• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

4ed PDFs - Are you still getting the books?

Are you getting the books, with or without the PDFs?

• No - Now that I've got the PDFs I won't bother.

Votes: 8 1.8%
  • No - But I never was going to buy the hard-copies.

Votes: 25 5.7%
  • Yes - The PDFs do not effect my decision to buy the book(s).

Votes: 275 62.6%
  • Yes - the PDFs changed my mind, or clarified my desire, to buy the book(s).

Votes: 36 8.2%
  • I did not, and will not, download the PDFs and am getting the book(s).

Votes: 95 21.6%

Darkwolf71

First Post
My torrent-fu skills are weak, so I have been unable to locate said PDFs. Regardless, they woluld not affect my purchase of the physical books. PDFs are a convieniance, the books are what I need to run/play a game.

Oompa

First Post
Well as said in the other thread, ive seen and readt the pdf's..

and i am certainly going to buy the 3 books in my local gamestore..

Xyl

First Post
Rechan said:
Until they make a computer that is comfortable to read on the toilet, I do not see this day happening.
I use my computer on the toilet all the time...

I've got the books preordered, but I downloaded the PDF to give myself more time to build a good adventure that's ready to play once my players have their PHBs. (Although I suspect that most of them have gotten the PDF by now...)

Obryn

Hero
I don't really know how to put this completely politely. So I rephrased this a half-dozen times.

Set aside for a moment whether downloading PDFs is legal, illegal, moral, or immoral.

It's completely and totally crass to post about it on a board where the writers & designers read & post. "Hey, man! I know you hate it, but I downloaded that!! YAY!!"

It's like if your buddy started sleeping with your (now ex-)wife after a divorce. You know what's happening, but if he starts talking about it, it's tough not to punch him in the face.

-O

schulerta

First Post
Need another vote option

* NO - now that I downloaded the PDFs and am disappointed by the content and will not be buying the books, and have deleted the PDFs

Last edited:

Calbos

First Post
Grabbed the PDFs, sorry if that disappoints any devs or anyone.

But for me, the fact of the matter is that I ordered the books months ago (already purchased and received H1) and would have bought them regardless. Even if I didn't like the look of 4E, I would have bought the core set and H1 just to give it all a fair shot.

As an aside, having the PDFs has made me feel confident about my purchase. As a result I also went and pre-ordered a couple of other books today, too.

But I'm a believer in using "free" as part of the business model. Maybe it doesn't 100% apply in this instance the same way free music would, but it does support the notion that producing a quality product will result in sales. I know now that I'll at least be trying out D&DI, where I wasn't 100% sure last week (that is of course unless my players decide to stick with 3.5).

How do we know that someone at WotC didn't leak the books on purpose with the explicit intent of driving sales UP? Sounds a little far-fetched, but crazier things have happened.

Remove ads