D&D 5E 20th level Sorcerer vs the world

Hohige

Explorer
There's distant, and there's distant. The Sorcerer's sim was at different places at different times. If we were doing this right (which I will not do) the thing to do would be to spec out the Sanctum Complex, so the DM would know how many castings of Dispel Magic would be needed, and how approachable (or not) it was, and what options were chosen for which castings of Sanctum (and any other wards).

Then, I suspect it would result in the Diviner's Sims dispelling the Sorcerer's Sims, and the rest of the fight would go not radically dissimilar from what just happened.
Wait. Let's understand.

His Simulacrum used Wish DM fiat to summon a creature he has never seen or knows who he is.

And yet the Sorcerer is out of reach.
And the Wizard's Simulacrum dispels the Sorcerer Simulacrum that is hidden.

You are very funny man.

You. lost.

prabe

Tension, apprension, and dissension have begun
Supporter
Wait. Let's understand.

His Simulacrum used Wish DM fiat to summon a creature he has never seen or knows who he is.

And yet the Sorcerer is out of reach.
And the Wizard's Simulacrum dispels the Sorcerer Simulacrum that is hidden.

You are very funny man.

You. lost.
Au contraire, mon frere.

You lost. I was able to adequately specify who I wanted on the X, and lo! it happened.

You lost.

There's distant, and there's distant. The Sorcerer's sim was at different places at different times. If we were doing this right (which I will not do) the thing to do would be to spec out the Sanctum Complex, so the DM would know how many castings of Dispel Magic would be needed, and how approachable (or not) it was, and what options were chosen for which castings of Sanctum (and any other wards).

Then, I suspect it would result in the Diviner's Sims dispelling the Sorcerer's Sims, and the rest of the fight would go not radically dissimilar from what just happened.
Sure, just trying think through maximal benefit of the doubt, before shutting the door and turning out the light.

No real doubt regarding the result.

prabe

Supporter
Sure, just trying think through maximal benefit of the doubt, before shutting the door and turning out the light.

No real doubt regarding the result.
Yeah. I never really had much doubt, myself.

I'm impressed it actually happened, given how adamant he is about not understanding the Initiative rules. One can argue there are ... glitches with the surprise rules in 5E, but in the absence of any ability to agree on houserules (and there was no way we were going to agree on houserules) you kinda gotta go with the rules in the book.

Hohige

Explorer
Au contraire, mon frere.

You lost. I was able to adequately specify who I wanted on the X, and lo! it happened.

You lost.

Let's understand.
1) You decided that Sorcerer separated your group. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Wtf? Check
2) The creatures are and remain completely hidden, you have no idea who or what is attacking. Check
3) Your Simulacrum survived 2 creatures by attacking him, with 60 HP. Check
They can just put it to sleep and It's over.
4) Your Simulacrum used Wish DM fiat for something that he doesn't have a clue about. Check
5) For our Wizard, nothing happened, he can't see anything, he never felt anything. You have no right to initiative check. Without the slightest justification, he returns to his Sanctum Check
6) Even with 2 rounds of attack by the Sorcerer's allies, he still casts his DM wish and still uses Feeblemind. All with just 60 HP. This is an incredible act. Ahahah. They can do on first turn 112 damage, but the simulacrum survives 3 turns :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Check
7) The Sorcerer then appears in front of them (with a wish from those who have no idea who is attacking him). The Simulacrum casts Greater Restoration. Making everything he did useless. Check
8) He declares victory. Hahahahaha Check

1611637138840.png

That was funny.

Last edited:

prabe

Supporter
Let's understand.
1) You decided that Sorcerer separated your group. Check
2) The creatures are and remain completely hidden, you have no idea who or what is attacking. Check
3) Your Simulacrum survived 2 creatures by attacking him, with 60 HP. Check
4) Your Simulacrum used Wish DM fiat for something that he doesn't have a clue about. Check
5) For our Wizard, nothing happened, he can't see anything, he never felt anything. You have no right to initiative. Without the slightest justification, he returns to his temple Check
6) Even with 2 rounds of attack by the Sorcerer's allies, he still uses his DM wish and still uses Feeblemind. All with just 60 HP. This is an incredible act. Ahahah Check
7) The Sorcerer then appears in front of them (with a wish from those who have no idea who is attacking him). The Simulacrum casts Greater Restoration.Making everything he did useless. Check
8) He declares victory. Hahahahaha Check

View attachment 131835

That was funny.
I agree. It was hysterical. Thanks for providing the yuks.

Remove ads