D&D 4E 4e Battle Tactic: Murder by Pinball

Nail

First Post
My wizard threw up a wall of fire last week and kept thunder-waving skeletons back into it, all the while screaming "Back into the fire, you undead abominations! Burn, burn, BUUURRN!!!"
I'll bet your DM hasn't read page 44 of the DMG.

Any takers on my bet? :)

DMG-p44 said:
"Targets of forced movement in hindering terrain (pits, precipices, fire) can avoid plunging into a pit or over the edge of a cliff or being pushed into a raging fire. The creature makes a saving throw rolled immediately before entering the unsafe square, with success leaving the creature prone...."

Last edited:

DLichen

First Post
Where are you guys reading that they get a saving throw against entering spell zones? The rule about forced movement only mentions pits and falls, and specifically leads to the falling damage section, which implies that this only pertains to a character catching the edge of the pit. I don't see how this extends to difficult terrain or spell zones, am I missing something?

EDIT: Posted before seeing post about DMG, I can see how this can arguably include zones from powers

Last edited:

calypso15

Explorer
Where are you guys reading that they get a saving throw against entering spell zones? The rule about forced movement only mentions pits and falls, and specifically leads to the falling damage section, which implies that this only pertains to a character catching the edge of the pit. I don't see how this extends to difficult terrain or spell zones, am I missing something?

Do you not agree that a square full of fire is "unsafe"?

Slaved

First Post
Wall of Fire takes Three Extra Movement Points to enter. I think that this Extra Movement Cost would still have to be Paid during Forced Movement.

Obryn

Hero
Wall of Fire takes Three Extra Movement Points to enter. I think that this Extra Movement Cost would still have to be Paid during Forced Movement.
Forced movement disregards all kinds of difficult terrain.

It would not take any extra squares of movement to push someone into a wall of fire. They would, however, get to save before entering the fire.

-O

Regicide

Banned
Banned
It would not take any extra squares of movement to push someone into a wall of fire. They would, however, get to save before entering the fire.

But, interestingly, no save if they simply don't want to move, to be, say, beside the 3 strikers of the party. :hmm:

Daniel D. Fox

Explorer
Whenever a creature may be forced into damaging terrain - including a spell zone - they get an immediate save to resist the movement. Success means they fall prone before entering the zone.

It may not work as well as you want it to. :)

-O

This. Plus, forced movement ignores difficult terrain.

Remove ads