D&D 5E 20th level Sorcerer vs the world

Hohige

Explorer
Nope.

I used a Wish well within reason--replicated a 9th-level spell, or performed something like the function called out in the 3.5 version that let you move some number of people to a place you named. And, I worded the Wish to do exactly that, without any wiggle-room.

You, on the other hand, got greedy and attempted to Thanos-snap Wizards out of existence. It's less work for the Wish spell to lead you to believe that's what happened, than to make that happen.

You. Lost.
I will consider your Wish DM fiat

Your Simulacrum has 2 turns on attack.

And your Wizard doesn't know anything.

prabe

Tension, apprension, and dissension have begun
Supporter
I will consider your Wish DM fiat

Your Simulacrum has 2 turns on attack.

And your Wizard doesn't know anything.
Nope. We played out the combat with a DM, and you lost.

You don't get to unilaterally decide you win.

Frankly, you're boring and annoying, and I'm done with you.

So, the first match demosntrated a wizard victory. The one-round rematch in which the sorcerer used Wish resulted in him arriving in a weave-less world, in the town of Salem in 1692. That's a draw.

Hohige

Explorer
Nope. We played out the combat with a DM, and you lost.

You don't get to unilaterally decide you win.

Frankly, you're boring and annoying, and I'm done with you.
You don't do nothing. Just casts Feeblemind against a creature that you summoned with your Wish DM fiat. (That survive 2 turns against the assassin and sorcerer's simulacrum, I don't know how, but It survives)

The assassin defeats your Simulacrum and the Sorcerer Simulacrum casts Greater Restoration.

your turn.

prabe

Supporter
Been impossible for me to keep track of who is where. Does he still have Distant metamagic?
There's distant, and there's distant. The Sorcerer's sim was at different places at different times. If we were doing this right (which I will not do) the thing to do would be to spec out the Sanctum Complex, so the DM would know how many castings of Dispel Magic would be needed, and how approachable (or not) it was, and what options were chosen for which castings of Sanctum (and any other wards).

Then, I suspect it would result in the Diviner's Sims dispelling the Sorcerer's Sims, and the rest of the fight would go not radically dissimilar from what just happened.

prabe

Supporter
So, the first match demosntrated a wizard victory. The one-round rematch in which the sorcerer used Wish resulted in him arriving in a weave-less world, in the town of Salem in 1692. That's a draw.
That's a generous draw, but I'm not inclined to argue. 😉

Remove ads