(5E) D&D/Moorcock Multiverse Inspiration PBP [CLOSED] - OOC discussion

JharyOConnah

Explorer
Jmuchellio, I'm game. Let's try it with the pixie homebrew. It seems fairly powerful (invisibility 3X), but all of it feels right. Look at the little link that explains "tiny" creatures. You'll have to deal with those hindrances on gear until you can find someone to make you custom weapons or armor. 🔨⚔️

As far as the story, I dig it. Still feeling an impulse to write a thru line connecting the fae folk. Maybe just gimme a little leeway to hook into your personal tales. 🎬

Really that goes for everybody.

I'm feeling a similar impulse to try and connect the genasi lawman and tiefling paladin. Yes, Steve, you should just switch to tiefling if it would make your heart sing! (Doesn't change the character too much to me...) 💪

Trying to get a grip on all these interesting details. Alignment sometimes isn't a biggie in 5E, but in this game it'll have a renewed significance. I think you already get the general drift.

Charlotte, what's Alan's alignment? I can't seem to find it. 🔍

When you all are writing that intro section please consider and include some of these background facts:

A very bad storm has sprung up in everyone's home plane for the last few weeks. It's more severe than any older people can remember EVER happening. Local wise women and medicine men whisper that such a storm happened eons ago, before the world turned and the current age started.

Those same smart elders say a new age is upon us, but this isn't the first time apocalypse had been warned. Maybe they're worrying for nothing. They are, after all, old and set in their ways...

Multi-colored clouds fill the sky. Lightning flashes, thunder crashes, a tremendous downpour floods local common grounds and private abodes alike. No one is happy about it and everyone is just trying to lie low and wait out the storm. ⛈☔

As the weeks have gone on this has given everyone a somewhat grim outlook. No fire is quite warm enough. No set of clothes completely dry. And there's never a second helping of stew...

Something's gotta give.

You can't help but feel like this storm is much bigger than whatever corner of whatever world you find yourself in. Something huge was happening. 🌏🌟💥

Still loving this group! Looking forward to seeing those stories grow. Keep hitting me with OOC questions here.

Cheers!

--DM Jhary

Jmuchellio, I'm game. Let's try it with the pixie homebrew. It seems fairly powerful (invisibility 3X), but all of it feels right. Look at the little link that explains "tiny" creatures. You'll have to deal with those hindrances on gear until you can find someone to make you custom weapons or armor. 🔨⚔️
Eovin is proficient in leatherworker's tools for a reason. In fact, most of her chapter one is probably dealing with being a foot tall and trying to find a purpose.

As far as the story, I dig it. Still feeling an impulse to write a thru line connecting the fae folk. Maybe just gimme a little leeway to hook into your personal tales. 🎬
You have a wonderful hook in Eovin. There's a fae creature who hide Eov among humans because of a destiny that Eovin seems unwilling to be a part of.

I'm feeling a similar impulse to try and connect the genasi lawman and tiefling paladin. Yes, Steve, you should just switch to tiefling if it would make your heart sing! (Doesn't change the character too much to me...) 💪

We have two characters linked to demons and two characters linked to fae. There's a party name in there somewhere.

You can't help but feel like this storm is much bigger than whatever corner of whatever world you find yourself in. Something huge was happening. 🌏🌟💥
So we are all from different planes than one another?

JharyOConnah

Explorer
I'm assuming different prime material planes. Not necessarily the big box ones (unless you really want!). I'm going to have you (everyone in one form or another) do some plane-hopping after a little individual character development.

tglassy

Adventurer
Infiri isn’t really a demon. He’s more like the God of Fire and Judgement. He rules what passes for Hell on his plane, but he’s more like a Celestial than a Demon. And in this world, Hell is more a place of punishment for demons and evil things, rather than their kingdom, like in Forgotten Realms. The more evil the creature, the worse the punishment.

Yeah, but the impression most people will have is Demon! And in theory your character would not correct people's impressions because he wouldn't know they didn't see Infiri the same way he does. :)

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Allright, I’ve tweaked my character: made him a winged tiefling but continue to call him a half elf because of his backstory. I am hoping he will be able to take both elf and tiefling racial feats if we ever get there.
I also took liberties with the skill selection, but they make sense and he has the right number of them. I removed deception, because he is honorable and took perception because of his Elven ancestry. I am also assuming he will be able to multi class out of paladin even though he only has 10 str (I am assuming that since he is an elf, it is fair to switch the 13 requirement to dex). I also tweaked the background and backstory to make him less evil, and with more good tendencies to better fit with the party. I changed the background feature, because who would know an noble from an obscure and corrupt race of elves, this one is also quite cool.

so here he is. please let me know if he is approved:
[sblock]
Name: Prince Selythin Evastarian
Sex: Male
Race: Half elf (Winged Tieflling stats)
Class/Level: Paladin 1
Alignment: Lawful neutral
Init: +2
Senses: Darkvision 60 ft
Passive Perception: 12

DEFENSE
AC:
18 (+4 Scale mail, +2 shield, +2 dex)
HP: 12
Saves: Wisdom & Charisma
Special Defenses: resistance to fire

OFFENSE
Speed:
30ft
Melee:
Rapier +4 Attack, 1d8+2 piercing, finesse
2 daggers +4 attack, 1d4+2 piercing, Finesse, light, thrown (range 20/60)
shortbow +4 attack, 1d6+2 piercing, ammunition range 80/320, two handed

Special Attacks: none

STATISTICS
Str
10 (+0)
Dex 14 (+2)
Con 15 (+2) [+1 race]
Int 8 (-1)
Wis 10 (+0)*
Cha 17 (+3)* [+2 race]

SKILLS Proficiencies in bold: 2 paladin, 2 background

+2 (dex) Acrobatics
+0 (wis) Animal Handling
-1 (int) Arcana
+2 (str) Athletics - from Paladin
+2 (cha) Deception
-1 (int) History
+0 (wis) Insight
+5 (cha) Intimidation - from background
-1 (int) Investigation
+0 (wis) Medicine
-1 (int) Nature
+2 (wis) Perception - from background
+3 (cha) Performance
+5 (cha) Persuasion - from Paladin
-1 (int) Religion
+2 (dex) Sleight of Hand
+2 (dex) Stealth **disadvantage because of armor
+0 (wis) Survival

Tool Proficiencies: none
Languages:Common, elf (background), infernal (racial), +1 relevant (consult DM)

RACE FEATURES
Darkvision: Can see in dim light within 60' as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it was dim light
Wings: fly 30' when not encumbered and not wearing heavy armor
Hellish resistance: resistant to fire damage
Languages: Common, infernal

BACKGROUND FEATURES Noble, haunted one, evil accolyte blend
Feature: Heart of darkness Those that look into your eyes can see that you have faced unimaginable horror and that you are no stranger to darkness. Though they might fear you, commoners will extend you every courtesy and do their utmost to help you. Unless you have shown yourself to be a danger to them, they will even take up arms to fight alongside you, should you find yourself facing an enemy alone.
Skill Proficiencies:perception , intimidation
Tool Proficiencies: none
Language: 2 extra language: elf, other relevant

CLASS FEATURES - Paladin
Proficiencies
all armor, shields and weapons
Divine Sense As an action, you can open your awareness to detect such forces. Until the end o f your
next turn, you know the location of any celestial, fiend, or undead within 60 feet of you that is not behind total cover
Can use this ability 4 times /long rest
Lay on Hands 5 hp

Traits: I don't run from evil, evil runs from me
Ideal: I have a dark calling: If I can attain more power, no one will tell me what to do
Bond: The common folk must see me as a hero for my power to grow & there is evil in me, I can feel it: it must never be set free.
Flaw:I secretly believe that everyone is beneath me

Gear:
Equipment (class)
• One martial weapons, one shield 6lb :
rapier 1d8 piercing 2 lb. finesse
• five javelins (sold +2.5 gp)
• an explorer’s pack: Includes a backpack, a bedroll, a mess kit, a tinderbox, 10 torches, 10 days of rations, and a waterskin. The pack also has 50 feet of hempen rope
strapped to the side of it.
• Scale mail (sold chain mail + 25gp) 45 lb and a holy symbol on shield

Equipment: A set of fine clothes, a signet ring, a scroll of pedigree, and a purse containing 25 gp + sales - purchases (see below)

Additional equipment purchased:
4gp: 2 dagger 2 gp 1d4 slashing 2 lb. Finesse, light, thrown (range 20/60)
5gp amulet (holy symbol)
5gp emblem (holy symbol, on sword)
25 gp shortbow 1d6 piercing, 2 lb ammunition range 80/320, two handed
2 gp 40 arrows 2lbs

Money: 11.5gp 25+25+2.5-41

Total weight carried:
2lb: 2 daggers
1lb: amulet
2lb shortbow
2 lb arrows
2lb: rapier
45lb scale mail
59 lb explorer's pack
6lbs shield
Total: 119 lbs

Backstory:
Selythin was part of an ancient and secretive race of elves. These have been shunned by other surface elves because their association with darker magics.
As an aging noble in search of more power, Selythin underwent a dark ritual to bind with a demon. The ritual worked, rejuvenating him, but it had unforeseen consequences. Selythin kept his name, but became a new entity, with only vague memories of his original two selves. He had features of both elf and demon, but his heart was as if the evil from both his former selves had been washed away, although still in the background of his mind. The experience made him realize the extent of the evil of his former selves, and the horror of the societies they came from.

Not being tied to it’s past, Selythin left his elven clan.[/sblock]

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Just checking in to let folks know I'm still around.

I've tweaked Ralph's character sheet a bit. I'm not planning on doing anything especially outré regarding his race, class features, et cetera. I am likely to play a bit with the idea that he exists in two worlds. When Ralph Crenshaw the Outlander sleeps, Ralph Crenshaw the Loser awakes, and vice versa. Whether this amounts to anything other than exposition is an open question. I'm not planning on it having any specific game effects.

Last edited:

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Hey, I have another request. I just saw jmuccielo rolled stats. They would be 41 points if using point buy (assuming 3 points for stats above 15)! I want to use the same stats for my character. Seems fair & that would solve he liberties I took with the paladin multiclassing!
Cheers,

SG

tglassy

Adventurer
Hey, I have another request. I just saw jmuccielo rolled stats. They would be 41 points if using point buy (assuming 3 points for stats above 15)! I want to use the same stats for my character. Seems fair & that would solve he liberties I took with the paladin multiclassing!
Cheers,

SG

Doing a point buy based on someone else's rolled stats isn't fair. Even using someone else's rolled stats isn't fair. The point of rolling for stats is that there's a bit of randomness to it. I was once forced to play with a roll where nothing was higher than a 13, and that was after racial stat bonuses, because I chose to roll rather than use the Standard Array (I typically do). Point Buy is for a decent set of stats that you control, but are no greater than the Standard Array, and 3 points for anything above a 15 is a house rule, not a rule in game.

If you want to take the chance to get better stats than the point buy offers, then you should roll your stats.

Last edited:

Remove ads