D&D 5E Aberrant Mind's Psionic Sorcery is officially the most powerful feature.

JiffyPopTart

Bree-Yark
You don't seem to understand how the rules work properly.
I'll just leave it at this and tap out.

At my table you would only be able to cast up to 5th level spells, regardless of slots or points.

At my table casting many of the spells in your build would render you no longer "stealthed". Enemies would know both that an enemy was around and where you were when you cast the spell.

At my table no build would ever allow a character to "win" D&D regardless of how things were worded or interpreted, much like the bag of rats from 5e.

I challenge you to revisit your own interpretations on the grey areas of this build and acknowledge that the fundamental power of it lies in your definitions of those portions of your character.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
WTF Man, The only "highly optional" is custom Lineage that isnt Power Creed and easily changeable for V.human.
The Power of The build is stealthy casting, metamagic, versatility and Mind controlling, Strong combos like Twin Polymorph, Mind Controling.
WTF are you saying about a Race with +2 one atribute and a feat?
I Will repeat again, +2 one atribute and a feat. Equal Power to V.human
Its pointless

The build is The strongest by a large margin stronger than any other.
That all
If you dislike It. Change The Custom Lineage for V.human!
Is It hard to undertand?
OK, so you've decided you're not willing to accept common conventions for char opt. That's too bad, but it's your choice. Just, don't expect much feedback from people.

Mistwell

I accepted. V.human instead Custom Lineage.
the background

Oh hey I finally figured out how that thing works. These spells are considered added to your vanilla class spell list, but aren't automatically known.

Right. Let's see which level you learn which spell, and which level you swap which spell. I think we will find you don't get the list you put there, but we shall see.

Last edited:

BacchusNL

Explorer
I'm confused. Does this dude think he can cast lvl 8 spells using 8 sorc points? Because I would pay good money to see a player try to make that case to a DM. That would be hillarious.

Mistwell

And when the book actually came out, the text with reference to the chart makes it super clear they mean the level you gain access to the spell. His argument on that, which was never a good one, became even weaker when you look at the real reference.

BacchusNL

Explorer
And when the book actually came out, the text with reference to the chart makes it super clear they mean the level you gain access to the spell. His argument on that, which was never a good one, became even weaker when you look at the real reference.
You are telling me that WotC doesn't let people cast spells they don't have the equivelant spell slots for? Shocker.

No...wait. That's one of the fundamental building blocks of 5E. My bad.

Mistwell

You are telling me that WotC doesn't let people cast spells they don't have the equivelant spell slots for? Shocker.

No...wait. That's one of the fundamental building blocks of 5E. My bad.
Yes, he's wrong. However, he's channeling the spirit of some great optimizers from the 3e and 4e era. You gotta try this stuff out and see if you can make it work.

Eventually you move on, but I think it's cool he tried a new exploit out and tested the concept as best he could. He's still fighting the battle after it's already lost, but who among us hasn't made that mistake?

Overall I have to say I like this thread. He's made me like the Aberrant Mind sorcerer, when before I didn't have much interest in it. This is cool stuff, reminiscent of the old WOTC optimization board.

Hohige

Explorer
1605900118426.png

A new combo unleash.

Distant Psionic Telekinesis (120ft range).
Well now we can subtle cast it and distant it. Can we now use our action to retrain the creatures into the air, disarming the enemy's weapons? NOTE: The optional Magical Guidance ability also applies here!
Your power is increase a lot with Magical Guidance.
You can do it, using a action and Psionic Quickened (Choose the spell as bonus action) as bonus action.
You also can do it with stealth casting.

Can it apply Twin?

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases