[4e] The Dustbowl (IC)

Shayuri

First Post
The instant the deva's hands were free he yanked his gag and blindfold off in that order, and sprang spryly to his feet.

"Aaaaahhh! that is SO MUCH BETTER! Thank you, Bharhash, you sly dragonny man, you!"

He clapped his hands and looked around, getting his bearings, then pointed at Caden.

"Excellent question! Only in our case it's reversed, and additionally, I know the answer. You are here, and we are here, because of these..."

Grinning, he reached down his loose-fitting shirt and pulled out a very familiar looking trinket. A piece similar to the ones everyone else had as well.

"Eh? I'm right, aren't I? Only..." He frowned slightly as he counted in his head. "I haven't met all of you yet. Or no! I haven't met ANY of you yet!" With that, he marched over to Caden, stretching his legs as he went, and offered his hand.

"Scholar. Wonderful to meet you, Mr...?"

Legildur

First Post
The halfling looks briefly to the others as the Deva displays the trinket. His attention is redirected as the boisterous Deva approaches. With the offered hand, Caden quickly realises that his dagger is still in right hand. Shifting it to his left hand, he reaches up and grasps the Deva's hand in greeting. "Mister is not a term that I respond to," he says with a slight smile. "Just call me Caden."

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Legildur said:
The halfling looks briefly to the others as the Deva displays the trinket.
"The gods are sly bastards," agrees Mia with just *a hint* of bitterness. He'd spit, a very human gesture, but... Sometimes wearing a mask has disadvantages.

Shayuri & Legildur said:
"Eh? I'm right, aren't I? Only..." He frowned slightly as he counted in his head. "I haven't met all of you yet. Or no! I haven't met ANY of you yet!" With that, he marched over to Caden, stretching his legs as he went, and offered his hand. "Scholar. Wonderful to meet you, Mr...?"

With the offered hand, Caden quickly realises that his dagger is still in right hand. Shifting it to his left hand, he reaches up and grasps the Deva's hand in greeting. "Mister is not a term that I respond to," he says with a slight smile. "Just call me Caden."

The elf does not rise or offer a name. Instead he crouches by the bloodied and bruised body of the huge orc leader and waits, expectantly, looking right at 'Scholar'. (There is a growing curl at the corner of his fanged wooden mouth, a glint of challenge in the slanted depths of his brilliant, porcelain-blue eyes...)

Last edited:

Binder Fred

"Insulting," softly compliments the elf after being ignored. He did not think blue boy had it in him!

Feeling better about the whole thing, he goes back to riffling through orcish possessions, eyeing its tusks in perticular; not as good as the blackened hand from a flame-tossing skeleton, but still... "Mialucus of the bloodless storm, Lord of Masks, Slicer of Untruth. Loser of friends," he says off-handedly. "He," - points to the other dragonborn without looking up - "is Stick."

<Anything of worth on this guy, Eblue? Say a note with PASSWORD written on it. ;) Failing that, knock out his tusks and pocket them both.

"Still only five fragments! We go on!"

Last edited:

eblue562

First Post
Mia rummages through the orc's body while the Scholar and the Barbarian gather their belongings. He finds nothing of particular note, other than a few mundane items. Happily lopping off the tusks, he thinks back to the last words of the Orc. Drawing on both is knowledge of history and Arcane, Mia seems to remember reading a book at the beginning of his studies that mentions dark powers within the earth that are of unknown origin. Some of them manifest themselves in different media, the 'Derg within the mud and stone, and the 'Sto within the sand and slate ("slate" being mixtures). That much is known within the confine's of Mia's knowledge.

The dark corridors are beginning to smell of mixed blood as the echoes of the dead finally end their journey.

Shayuri

First Post
Scholar nods happily at each new name, seemingly oblivious to Mia's disregard and subsequent warming. "Mialucus and Stick...very good, excellent."

"And yes indeed we go on. We may have only five, but that's substantially better than what we had before our chance encounter. Now, lets see..."

The deva goes over to the edge of the symbols in the floor and peers down at them curiously. "Seems fairly obvious at first glance...which makes me a bit suspicious."

(Arcana check: 25)
Roll Lookup

Binder Fred

Shayuri said:
"And yes indeed we go on. We may have only five, but that's substantially better than what we had before our chance encounter."

"Net loss for us," contradicts the masked one with a playful twirl of his scimitar. "Unless you bring something special to the party besides rope-burn?" He's definitively including the loud-mouthed dragonborn in that snarky evaluation.

[Sblock="Actions and Questions"]The symbols: History 31 (critical!) and help another Arcana 14 (+2 to Scholar's roll). 1d20+11=31, 1d20+11=14

Can we assume we've taken our Short Rest, Eblue?

Eblue562 said:
the 'Sto within the sand and slate ("slate" being mixtures).

Mixtures of what?

EDIT: Also, could you remind me: does the blue root on the ceiling continue through this room?[/sblock]

Last edited:

eblue562

First Post
Mia and the Scholar look at the strange arcane symbols on the floor. It appears that they form a sort of pathway, but the order of the symbols is not readily apparent just by looking at it. The symbols appear to be a mash of different symbols from different languages, slightly altered to appear unique.

The blue light implanted into the ceiling extends up until the symbols that appear on the floor, then it stops and branches out, each part being directly above every symbol.

[sblock=OOC]
Yes, you can assume everyone has taken a short rest and got their encounter powers back. If you feel like you need to take an extended rest, it should be the consensus of the party, which can be done in the OOC.

Refering to the "mixtures," I just mean like mud and things like that.
[/sblock]

Legildur

First Post
Caden lifts his gaze from the arcane symbols. "Whatever they be, understanding escapes me," he says. "Let's leave this be for the moment and head around the other way," the halfling says, gesturing back the way they came with the tip of his dark dagger. "My blade is still hungry."

Remove ads