5e Tomb of Annihilation - OCC

FitzTheRuke

Legend
So I have looked, and looked for some RAW on sleeping in armor. Just to get me out of this pickle, and the only thing I see written about sleeping in armor comes from XGtE pg. 77-78. So we will use these rules for sleeping in armor. It has it that sleeping in light armor has no adverse effects, but medium and heavy armor have the following effects following a long rest:

• you only regain one quarter of your HD (minimum one die)
  • if you have any levels in exhaustion the rest does not reduce your exhaustion level

This looks to me like it is ok to sleep in heavy armor just not ideal. Which sounds about right. Most nights you won't be worrying about exhaustion or HD and can sleep in the armor with no adverse effect on your character. Its those rare few that you'll have to slip it off and hope for no random encounter LOL
That is pretty good. It sounds rough until you realize that most of the time you can do it, just not when you are badly beat up or fatigued. (Where you would really want a good night's sleep).

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Yeah, I think the main difference between trance and sleep is that elves don't need to lie down (not prone); they are more aware (don't count as unconscious); and they only need to do it for four hours. A good part of a long rest they are puttering about camp or taking an extra watch.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Allright! Just know that y character will hunt down any creature that steals parts of is heirloom armor. And you know what, if he is attacked while unarmored, he'll have the opportunity to cast barkskin, which will likely be the only use he'll het out of that domain spell ;-)
So I'm assuming that the earlier discussion of just keeping the breastplate is no longer applicable, and the rule is as per post #120.
Back to the IC thread now ;-)
Thanks for the feedback and cheers!

SG

Something I think is missing from Enanthil's sheet and I can't find on the D&D Beyond sheets is character description: height, weight, hair color, eye color, etc.

I was wondering how close Enanthil and Braiden look alike.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
I assumed he pretty much looks like the pic I posted for him. We can roll for height and weight, or I can just pick: 165 lbs (elf with 12 str, sounds about right), and say 5’9”. I would venture that Braiden and him would have similar styles of clothes, weapons, etc. At least similar styles, since they come from the same place.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Obah has a bit more gray in his beard than the picture, otherwise he looks like that. I even like the amber eyes, if I can get away with it.

Remove ads