log in or register to remove this ad

 

[Adventure] Squash Those Bugs! (DM: Dekana, Judge: ?)

treex

First Post
"W-what are you?" the Deva in the group finally speaks. "Are you dwarf or beast?" Emsy says. Although her exterior remains calm and collected, she is quite startled by the sudden change of one of her companions.

"I was last recruited into this group, I apologize for my lack of understanding of everyone's...talents." she says before looking around at the party. "I am good with the bow, though I myself have no true understanding of what I'm capable off. There are things that I know how to do, things I've did in my previous lives? They sometimes flood back into me. Forcefully."

Emsy nocks an arrow and starts looking for her target..."I also tend to veer towards loquacity when I get anxious or jumpy."

Emsy tries to look at her surroundings, to see if she can recall or notice anything...
[sblock=Rolls]Nature 14, Perception 10[/sblock]
[sblock=OOC]@FlervaFlerv I noticed that Flervin's character sheet shows that he has three beast-form at-wills (I checked cause I honestly didn't know he was druid) which violates the Balance of Nature class feature. (Uh, unless there was a proposal to let you do this, then my bad D: )

You begin with three at-will attack powers. Throughout your career, at least one of those powers, and no more than two, must have the beast form keyword. By this means, you have access to useful attacks in either beast form or humanoid form.
[/sblock]
 

log in or register to remove this ad

FlervaFlerv

First Post
"I be but a dwarf whom is in the commune of our natural surroundings." He replies in a collected and well thought out manner.

OOC: Gah! I thought I had made that change when I last edited the character sheet. Thanks for pointing it out! Consider it corrected. Also noticed an error on my hit rolls that has also been corrected.
 
Last edited:

pathfinderq1

First Post
Lenyara barely seemed to give a glance at the dwarf's transformation- such things were hardly unusual for her, and she kept her attention on the wolf. "Seems like we agree, then," she growled. "Let's try to close in a bit before he notices us." Without another word she began to make her way forward, towards the wolf. With weapons ready in her hands, she took care to use the light forest for cover as much as possible. Despite her apparent grace, she kept glancing back towards the others, and she made more noise than one might expect...

[sblock= OOC]
>Current aspect is Dancing serpent
>Stealth check to approach wolf: 1d20+7= 13; roll http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3963878/
[/sblock]
 

Neil1889

First Post
The Minotaur looks at the transformed dwarf, shrugs and then realises that the woman has left him behind. He follows, imitating her technique the best he can.

[sblock=Stealth]Stealth check to approach wolf = 13 [/sblock]
 

treex

First Post
OOC: Emsy is fine with whatever distance she's at, she'll support from behind and keep and eye on the kobolds.

EDIT: I have an at-will that grants attacks to allies, as well as a daily interrupt that grants an attack, would the general consensus be that I roll for those attacks or the players themselves roll?
 
Last edited:

Dekana

First Post
As Lenyara and Labraundos approach the wolf, they get a clearer view of what they're dealing with. The animal is very skinny and patches of its fur are missing due to some canine disease. Its snout is painted red with the blood of its meal - a kobold with black scales.

The wolf suddenly stops eating and its ears twitch. It sniffs loudly and then turns to look directly at Labraundos.

"Grrrrr...."

Despite its initial growl, the wolf begins stepping backwards away from the adventurers and the fallen kobold.

OOC: Nature: This is a mundane wolf, alone and malnourished. You could probably scare it off with a suitable display of aggression.
However, the wolf is a maneater (kobold-eater?). If you want to kill it, you can do so without needing to roll.
 

pathfinderq1

First Post
Lenyara stepped forward a pace, looking carefully at the sickly wolf- and its victim. Then she gave off an ear-splitting howl, a sound more like an enraged predator cat than a human. She rushed forward in a blur of motion, her weapons spinning.

The poor wolf managed to back up only another half a step before Lenyara reached him. The braided tangle of leather straps in her right hand lashed out, entangling the beast's front legs- and a simple twist of her wrist dragged the wolf forward, directly onto the waiting long knife. She kicked the creature away even as it was falling, and took a quick glance at what was left of its prey.

Almost before some of the others registered what had happened, Lenyara was back with the group. "That wolf wasn't dangerous. It was hurt, maybe sick. It looks like it was eating one of your people, but I am not sure that the wolf was the killer- more likely the kobold was already dead. Are there other wolves around here?" Lenyara's speech seemed directed mostly at the two kobolds who had hired them, but she did look around the group to see if anyone had anything to add.
 

Neil1889

First Post
OOC: EDIT: I have an at-will that grants attacks to allies, as well as a daily interrupt that grants an attack, would the general consensus be that I roll for those attacks or the players themselves roll?

OOC: You can roll Labraundos' attack, treex. Just remember that if you are lucky enough to roll a natural 20, then his greataxe is a high crit weapon.


Lenyara's speech seemed directed mostly at the two kobolds who had hired them, but she did look around the group to see if anyone had anything to add.

"Perhaps the kobold was old?"
 

Dekana

First Post
"You did it!" both kobolds cheer in unison.

Deemus steps forward and inspects Lenyara's handiwork. "Zak not old. Was young! And had knife... still has!" He points a dagger sheathed at the side of the fallen kobold.

Tak, keeping more of a distance than her comrade, points out, "Wolf has surprise though."

"Ooh, true. Is SUPER big advantage!" responds Deemus. "Anyway, uh... wolf is same? I think? We run fast, not see well. Not only wolf near cave. We should hurry there!"

Tak, inching closer, says "Want take Zak too. Give burning at home. Join spirits..."
 
Last edited:

pathfinderq1

First Post
As the kobolds (and the other?) made their observations, Lenyara began to examine the area around the wolf and the dead kobold. She moved carefully, methodically around the edges of the area, away from where the others were standing, checking for signs of tracks and other details...

OOC: Using the ranger wilderness knack of Wilderness Tracker to examine the area around the fallen kobold and the wolf, looking to determine if there are signs of any other recent tracks in the area, and what direction the two victims entered the area from, as well as any other details which might be visible; Perception check (unknown DC) 1d20+9= 26; roll http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3967902/
 

Neil1889

First Post
The Minotaur slings his axe on to a strap accross his back and waits for Lenyara to finish so that he can gather up the remains of Zak.

"To your cave, then."
 

Dekana

First Post
Lenyara finds drag marks in the area surrounded by the paw prints of one wolf. It would seem that Zak was killed elsewhere and dragged a significant distance to this spot. The tracks lead in the direction of Bacarte, neither toward the caves or the shore. While there are tracks from other animals in the area - deer and more wolves - those tracks are at least several days old, if not more.

After Labraundos has Zak's remains over his shoulder, the Deemus takes the lead and continues on toward the kobold settlement. After twenty more minutes of trekking through the rocky terrain, the party comes upon cave entrance channeled into a rock wall.



Outside the cave is another black-scaled kobold, this one clad in pale burlap clothing. Beside him is a young human man with jet black hair. He wears black leather armor and bears a mean-looking scar beneath one eye.

The kobold speaks to the human, apparently not having noticed the others yet.

"Finally, we're here! I'll just introduce you to the Boss, and then you can get right to your exterminating. He'll want to make the formal contract with you; he always wants to micromanage like that..."
 

treex

First Post
"This...'super advantage'...could you elaborate? Is it perhaps...something magical?" says Emsy. While Lenyara scouts the area around them, Emsy tries to detect any nearby magical energies...

[sblock=Arcana Check]1d20+6=13[/sblock]

OOC: Oh no, posted before the update...does my post still apply?
 

Dekana

First Post
"Hyaahh!" Tak roars from behind Emsy. "Wolf like that. Teeth in your throat before you hear."

OOC: Yep, it still applies.
Lenyara does not detect magic.
 
Last edited:


Neil1889

First Post
"Deemus, I think you'd better tell this talky kobold ahead of us and the human he's hired what we're here for."

Labraundos felt reasonably sure that his sudden appearance with a potential dead relative over his shoulder might be a bit of a shock to the cave's inhabitants.
 

FlervaFlerv

First Post
"The kobolds wish to take their fallen kin along with us...any volunteers to carry the creature?" he says matter of factly and looks among his peers. "Also, I'd say we move on, I feel we have much work to do."

OOC: How big is the deceased kobold?
 


FlervaFlerv

First Post
OOC: Not to worry, I've been carrying him since Dekana made post 32.


"I'm managing," says the Minotaur, as he shifts his weight slightly.

OOC: Took a minute for the post to update, apparently...when i posted that question, i only had 3 pages in the thread :D


While walking, Flervin decides it is in his best interest to be in a, perhaps more familiar form, and shifts back in to his original form before meeting the Boss. He plucks 2 feather out from his left elbow which seem to have not changed with him, and casually places them in to his belt pouch.
 

Vertexx69

First Post
Nicodemus materializes at the edge of the party once he stops moving for a few seconds, looking at the entrance to the dismal cave mouth. "I can see giant bugs living here, but why would sentient beings?"
 

Halloween Horror For 5E

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top