D&D 5E 20th level Sorcerer vs the world

Hohige

Explorer
Ah, so not 62 hitpoints, but 57. Better and better.

Tactic is simple -- targeted 9th level dispel magic -- no death ward, 26 hitpoints, no warding bond (wait you forgot that one for your Sim!), no Aid. You get to keep the 24 temp from Leadership. If you suggest counterspell, well, that's going to be tough because I took metamagic adept (distant spell) and cast it from 120' away.
OK, Create your build ^^.

Several Wizards have already died, will it be one more?

Hohige

Explorer
I just need to do 56 damage with a spell. Oh, wait, I know, a Wished 8th level summon Celestial! That does, what, 8d6+40 damage at 600 feet, right? I need to roll a 16 on the 8d6. The irony, eh?

Build it first. You just spent a 9th slot on this dead one. Celestial doesn't know who the Sorcerer is. The Sorcerer attacks at 660ft. It's out Celestial Range.
My celestials kill him quickly.

Now, the Wizard is dead.

His damage cannot defeat the Sorcerer's HP with Warding Bond.

We deal 260 instant damage to 660ft damage. Well, the Wizard died.

I wished Celestial. Next turn. Sorcerer alpha strike. The Wizard is dead.

pwhimp

Explorer
I can't believe that this is the thread that got me to register for the site...

With 3 years of preparation, cast simulacrum as needed. True polymorph yourself into a beholder. Concentrate the whole hour. Fall asleep. Simulacrum casts dream on you and controls the dream environment to include mirrors.
In exceedingly rare cases, a beholder might experience a dream in which it sees itself in a mirror, or encounters several copies of itself, or imagines a sensation akin to what humanoids call multiple personalities. At such a time, the beholder’s dream-birthing creates a beholder hive—a group of “newborns” that are identical to its own shape but smaller.

When the dreamer awakens, it treats the newborns as extensions of its own self in other bodies, and therefore isn’t consumed with an urge to kill them. This united group of identical beholders doesn’t truly have a hive intelligence, but their personalities and goals are so similar that they can predict and assume each others’ behavior, much as especially close human siblings can. The original beholder is usually the dominant one and takes a leadership role. A hive consists of three to ten beholders, plus whatever minions they control.
Now you have a beholder hive that shares your personality and goals. The simulacrum can then dispel the true polymorph. Repeat process tomorrow.
Over 3 years, this makes ~1000 beholder hives (6500 beholders) which all are subservient to you. Descend on the sorcerer's location from all directions with antimagic rays and bite everything to death (or something).

I'm sure that won't satisfy the OP, but I'm happy with it.

Hohige

Explorer
I can't believe that this is the thread that got me to register for the site...

With 3 years of preparation, cast simulacrum as needed. True polymorph yourself into a beholder. Concentrate the whole hour. Fall asleep. Simulacrum casts dream on you and controls the dream environment to include mirrors.

Now you have a beholder hive that shares your personality and goals. The simulacrum can then dispel the true polymorph. Repeat process tomorrow.
Over 3 years, this makes ~1000 beholder hives (6500 beholders) which all are subservient to you. Descend on the sorcerer's location from all directions with antimagic rays and bite everything to death (or something).

I'm sure that won't satisfy the OP, but I'm happy with it.
Sorry for making you create an account. But infinite loops and simulacra-cheese is banned.
But I thought it was cool anyway. :ROFLMAO:

Remove ads