(5E) D&D/Moorcock Multiverse Inspiration PBP [CLOSED] - OOC discussion

tglassy

Adventurer
Slapping a penalty to strength (very appropriate) or constitution (if you want something with a bit of bite to offset the benefits) makes sense, but it’s a bit futile since the character is a Druid with flight (shapechanger & magic user & will never be in the front lines).

Tiny creatures already only carry, push and lift half the weight hey normally could. I think that should be enough of a nerf to their strength.

I don’t think the Pixie needs to be nerfed at all. HP is more about narrative than a health meter. If anything, her fragile nature will be offset by her ability to be harder to hit. And the restrictions on weight and armor and the like will likely be a nerf on its own.
There are no bonuses to AC for being Tiny in 5e. I think we're using the rules suggestions from dandwiki for Tiny PCs: Tiny Player Characters (5e Variant Rule) - D&D Wiki

Just the racial +2 Dex is giving Eowin any form of AC bonus
You designed this? Nice!
No, no. Wish I did it's practically perfect. The way they thought carefully about not stepping on the Bard's toes. I just wish it wasn't tied to beast shape usage.

"my" in this case meant 'my recent discovery'. In an earlier post I said no one ever made such a circle.

tglassy

Adventurer
No, what I meant was that there doesn’t need to be an adjustment to the stats because there is already something to offset it. We don’t need to make the Pixie more fragile because they’re smaller and harder to hit, which cancels each other out, so no adjustment needs to be made either way.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
looking forward to reading those first posts and revised characters when I get home

Fyi, I’ll post the final version on my character (all legit and by the book) and first post by the end of the day.
I currently have two character sheets, both of which I really like: one of a winged tiefling of Zairel, and one fallen aasimar. As a tank, the wings may actually not be that useful, but I like the idea of a flying demon spawn and the look of it (in my mind). The aasimar is more elegant, and part of me thinks that an elf, even initially evil, would prefer to bind with a celestial to still look like an elf, especially since he is a noble. I don’t know, I may end up tossing a coin to decide. Please feel free to comment, challenge and destroy one of the concepts! I’d love for the decision to be easier ;-)
Thanks and cheers,

SG

Imaro

Legend
Hey guys with the holidays coming up and an increased work schedule until next week, I've had to come to the realization I won't have time to participate in this game at the moment. Sorry for any inconvenience I may have caused but I'm going to have to pull out for now.

JharyOConnah

Explorer
Steve, personally, I liked the character at the start, but when I boil down your concept it's a "really good guy with a big bad part too". You came from that bad thing (sorta like Elric hating his own indulgent, selfish people) so now you're trying to go out on your own and escape some "destiny" that your fairly evil kin wanted for you...

Am I close? Questions I have might lead you to the right choice. Do you want to be beautiful more on the inside or outside? Where is the real corruption coming from? The dark ceremony or yourself?

And the easiest answer is...

I'd lean tiefling on this one for concept. Or just re-skinning an elf as your slightly different kind of dark elf.

Imaro, check back in later. Maybe you could join in a month! Cheers!

--DM Jhary

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Hey DM Jhary,

You nailed it. I had come to the same conclusion, and picked tiefling.
I’ll post the final character & the intro post.
Thanks and cheers,

SG

Edit: done!

Last edited:

Remove ads