D&D 3E/3.5 [3.5] TWF only for rogues?

Storm Raven

First Post
Shard O'Glase said:
I really think the high stats reqs for any feat are a poor design decision. This limits the availability of the feats to the lucky(rolling is still the standard), the powergamers, and the really specialized character.

Or anybody with a reasonably decent Dexterity and some gloves of Dexterity. Anyone with a 13 or higher Dexterity (not that uncommon among fighter types) can qualify for Two-Weapon Fighting by mid levels for 4,000 gp to get a pair of gloves. By higher levels, you can easily afford to get higher powered gloves and qualify for the later iterations of the feat.

mmu1

First Post
Well, I guess someone wanted to make sure those feats were "special" enough... :rolleyes:

The requirements don't make much sense at all, last time I checked, TWF still isn't exactly an uber fighting style... It's a lot of feats for three extra attacks with a light weapon.

The only things I can think of is that, with the inclusion of the feat that lets you shield bash and keep your AC, they were worried about fighters easily getting both benefits, and about rangers not being "special" enough if other classes had easier access to those feats.

But given that they've supposedly designed the system around 25 point characters, and 15 is supposed to be a high score, they'd have to be on crack to think ability prerequisites of 17 and 19 are ok.

Ogwar

First Post
With a dex that high would you be better server to just take weapon finesse and let teh bonuses cancel each other out?

Remove ads