• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Paid Trip to Spellhold [D&D 4e]

Walking Dad

First Post
Taran

Taran blinks. "That sounds like a rather good deal. One last request: My brother seems more hurt than I thought first. Can you take care of him?"

[sblock=OOC]
Removing ex-PC now NPC :devil:

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Taran
Perception: 21 Insight: 14 Low-Light Vision
AC 16 Fortitude 12 Reflex 14 Will 15
Hit Points: 26/31 Bloodied: 15
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge: 7 Surges per day: 9/9
At-Will Powers: Wild Shape, Swarming Locusts, Grasping Claws, Flame Seed
Encounter Powers: Elven Accuracy, Cull the Herd
Daily Powers: Summon Giant Toad
[/sblock][/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
"I'll come with you Taran." adds Cliff. He then turns toward the wizards "All I want, it is the chapel of Illmater near here to be protected while I am gone and it should be fully restored once I'm back. It has been robbed after the death of the last attendant and I never had the resources to give it back his old splendor."

[SBLOCK=OOC]I've finally updated Cliff character sheet. Took me time to choose the items.[/SBLOCK]

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Very well, we'll take care of the shifter, and sent him back to your homeland once he is fully recuperated." states Fremach

The wizard then turns to Cliff
"Yes, said reparations can be made easily, and I'll see a guard patrol the church permanently until your return."

As for Thurinar reply, the mage says "Then perhaps we could help each other in other ways. We'll disscus it later if you may"

On Puget Sound

First Post
Chizz has remained silent and listened, trying to figure out where his best chance lay for getting out of here alive. Seeing that the two sides are coming to some sort of agreement, he speaks up.

Whatever you need done, if you need an able seahand, archer, knife fighter or scout, I'd rather help you than be tied to this chair. If you are enemies of these shadowthieves, I'm sure we can find common purpose.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"An enemy of the shadow thieves is a friend of the Cowled wizards." States Fremach, ad points out to one of his men to untie the half orc.
"This is not a nice place to discuss business. Allow me to teleport us, so we can continue arguing about these matters."

The adeventurers that decided to go with Fremach, stepped close to the wizard. Daven Mithalor and Thurinar stayed back, for that was not their quest.

The cowled mage invoked words of arcane power, and in a sudden flash of light, the new group found themselves in a wide room, of stone and ivory, heavily decorated with carpets and paintings.
The lighting was given by faint torches and candles, and the smell of saumerium and other fragrances was strong in the air.
Fremach gestured towards a sumptuous wooden table and chairs, where a set of maps have been displayed.

The bigger map showed an island, and some sort of castle rested on it.

"I introduce you the Spellhold, the wizard's prison. Once, it was a bastion and an asylum to keep potentially harmful spell casters captive and away from the citizens and the city, and from everything. Prisoners used a diadem that blocked their ability to cast spells.

Years ago, the prison was abandoned, no more vessels travelled there, and the few that went, never came back.

Now, a rotten rock in the middle of the ocean wouldn't concern the Alkathlians, but recently we discovered something strange and unsettling. We have been scrying the prison from time to time. There were some of the former prisoners, mumbling nonsenses, casting spells, some were turned to undeads, others like some elves, have survived, although twisted by madness and corruption.

But then, we couldn't scry the island any more. First it started with the prison, then the entire island, and afterwards, something like a sphere of ant-magic that is scrying proof is growing from the island.

We have no clue as what is this, nor it's source.

I want you to travel to the island, locate whatever is causing this interference, and destroy it. You'll be able to locate it easily, since you will be able to sense the distortion."
he explains, finishing his last sentence pointing at Issia.

"You are free to keep anything you find, and you'll be rewarded handsomely, the arcs of Amn are plentiful. Any question?"

On Puget Sound

First Post
As soon as he is untied, Chizz grabs the bundle containing his weapons and belongings (before the teleport!)

Looking at the map, he tries to place the island in relation to places he has sailed to in the past. Nature: 16 to have an idea of where this island is and what dangers, reefs, bad weather, pirates etc might be near it. If he remembers any, he keeps quiet about it for now.

Walking Dad

First Post
Taran

Taran takes 'his' new equipment before teleporting.

----

The island seems to be completely unknown to Taran.
"Is it only affecting arcane energies?"

[sblock=OOC]
Nature (1d20+12=14)

Can I add my wishlist items to my sheet? I also figure out we will have time for a short rest.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Taran
Perception: 21 Insight: 14 Low-Light Vision
AC 16 Fortitude 12 Reflex 14 Will 15
Hit Points: 31/31 Bloodied: 15
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge: 7 Surges per day: 8/9
At-Will Powers: Wild Shape, Swarming Locusts, Grasping Claws, Flame Seed
Encounter Powers: Elven Accuracy, Cull the Herd
Daily Powers: Summon Giant Toad
[/sblock][/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Apparently it affects any kind of magic. We have tried scrying with the clerics of Waukeen, but to no avail." Replies Fremach. "These are the maps we have stored, from before the city cut lose from the prison island. This is the island of Brynnlaw, it belongs to the Nelanther islands system." he unrolls a scroll, which shows a small port town on the rocky island. "And this is the Asylum, Spellhold." he unrolls anotherone, placing it over the first.

area1600_brynnlaw.jpg

AR1500.jpg

Chizz remembers that Brynnlaw is now, or at least was a few years ago, a pirate port. No ship stayed for long, however.
He believes that Captian Hurk Glasseye is entitled with that territory.
The island is surronded by mortal cliffs, so the only entrance is through the docks on the pirates side.

On Puget Sound

First Post
Other than loss of scrying, have there been any mundane effects? Are ships able to cross that barrier, or have any tried? I'm not eager to be on the first ship to try to cross; what if we disappear?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads