the portion of his elven essence that Bel can call back, also stealing her Unearthly Beauty power at the same time.

At least he is playing the character consitently. ;)

Hammerhead

Explorer
Rystil Arden said:
Consistent with a Lawful Neutral alignment though? :D :confused:

No, that was just written there to fool the other players. He's actually NE and consistently acts that way.

My only question is why the hell didn't the rest of the heroes kill this psycho before he did all those things?

Tuzenbach

First Post
A friend of mine once (back in 1E) wanted a three character combo consisting of the following:

A Fremlin named "Buzzy". His schtick was that he thought he was the smartest, most handsome Fremlin in the world. I think he was suppposed to be a Magic-User/Thief. In actuality, he was annoying, ugly, weak, and clumsy.

A Firbolg named "Just Larry". A really quiet giant (I'm thinking fighter?) who thought Buzzy was an amazing leader.

A Cavalier named .........wait for it..............
"Howard the Stern". He was some schmuck who constantly complained that his armor wasn't shiny enough and his nose was too big to be an effective Cavalier.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Hammerhead said:
No, that was just written there to fool the other players. He's actually NE and consistently acts that way.

My only question is why the hell didn't the rest of the heroes kill this psycho before he did all those things?
Because he lied to them and hid his evil behind their backs. Also, he was sent to an alternate dimension where his goody-two-shoes sister is evil (and his alternate persona was good), and he ripped the heart out of an infant to prove to her that he was evil. Then when he stole the party's money (which his sister's evil twin, who returned to the normal world with him) was storing, he blamed it on her and revealed that she was actually evil, which she was, but she had never betrayed the party. So they got rid of her instead :D

William Ronald

Explorer
Here is but a brief list of player created horrors, chuckles, and groans. (Hmm, maybe we need another thread on NPCs.)

The Humble Hero: A PC who was a fighter who wanted to be a henchman for a powerful wizard. (The player was a kid at the time.)

The Thieving, Monster Summoning Chaotic Neutral Cavalier: A knight who was distracted in a major battle by shining treasure and was criticized by another PC (played by myself). Player rationale: We might find something useful in the treasure. The PC took CN to mean that one could do what one wished, and would occassionally invoke the names of powerful beings and teleport away while the rest of the PCs dealt with someone's minions. Eventually, the PC refused to fight Belial (the PC drew the enmity with a devil card from the Deck of Many Things) and a city was destroyed. Worse, when he left the game, he stole several published adventures and books from the group.

The Attack-o-Matic: A PC who would attack any new NPC or PC that shows up. This oen did not last long.

I will have to think of some others later.

Orius

Legend
A druid or ranger type who absolutely hates cities and refuses to step foot inside them....generated after the DM announces he is going to be running an urban campaign.

KRT

First Post
The angry feminist female dwarven cleric/fighter that won't heal anyone who she feels doesn't treat women right. The definition of right being "placed on a pedestal and worshipped". She wouldn't even heal the paladin because his weapon "a Greatsword" was "obviously phallic". My rogue volunteered to attack him for her with my bag of holding and I got a head full of spiritual weapon for a couple of rounds. Needless to say that night the Paladin must have had to much to drink because the next morning the dwarf was found dead with the Paladin's Greatsword run through her. Wasn't me, I'm a heavy sleeper.

sniffles

First Post
OK, not PCs, but a GM I know who has never been married or even had a girlfriend as far as I'm aware likes to throw either children or female NPCs at the party. They promptly become the party 'ball-and-chain'.
"I'll just get kidnapped by the BBEG/fall down this hole/get bitten by the vampire/pick up the evil sentient artifact/insert inconvenient plot device here".

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads