[Adventure!] Daunton's Dead Rises Again DM: Dimsdale.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
before CC attacks I have a question: Does a +5 radiant vulnerable and +2 attack vulnerable from Rune Priest stack?

I don't think so. He gets vuln. 5 for radiant attacks and 2 for all others. The exception might the an attack that does radiant and some other type in which case he would take radiant +5 and that other type +2 similar to how resistances work (assuming the power explicitly says it does two instances of damage). For example, power with psychic and radiant keywords doing both damage types would avoid resist psychic (due to radiant component) and it would do extra 5 damage to CC (again, radiant).

BUT, if said power did psychic damage and 1 radiant damage due to some item, it would do psychic +2 and 1 radiant +5.

My two cents.

Last edited:

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]
I don't think so. He gets vuln. 5 for radiant attacks and 2 for all others. The exception might the an attack that does radiant and some other type in which case he would take radiant +5 and that other type +2 similar to how resistances work (assuming the power explicitly says it does two instances of damage). For example, power with psychic and radiant keywords doing both damage types would avoid resist psychic (due to radiant component) and it would do extra 5 damage to CC (again, radiant).

BUT, if said power did psychic damage and 1 radiant damage due to some item, it would do psychic +2 and 1 radiant +5.

My two cents.

I agree. They will not stack. They will simply take effect according to their respective damage types. If, however, there are two effects that have the same damage type, then only the more powerful one will take effect. For example:

If NPC 1 has vulnerable 1 radiant, and is then hit by another power that imposes vulnerable 3 radiant, the NPC only suffers vulnerable 3 radiant (not vulnerable 4 radiant)

The exception posed by [MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] is also correct. If two damage types are dealt (one of which is radiant), then the +5 will be added to the radiant damage and the +2 will be added to the other type.

[/sblock]

Neil1889

First Post
OOC: Off the top of my head, I think because we have different vulnerability types, yes in this case, they do stack. They wouldn't if the damage types were the same, whereupon only the highest would apply.

dimsdale

First Post
GM: Thanks for your input everyone...Let's just say that it stacks. The thing smells bad anyway

The smelly corpse takes damage from all sides and from various types. The ranger's arrows hit the corpse hard, almost bringing it down. The radiant damage seems to affect it the most as the rotting flesh still burns and sizzles as the corpse begins to move. Ignoring the priest the corpse staggers towards the paladin getting ready to make an attack against the minotaur who has definitely caught the walking undead's attention...

@MetaVoid I believe this provokes an OA. Go ahead and roll it

[sblock=If Rune Priest miss or hit but no kill...]
If the rune priest misses or doesn't kill the CC then the movement takes place and the following attack takes place
Slam vs Minotaur AC: 1d20+8 for 1d6+3 = hit (28) for 8
[/sblock]

[sblock= If Rune Priest hits and kilsl...]
If the rune priest hits and kills the CC, then the following action takes place
Death Burst (when reduced to 0 hit points) ✦ Necrotic
The corruption corpse explodes. Close burst 1; +7 vs. Fortitude;
2d6 + 3 necrotic damage.

This attack will only affect the rune priest: 1d20+7 vs Rune Priest Fort: miss
No one damaged in burst
[/sblock]

GM: Please enter your basic OA attack into the the spread sheet so that I don't have to look to find it. :) Once I have everyone's OA attack I will roll them myself in order to keep the game flow running smoothly.

One other note: the map reflects a miss by the rune priest, which then allows the CC move to this location which now leaves the CC adjacent to both the paladin and rune priest.
_

Last edited:

Neil1889

First Post
OOC: If I read this right, then, Labraundos is critical hit for 11 damage by the CC and this takes his remaining 7 THP's and 4 hit points off, leaving him with 32 hit points.

dimsdale

First Post
OOC: Oops, scan misread, I think. Should be 9 damage, so no more THP's and 2 HP's off, leaving 34 hit points.

GM: Yep, that's right

As the rune priest fumbles over his large maul the undead filth lifts his hands high into the air and then punches the paladin hard into the face. Most of the damage was absorbed by magic, but it still hurts just the same. Both the rune priest and paladin feel the effects of the terrible stench.

GM: It's the parties turn...sorry for the delay :)

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: Do we know it will blow up? If we do, tanks should move away and then we blast it. If we don't...well, tough luck for the minotaur :)

Remove ads