[5e_One Shot] Baptism by Fire

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"No. I cannae talk with tables." answered Mardoc, "But Amil has the right of it: They all have names. Each an'every rock was once part o' a primordial who used themselves t'shape the world. Some of 'em still remember it."

Seeing Fern wave at the elf, Mardoc nodded and changed the subject, "Aye, 'tis time we spoke with oor 'contact' an' see if oor plans need adjusting."
 

log in or register to remove this ad

Lorella picks that moment to sit down at the table with a mug of beer in hand and says, "So, what is your plan? What exactly did Delenir tell you?" She takes a drink.
 

Helmsman01

Explorer
"This lot do be ridin' in blind." Captain Scrinner smirks. "From their talk on the boat they need a good hand ta guide them." He downs his beer in one long pull, and then wipes his face with the back of his sleeve.

"Right now they are to join the caravan to supply the forts out west. I believe the arch-mage magikin' some message to the commander at Fort Silan to tell them this lot were coming. After all that I have no clue what they be up to nor do I wish ta know mores."
 

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Mardoc went over the story in full, with Fern providing details both important and unnecessary. He concluding, "Once we have oor horses in the morning, we set oot for the fort. We'll be lookin' oot for trouble on the way, but we don't expect t'find any."
 

Helmsman01

Explorer
Captain Scrinner nods along as the tale of the Delenir's missing son and the strange recovery of the amulet is told. At the end he lets the group know, "The caravan master, he have your horses, after me boys loads dem wagons the lot of you will head out as extra guards fer the supplies. Lorella going with you. First to Fort Wheelan than Fort Silan where the knight's body was brought to. You all should find all you need to travel the mountains, and the men there will have more to tell of the patrol route and such."
 
Last edited:

HP: 18/18
AC: 14 (Leather)
Bardic
Inspiration:

3/3 (1d6)
Skills
Spell Slots:
1st: [ ] [ ] [ ]
Pass Per: 13
Pass Inv: 12
Pass Ins: 11
SPELL SVE
DC: 13
Arcana: 4
Deception;7
Disguise :5
Cantrips
Minor Illusion;
Vicious Mockery
STATS:
STR:
8-
DEX:16+3
CON:12+1
INT:14+2
WIS:12+1
CHA:16+3
SAVES:
STR:-1
DEX:+5
CON:+1
INT:+2
WIS:+1
CHA:+5
Perform: 5
Persuasion:5
Perception:3
Sl of Hnd: 5
Stealth: 5
Thief Tool:5
Known Spells 1st
Animal Friendship
Comprehend Languages,
Detect Magic,
Heroism,
Sleep,


Fern was happy to contribute to the conversation. Once all the details had been determined, he decided that he’d find his room and work on his Epic. He had so many ideas. He turned to Loretta,

“I look forward to working with you. “

He lowers his voice slightly,

“Mardoc says you’re a smuggler, is that true?”


 

“Mardoc says you’re a smuggler, is that true?”
Lorella was about to take a drink when he says this. The mug only pauses ever so slightly on its way to her lips. She drinks and puts the mug down. "That's an interesting accusation," she says lightly. "Never been accused of smuggling before. Personally, I prefer an open second story window." She once again appraises the young man. "How old are you? All humans are young to me but you seem younger than most carrying a sword at their hip."
 

HP: 18/18
AC: 14 (Leather)
Bardic
Inspiration:

3/3 (1d6)
Skills
Spell Slots:
1st: [ ] [ ] [ ]
Pass Per: 13
Pass Inv: 12
Pass Ins: 11
SPELL SVE
DC: 13
Arcana: 4
Deception;7
Disguise :5
Cantrips
Minor Illusion;
Vicious Mockery
STATS:
STR:
8-
DEX:16+3
CON:12+1
INT:14+2
WIS:12+1
CHA:16+3
SAVES:
STR:-1
DEX:+5
CON:+1
INT:+2
WIS:+1
CHA:+5
Perform: 5
Persuasion:5
Perception:3
Sl of Hnd: 5
Stealth: 5
Thief Tool:5
Known Spells 1st
Animal Friendship
Comprehend Languages,
Detect Magic,
Heroism,
Sleep,


Fern eyes went wide as he misunderstood the second story comment as a threat of bodily harm but relaxed again as he figured out the innuendo. Fern was speaking quiet enough that his voice wouldn’t travel beyond their table.

“Oh, it wasn’t an accusation. Just a question. I’m twelve. It was my birthday this week. I recognized some of your double-speak… I mean, I didn’t understand it but I recognized it. Lots of folk I used to know - some were nice and some were really bad - would talk like that around me. But I wasn’t stupid, I knew what they were doing.

Anyways, I’m the Wizard.”


Fern hadn’t actually ever met a burglar, if that’s what she was implying, but he’d heard stories that they were professional ghosts.


 

"Twelve? Twelve years is nearly a significant amount of time." Lorella's voice also dips to a whisper. "Lad, I'm sure you are very precocious, being a wizard and all. But a little advice: sometimes being smart means not telling people that you know stuff."
 

HP: 18/18
AC: 14 (Leather)
Bardic
Inspiration:

3/3 (1d6)
Skills
Spell Slots:
1st: [ ] [ ] [ ]
Pass Per: 13
Pass Inv: 12
Pass Ins: 11
SPELL SVE
DC: 13
Arcana: 4
Deception;7
Disguise :5
Cantrips
Minor Illusion;
Vicious Mockery
STATS:
STR:
8-
DEX:16+3
CON:12+1
INT:14+2
WIS:12+1
CHA:16+3
SAVES:
STR:-1
DEX:+5
CON:+1
INT:+2
WIS:+1
CHA:+5
Perform: 5
Persuasion:5
Perception:3
Sl of Hnd: 5
Stealth: 5
Thief Tool:5
Known Spells 1st
Animal Friendship
Comprehend Languages,
Detect Magic,
Heroism,
Sleep,


Fern instantly liked Lorella. She was smart. He’d gotten some information from her but she’d deflected his line of questioning quite tactfully.

“That’s true. I was more careful back in the old days.” He says like an old man reminiscing, “In any case, if we are working together, I figured it’s better if we know each other’s talents.”

He pauses, caught in some kind of internal conflict. He just wanted to scream,

Mardoc can turn into a mouse!


Instead, he takes a sip of his drink.


 

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases

Top