• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] The Predicament of Mr. Gimo Tine [Judge:?]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Mikara the elven Ranger

Mikara tracks the group down, and soon finds herself in an odd place: The entrance of the sewers works of the city. Not without frowning she opens the door that leads to the "stenchland". She follows a series of splatters along the wall, and quickly finds that these are marks left by someone intenting to point a direction. As she follows along, the sound of battle comes to her ears. She rushes forward, and as she reaches the site, her eyes catch a slight movement on the sewer water. A pair of eye stalks moving in the opposite direction of her. As she stops dry to identify what it was, the familiar voice of Morvannon reaches her. "We have more important things to do than chase monsters." his voice sounding metallic and echoed by the tunnel of the sewers.

Welcome our new player, [MENTION=79440]H.M.Gimlord[/MENTION]

In the waste.

The trails that the group has been following, end up in the non descript door near them. It appears as any other sewer door, but even as Grakk and Soldier push together, the door appears not to move an inch.

Perhaps it's more behind this not so common door than it would appear on first sight.

[sblock=Open the door!]

Welcome to our Skill challenge number 3! Open the damn door!

Main skills: Arcana, Dungeoneering, insight. DC: 15. 8 Yay!s, before 3 D'oh!s

Oh, and you won 1200 total xp for this battle [/sblock]

Last edited:

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Mikara walks up quietly behind the party. Morvannon turns his head as she arrives, letting her know she's not as silent as she would like to be. Silently, the warlock points to the door and shrugs.

Though to any observer, Mikara would seem out of her element in a city sewer, even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then. She gives the door a good look-over.

OOC: How's it going fellahs?
Dungeoneering: 1d20+5 = 21
Stealth: 1d20+15=20 (for fluff, not for the skill challenge)

[sblock=Ministats]Mikara Li Mesadh
Passive Insight 15
Passive Perception 22
Senses Low-Light Vision

HP 39/39; Surges Left 7; AP 1
AC 20; FORT 14; REF 18 WIL 15
Speed 7 (Wildstep)

Str 10 (+0) Dex 21 (+5) Wis 17 (+3)
Con 12 (+1) Int 10 (+0) Cha 10 (+0)

Powers:
Dagger
:bmelee: +5 vs AC 1d4 damage
Longbow
:branged:+11 vs AC 1d12 + 7 damage
Nimble Strike
:ranged: +11 vs. AC 1d12+7 damage
Twin Strike
:melee: +5 vs. AC 1d4 damage per attack
:ranged: +11 vs. AC 1d12+2 damage per attack
Agile Recovery
Minor: Stand Up

Elven Accuracy
Free: Re-roll Attack
Evasive Strike
:melee:+5 vs. AC 2d4 damage
:ranged: +11 vs. AC 2d12+7 damage
Cut & Run
:melee:+5 vs. AC 1d4 damage per attack
:ranged: +11 vs. AC 1d12+7 damage per attack

Hunter's Bear Trap
:melee: +5 vs. AC 1d4 damage per attack
:ranged: +11 vs. AC 1d12+7 damage per attack

[/sblock]

RedBeardJim

First Post
Morvannon looks at the elf as she approaches. "Hey Mikara, been a while. What are you doing down here in the sewers?"

Turning back to the door, he mumbles, "Magic? I suppose it could be, but I'm not seeing it."

[sblock=Actions]Arcana check: 1d20+10=12. I should just stop rolling.[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
"Indeed. It has been a while." She gives the warlock a friendly smile "I've been educating a green crowd at the Hanged Man. Seems your employer is wondering what's taking you so long. If an iron door is the worst of your problems, I think I'll go back and collect my money now." She slaps the half-elf on the back and winks.

Velmont

First Post
Accepting Morvannon judgment about the new comer, Jarel-karn tells "I would rather say this is the beginning of our actual problems. We had some, and there will be other once we get out of this sewer... oh, sorry, our problem here began with these." pointing the three Otyugh bodies on the ground.

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Mikara probes one of the beasts with the end of her bow, lifting an eyebrow to Morvannon inquisitively, "I see that the other side of your family hasn't gotten any prettier," She smiles and looks up at Jarel-karn, "Name's Mikara. I'd say that Morvannon and I go way back, but we only really had a couple of days to get to know one another."

dimsdale

First Post
Grakk pauses after looking at the new arrival. I am Grakk. I've been on many adventures with Morvannon. I'd fight to the death for him. If you are an ally of Morvannon, then you are an ally of mine. To seal the bond the barbarian way, Grakk grabs his axe by the blade with both hands. Without looking, Grakk abruptly pushes his right hand across the blade, causing a deep cut into his palm. The barbarian never flinches, keeping his gaze locked on Mikara. He then lets go of the axe blade. Blood seeps through his fingers and drips to the floor. Grakk then extends his hand to Mikara, expecting Mikara to extend her hand as well.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads